TheSpungo's Total Mod Thread

thespungo

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heres a couple previews. I had to change the color a little bit to try and match up with my current unis (KCs). So this isn't an accurate screenie, color-wise. But I love how you accurately did the front logo.

compuniwm6.png

The splitting of the "R" in Mariner bugged me.

kg2univc3.png

Kudos to you. Can't wait to see the rest of it. Only small issue was the weird mapping "S" at. Not a huge deal. SWEET unis overall!

riunivn9.png

these are looking really good, put only a preview pic will really tell how good they are.

Don't you expect top-notch quality with me by now? TheSpungo is a brand name you can trust...

Heres a couple previews. I had to change the color a little bit to try and match up with my current unis (KCs). So this isn't an accurate screenie, color-wise. But I love how you accurately did the front logo.

Kudos to you. Can't wait to see the rest of it. Only small issue was the weird mapping "S" at. Not a huge deal. SWEET unis overall!

Yeah, they look pretty good when compared side-by-side (sorry KC). I just like the idea of using the pressbox photos, the quality is nearly un-matchable because you're actually using the real thing.

And the mapping does get weird near the sides, but the only solution is to make the chest logo smaller and not as long. But I find the mapping sometimes gives the illusion that the chest logo is wrapping around the body, similar to the way it does in real life.

Anyways, glad you like 'em. If you want, send me all the stuff I'd need to finish off the M's home uniform (pictures, patches, etc) and I'll get it done ASAP and send you the .fsh files. Then it'll be 2 down, 30 to go... (if anyone else is still interested)

If you want, send me all the stuff I'd need to finish off the M's home uniform (pictures, patches, etc) and I'll get it done ASAP and send you the .fsh files.

Not sure what all you need but heres the best pic I could find of the 30th anniversary patch. I have all the official logos and such too if you need em. Drop me a PM with your email and I will send em right over.

pMLB2-1826703dt.jpg

some people might give you crap about that Detroit logo, it's slightly misshapen

I'm not sure you're following the point of this thread -- do all the uniforms stay nice and crisp with perfectly flat and straight chest logos? Or do they fold and twist over the player's body? Bonus points to anyone who can answer that...

I'm not sure you're following the point of this thread -- do all the uniforms stay nice and crisp with perfectly flat and straight chest logos? Or do they fold and twist over the player's body? Bonus points to anyone who can answer that...

yea, I was actually thinking about that, it's not like I was trashing your work (how could anyone?) :oops:

I need all the bonus points I can get, do you mind transferring them to my chemistry teacher and she can add them to my final?

um i posted the mariners 30th anniversary logo for ya, but it's not showing up on my end. if you got it, cool, if not let me know and i'll repost it.

Got it, thanks.

Coming from a Tigers Fan, I think the uni is stunning!

And thank you, too. I'll do the Tigers next and send you the uniform file so you can take it for a test drive.

spungo, I hope you didn't mis-interpret my comments above, I really do think these unis look great, as do all the other accessories you have created.

I do have a request: When you do uniform pants, do you think you could try and make the belts more realistic? I know it's only a minor detail, but they sometimes tend to look plastic-ish. I hope I'm not being a pest :binkybaby:

One step closer to perfection in uniforms. Good job.

Thank you sir, perfection is always the goal.

spungo, I hope you didn't mis-interpret my comments above, I really do think these unis look great, as do all the other accessories you have created.

I do have a request: When you do uniform pants, do you think you could try and make the belts more realistic? I know it's only a minor detail, but they sometimes tend to look plastic-ish. I hope I'm not being a pest :binkybaby:

I'm not at all worried about criticism, people can say whatever the heck they want as far I'm concerned. I do realize you weren't bashing my stuff, but from your first post I just got the sense that you didn't understand why the 'D' was wavy, so I chose to reply sarcastically (and quite well, might I add).

As for the belts, it is a very minor detail, but I will see what I can come up with...

And what fonts would that be?

The ones that go with the uni's you're working on. For the jerseys they mod for NHL games, the modders often apply the "cresting" effects to the fonts as well. Swing by NHL depot to get a glimpse of what I'm talking about.

The ones that go with the uni's you're working on. For the jerseys they mod for NHL games, the modders often apply the "cresting" effects to the fonts as well. Swing by NHL depot to get a glimpse of what I'm talking about.

So you mean the chest logos that are actually on the jersey? Yeah buddy, I think I've pretty much done as much as I can with those, I thought it was fairly obvious by now...

I find that a lot of photoshop work doesn't look as realistic as actually taking the chest logos from high resolution photographs.