$50.00 bucks cash to anyone who can

UncleMo

Well, I need some money. I know oedit, o, ord, and orl, we used to hang out a few years ago.

So, where are these ord/orl files? In the models.big? Are these the "gxxx" files?

If so, I have 45 of them in my models.big g001-g045, how do I know which one to edit?

1-15 are used in the game.

16-45 is unexplained. My theory, which is untested since I do not know oedit and never could learn it, is that faces 16-45 are for when you have a rookie drafted that is broad bodied, slim, athletic, etc. so that the head shape changes to fit the body. This is just a theory. If you are successfull, and all of my rejoicing quiet downs, I'll only have 2 questions left: "how in the world did ya do that!" and "do you prefer paypal or hard cash to be mailed".

offer $50,000

because it is not possible, unless the oedit guy makes a converter. And he was offered $200 for one last season and said he could not make one

It'd be nice if there was an OEdit version that would you could automatically load all the texture assignments for the stadium. It's kinda a pain to do it manually for the parts you want to edit.

Now you're just speaking to me in French man. Both of you.

ok, here's the deal. MVP .orl and .ord files can be converted into .o files with ord2o.exe. There was then a program called OIFtool, created by O-Edit's creator. You could use this program to convert .o files into .oif files. These .oif files could then be opened in a program called ZModeler, a 3D modeling program. The problem is, OIFtool never supported MVP 05 .o files, until I asked the creator to try and add support for MVP 05. It took him a while, but he did do this. He told me not to tell anyone because the MVP 05 support was only in its beta form. It's been months since this, so I'm assuming it's ok now. The problem is, it can only convert certain MVP .o files, like mstadium.o. What I did was open mstadium.oif in ZModeler, save it as a .z3d, and open it in ZModeler 2, which has more capabilities. However, it is still impossible to open the mstadium.z3d file along with all the textures, because nobody has yet to figure out how EA assigned textures to parts. I did some testing with it a long time ago, and found out these things:

-no new polygons can be created

-polygons can not be deleted and replaced with new ones.

I have yet to try UV Mapping, and moving polygons. I only use it now to find where certain parts of stadiums are located, making O-Editting slightly easier.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived