TheSpungo's Total Mod Thread

thespungo

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said, I was wondering if there's a way to expand this???

Yes I've tried, I was hoping that the format could be changed.

Like the sleeves, the skin tones are expanded.

I don't know much about how things work/run in the files.

I just thought maybe somebody would know how, if it were possible.

what do you mean IF? the stock one contains 6 fielding gloves. if his mod contains 7, then you know it can be expanded. it works just like those skin tones. if you want to know how many, check by adding an 8th one. if it crashes you know it's stuck to 7. if not, do 9, 10...otherwise you're waiting on someone else to check.

Thanks guys....

It seems that 7 is the limit because when I run the FSHTool it only

imports the 6+ the 1B glove, 7 total. I was hoping that somebody

knew a way around this, that's all. As for his mod, I love the fact that

there's a huge selection 29-gloves, 6-1B gloves, 5-catchers.

I try to make it as "SIM" as possible by assigning most of the players

the gloves they use in MLB, (if there's a mod for the glove).

Spungo you do awesome work, I hope to see more mods in the future!

I just opened the index FSH file w/ notepad, if I tried to create more spots

in there do you think this would work? I don't want to attempt something

that I might regret! I don't think I would corrupt anything, reason

being that I'd create a backup or delete any lines I create in the index

FSH file b4 something weird could happen. I'd just like to know if anybody has ever tried this?

Well....I tried it. It didn't work. FSHTool doesn't want to recognize

more than 7 items. Oh well, maybe somebody else knows the correct

way to do this, if possible???

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Anygay, it wasn't a big deal, but the other day I just dropped by to say "hey" to everyone and to remind them that they can always leave me questions and comments in this thread, that I'll be here to answer them now, and that I'm still slavin' away on those computer uniforms.

Just checking in, making sure this post will get deleted, too...

I noticed the same thing Spungo. The first day you came back you came in this thread and asked something like if anyone had any questions about uniforms or Photoshop questions for you. I took off for a few hours and came back and I saw the post was gone and I didn't understand it.

Let me know if there are any further questions about this. Whatever it was it has to be a mistake and I'll find out what the heck happened here. Trues himself was curious about this too.

Anygay, it wasn't a big deal, but the other day I just dropped by to say "hey" to everyone and to remind them that they can always leave me questions and comments in this thread, that I'll be here to answer them now, and that I'm still slavin' away on those computer uniforms.

Correction. It is a big deal. I don't want you to think that anything is starting all over again. You're welcome here and I want to go more than halfway to make you feel like it. You said nothing wrong in that post of yours. I mean you were just re-introducing yourself in here and I don't get what happened.

Thanks, YFL.

When will the 2010 uniform pack be out and can you tell me what specific Mets jerseys will be available? Thanks.

Mets

028a Home

028b Road

028c 2010 Home alt throwback

028d Road alt black

028e Road alt black

028f Home alt black hat

028g 1986 Home

028h 1986 Road

028i 1982 Home alt

028j 1987 Road

028k 1983 Road alt

028l 1991 Home

028m 1991 Road

028n 1997 Home alt

028o Spring

Some uniforms have yet to be unveiled, so there is work yet to be done, but everything should be out a week or so before spring training. Therefore, I'm anticipating releasing both the STANDARD and PLUS versions the first week of spring training games.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a note for anyone in here that is interested in creating their own uniforms for MVP or has questions about them, post your questions here in this thread. This is Spungo's thread and over the years he has made uniforms for every single major league team and also the minor leagues too.

The thing is, if you have played MVP before you probably have already seen his work. Check out for example the MVP 2008 and 2007 mod. That's his stuff. Also check out the 2009 mod for MVP 2004 by piratesmvp04.

What stands out in his work can be summed up in three words: Attention to detail. He won't just make a uniform once and then be done with it. Do the buttons look wrong in one uniform? He'll fix it. He'll keep on tweaking these uniforms until he's satisfied and the end result is what you see in the game, a uniform that looks just as good as the ones you see if you are watching a game on a high definition TV.

Only the best modders here have this kind of attitude towards their work. Look at the four top stadium guys (paulw, Big O, Sean O and Pirate) and you'll see that they have the same approach to their work. Look at Hory. It took him 18 months to create the 1994 mod. Attention to detail. And Jim825. Every time he thinks a total conversion mod is completed he finds something else to put in or something else to tinker with. That's what I think spungo's attitude is towards his work. You may be satisfied with his work but he has to be satisfied first.

So if any of you guys want to learn how to make your uniforms or make your existing uniforms better there's no other place to go on this site than right here.

Just a note for anyone in here that is interested in creating their own uniforms for MVP or has questions about them, post your questions here in this thread. This is Spungo's thread and over the years he has made uniforms for every single major league team and also the minor leagues too.

