TheSpungo's Total Mod Thread

thespungo

Honestly, the shadowing of that uni looks awful.

I really didn't want to open the game back up and re-take another screenshot that's not in the shadows of the stadium. I agree with you, however I hope you'll take my word for it and believe me when I say these look just as good as my Royals and Rockies uniforms...

0022rx0.png

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that's two for yay, none for nay, and one against bad stadium shading. I'll leave this open to debate for awhile.

In the meantime, first person to make a request gets their team done next (Yes, that was a rhyme). Then after I finish that jersey, all you knuckleheads can decide whether or not you want me to spend all my time doing this uniform pack...

Just a hunch.. but I think the NY teams will get last dibs on Spungo's list.

Boo-yah.

I love your Royals uniform, but I always thought the t-shirt under the jersey looked a little off. Is there any way to make it like your Display Picture. The coller part looks oddly shaped.

That undershirt and collar get warped something fierce when it's mapped out in the game, so I really did as much as I could with it. I tried to get a more defined collar in there, but it just stretched too much, so I just went with the way you're seeing now. Maybe one day I'll try to improve that area a little bit...

In the meantime, first person to make a request gets their team done next (Yes, that was a rhyme). Then after I finish that jersey, all you knuckleheads can decide whether or not you want me to spend all my time doing this uniform pack...

Blue Jays

Same colors as the Royals uni's if that helps you out and makes it easier for you :)

These go fairly fast, but the big problem will be getting all the patches, pants, cleats, and other equipment as realistic as possible.

bluejays0021gt0.pngmariners0022cn6.pngmets0020ay4.pngindians0022zv3.png

So if this is indeed something that you would be interested in, let me know right here in this thread. If the consensus would rather use KCs uniform pack, however, then I'll just pack these up and go back to my Royals and Rockies work...

When you resize the logos do you sharpen them? It's always good to sharpen and then add some noise.

EDIT: oh crap I just gave out a modding secret.

If you listen very carefully, you can see the noise. I don't like to add too much noise or sharpening because it takes away from the photo-realistic quality.

what did you do to the uni temps? Added a plastic filter? Just wondering...

Well, without giving too much away, I made my templates pretty much by hand, going through and blurring with a little brightness... no filters involved.

Although speaking of the plastic filter, I am looking for a good way to replicate some sheen/shiny surface. Some teams chest logos have that shiny look, but I just can't seam to re-produce that look with the plastic filter.