TheSpungo's Total Mod Thread

thespungo

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So this is pretty much the best night ever for me. I came across this jersey the other day and thought, "boy this is a sweet jersey, it sure would be fun to make this":

baseball1947spahnbravesla0.jpg

So after finishing up some new Blue Jays jerseys tonight, among a few other teams, I decided to treat myself to some fun and design a whole new set of templates just for this baby:

I don't wanna upset Hory with my bragging, but I feel invincible right now, like there's no uniform out there that I can't recreate. Damn, I had fun making this uniform. And while I realize no one out there was around for the satin era, except for YankeeFourLife, but I hope everyone can get in to this retro stuff a little bit because I would not mind making a few more of these.

If anybody has more information or pictures of this or other satin jerseys, send it my way...

Damn! Those look spectacular. I don't know how you do it, but I have an end goal in sight and I sure as hell am going to try my best to improve my uniform making - maybe at least get to being half as good as you.

BTW, expect a review of your beta sometime today.

One thing I did notice since you did say to point out minor details well there is some thing going on with the shoulders by the undershirt but it is a minor thing. As far as the equipment I really only know the teams in the central but i was notocing that with the cubs grey away unis the wristbands are red. For the most part the team uses either easton or under armor and usually in grey or blue. Also for the home uniform maybe you could change the shoes to a solid blue, as far as the brand under armour, nike, easton. I know its minor and im just nitpicking, great job love the texture. Pure eye candy.

Great work spungo, of course i've only played a few games with the new uniforms, but the mets look great so far. I love the alternate satin braves uniform posted above. what years did the satin uniform cover?i can look around online to see what i can find.

I have a quick qustion. If you have to make a swash under the script logo on a uniform. How do you suggest doing it? Just by using Marcelle swashes?

Oh boy, I have no idea what you're talking about at all. What's a "swash"?

Chances are, though, that the answer to your question is I don't make it -- I rarely have to 'make' anything unless I can't find a decent picture of it online.