The thing is, if you have played MVP before you probably have already seen his work. Check out for example the MVP 2008 and 2007 mod. That's his stuff. Also check out the 2009 mod for MVP 2004 by piratesmvp04.

What stands out in his work can be summed up in three words: Attention to detail. He won't just make a uniform once and then be done with it. Do the buttons look wrong in one uniform? He'll fix it. He'll keep on tweaking these uniforms until he's satisfied and the end result is what you see in the game, a uniform that looks just as good as the ones you see if you are watching a game on a high definition TV.

Only the best modders here have this kind of attitude towards their work. Look at the four top stadium guys (paulw, Big O, Sean O and Pirate) and you'll see that they have the same approach to their work. Look at Hory. It took him 18 months to create the 1994 mod. Attention to detail. And Jim825. Every time he thinks a total conversion mod is completed he finds something else to put in or something else to tinker with. That's what I think spungo's attitude is towards his work. You may be satisfied with his work but he has to be satisfied first.

So if any of you guys want to learn how to make your uniforms or make your existing uniforms better there's no other place to go on this site than right here.

Every single one of those guys kick *** Y4L, and it's great to see most of them still plugging away, and making great stuff for this wonderful game.

• 1 month later...

I'm getting ready to release my 2010 uniform update next week, but before I do I'd like to hear back from some of you on the topic of donations.

Last year, this website was pretty vocal against me requiring donations to access my larger uniform update, which is ironic considering this website went the same route with donations some months later. Let's discuss:

- Some of you suggested last year that I do not set a price so all of you could decide what the right donation amount should be. Would you like to see that this year? Do you think you would actually donate, as some of you claimed, or could you see everyone just donating $0.01 and then downloading as much as they want?

- Was $5 a fair amount to access donator-only content? For unlimited downloads all season long, what is the right donation amount?

- If it was offered for free, would you even download it? Are you still playing MVP Baseball?

Last year, this website was pretty vocal against me requiring donations to access my larger uniform update, which is ironic considering this website went the same route with donations some months later. Let's discuss:

I don't want to start any fights here, and I don't speak for MVPMods (i.e. don't bring Trues or any of the other admins into this discussion), but there is a big difference between charging $5.00 for one mod and charging $5.00 for unlimited downloads forever on this site. Plus, if someone doesn't want to donate the $5.00, they can still download 2 mods a day for no charge at all.

I don't want to start any fights here, and I don't speak for MVPMods (i.e. don't bring Trues or any of the other admins into this discussion), but there is a big difference between charging $5.00 for one mod and charging $5.00 for unlimited downloads forever on this site. Plus, if someone doesn't want to donate the $5.00, they can still download 2 mods a day for no charge at all.

If you don't want to donate $5, you can still get the standard version of my uniforms which are free to everyone.

What is the difference between what I am doing and what MVPmods is doing? If I lowered the suggested donation, would that seem more fair in your eyes?

Whatever you want to do is cool with me. I love your work! $5 is not a big deal, but shouldn't it be a part of the $5 for the site's other downloads? Spungo, should we submit our email addresses to you for the 2010 stuff?

Once the 2010 plans are finalized, I'll send out an email to last year's contributors and make an announcement on the blog.

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?showtopic=41018

I'm pretty sure you'll find your answer in that thread. It has been beaten to death already.

You're doing it to cover server costs, I'm doing it to compensate me for the great amount of time I've spent doing this. I think that difference is negligible, but then again I'm a horrible person so that probably explains that point of view.

So do you have any opinions on this? Should I change things up for 2010 or keep them the same?

You're doing it to cover server costs, I'm doing it to compensate me for the great amount of time I've spent doing this. I think that difference is negligible, but then again I'm a horrible person so that probably explains that point of view.

So do you have any opinions on this? Should I change things up for 2010 or keep them the same?

No one's saying you are a horrible person for wanting to charge for the time involved in creating your uniforms. If this is what you want to do, then go right ahead. You and Trues each have very valid and understandable reasons for having to resort to charging a small fee for what is offered. Heck, Trues has a website that he has to support and he has been doing it since 2004 and it is not unreasonable to assume that it must have been tough during some of those months in the past to pay the server costs when money was tight.

As for you, I get it as well. I've read your thread over at Eamods in the past and every single time someone had some minor complaint with one of the uniforms (maybe the number wasn't big or small enough, or the color of the button on the uniform may have been the wrong color, etc) you would then go out and fix it and update your uniform set. And it happened time and time again which took more and more of your time.

The way I see it is for the price of ten dollars, which is much less than going to a matinee movie and buying a popcorn and drink, you can have access to all the downloads you want on this website and have your updates to the Mvp uniforms also. That's how this should be considered.

That's your (and only your) decision to make. If you feel you should be compensated for your time, then do what works for you.