Total Minors Conversion

Dagger147

I know this has been discussed before, but I wanted to throw this out there and see what everyone thinks. My idea is to create a total minor league conversion. As the table below shows, I’ve listed the Major League teams along with their minor league affiliates. The last column are the teams from the Midwest and South Atlantic leagues. These are the teams that would need to be added. But how can this be done? Easy! Replace the Major League teams with the AAA teams, the AAA teams with the AA teams, the AA teams with the A teams, and the A teams with the Midwest and South Atlantic teams. This can be done with LocLook (http://www.mvpmods.com/Downloads/details/id=2338.html). As far as the cyberfaces are concerned, there’s probably hundreds of generic ones already in the game. Some could be reused as needed. Bodhiball made some fantastic AAA and AA stadiums which could be utilized (with his permission of course) or new ones can be created. The new ones wouldn’t need to be too extravagant. Perhaps just some minor tweaks to already existing generic AAA, AA, and A stadiums. Rosters would probably be the most difficult to accomplish. All of the players from the Midwest and South Atlantic leagues would need to be added. Like I said though, this would be difficult but not impossible. The uniforms would take some time to make, but only 60 would need to be done (home and away uniforms) for the Midwest and South Atlantic teams. The schedules would be very time-consuming, and the person making them would need to pay close attention to what AAA team would replace the Major League teams and so on. For example, this is what the Major League schedule looks like:

DATE,Time,Home,Road,Half

04/01/2007,19:15,StL,NYM,0

04/02/2007,13:05,CWS,Cle,0

04/02/2007,13:05,Det,Tor,0

On April 1 the Cardinals are playing the Mets. In the conversion, the Memphis Redbirds would be playing the New Orleans Zephyrs.

This is the AAA schedule:

DATE,GAMETIME,HOME,AWAY,HALF

4/7/2005,19:05,Cls,Cha,0

4/7/2005,19:05,Nor,Ind,0

4/7/2005,19:05,Ott,SWB,0

On April 7, the Columbus Clippers are playing the Charlotte Knights. In the conversion, the Harrisburg Senators would play the Birmingham Barons.

This is the AA schedule:

4/7/2005,19:05,Akr,Rea,0

4/7/2005,19:05,Alt,PSD,0

4/7/2005,19:05,Bng,Now,0

On April 7, the Akron Aeros are playing the Reading Phillies. In the conversion, the Kinston Indians would play the Clearwater Threshers.

This is the A schedule:

4/7/2005,13:35,Clr,Dun,0

4/7/2005,13:35,Day,BC,0

4/7/2005,13:35,FM,Sar,0

On April 7, the Clearwater Threshers are playing the Dunedin Blue Jays. In the conversion, the Lakewood Blue Claws would play the Lansing Lugnuts.

Like I said, the person making the schedule would need to pay very close attention to what AAA team replaces the Major League team, what AA team replaces the AAA team, what A team replaces the AA team, and what Midwest and South Atlantic team replaces the A team.

So. What does everyone think? Would it be difficult? Sure. But I don’t think it’s impossible.

Untitled-1.jpg

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it seems like a very big feat - it would be possible, but you'd got to be very dedicated. It's not something that particularly interests me, but if there are people out there who would want it, go for it, i guess.

I know what you mean. On the surface, it does look like a monumental feat. But, like I said, it's not impossible.

I could do the schedule (with some assistance from Hory, if he's available), and some other things.

I would be interested in something like this, and I know how to switch everything up. It would take a long time since you'd have to create a whole new set of players, and switching MLB to AAA, AAA to AA, etc, isn't a quick process either. There's a ton of good prospects on those low A teams that I would love to have in the game. I'll be paying attention to the planning process, that's for sure.

i LOVE the idea seeing as me and my buddy MudvayneRocker are both from peoria and have been trying to get somebody to create the peoria chiefs as we don't have the modding skills to make them

I'm originally from Peoria, also. That's one of the main reasons why I want to do this.

I would be interested in something like this, and I know how to switch everything up. It would take a long time since you'd have to create a whole new set of players, and switching MLB to AAA, AAA to AA, etc, isn't a quick process either. There's a ton of good prospects on those low A teams that I would love to have in the game. I'll be paying attention to the planning process, that's for sure.

Hopefully, enough people would be interested to do this. I honestly don't know how much work would be involved. I thought I'd throw it out there to see if it's even worth doing.

actually now that i think about this it would be kind of cool. No majors at all? That would be interesting.

Nope. No majors at all. I think it would be ideal for dynasties.

Look at it this way. You're in charge of getting your players ready to play in the majors.

I can't see this being extremely popular since most people could care less about the minor leagues, but it should draw interest from those that do. If you do get this off the ground, I could do all the portraits, logos, text changes, and roster. Uniforms would be a big part, but fortunately, only Low A unis would need to be made.

I can't see this being extremely popular since most people could care less about the minor leagues, but it should draw interest from those that do. If you do get this off the ground, I could do all the portraits, logos, text changes, and roster. Uniforms would be a big part, but fortunately, only Low A unis would need to be made.

I don't think it'd be very popular either but as far as I know, everything else has already been done. The stadiums would be a huge problem. We could just have the AAA teams play in the Major League stadiums instead of making new ones from scratch. Just an idea.

I don't think it'd be very popular either but as far as I know, everything else has already been done. The stadiums would be a huge problem. We could just have the AAA teams play in the Major League stadiums instead of making new ones from scratch. Just an idea.

but that would kind of take away from the feel - can't you just use different minor league stadiums already made, and disperse them throughout the teams?

well couldn't you just replace the alread-existing minor league stadiums with major league stadiums, then have those "major league" but really AAA teams play in their correct stadiums. if you get what i'm saying.

I don't think I do.

What I mean is, for example, Norfolk's home stadium would be Oriole Park, Pawtucket's would be Camden Yards, Charlotte's would be Cellular Field, etc.

http://www.mvpmods.com/Downloads/details/id=3166.html

it looks like 10 of the 30 stadiums are already done

Yea, but that still leaves 20 that need to be done. That doesn't include a majority of the AA stadiums and probably all of the A stadiums. I certainly don't have the talent for making stadiums, and this would be a huge endeavor for just one person.

well I assume AAA will be moved up the ML level

every one moved up one level, ML bumped off and low A added

so you would need 30 AAA stadiums and 9 generic (or maybe generic) AA-low A stadiums

I'll go through the downloads and see what stadiums are already made, and which ones are still needed. I know that there's a few AA stadiums in there also.

You might not need to alter the schedules to do this, if for example you moved the Iowa Cubs to MLB taking the Cubs slot they would simply play any "ChC" game in the schedule, if you moved the Smokies to AAA taking Iowa's slot, they would play any "Iow" game in the AAA schedule and so on..

One problem though, is if, for example, you move the Texas League teams up to AAA they will lose their league structure and have to be aligned in the PCL or International League.

You could possibly get around this by rewriting the entire schedule and juggling a few teams around, however you can't change the number of divisions and leagues at a particular level, so it would lose a little realism there.

You might not need to alter the schedules to do this, if for example you moved the Iowa Cubs to MLB taking the Cubs slot they would simply play any "ChC" game in the schedule, if you moved the Smokies to AAA taking Iowa's slot, they would play any "Iow" game in the AAA schedule and so on..

One problem though, is if, for example, you move the Texas League teams up to AAA they will lose their league structure and have to be aligned in the PCL or International League.

You could possibly get around this by rewriting the entire schedule and juggling a few teams around, however you can't change the number of divisions and leagues at a particular level, so it would lose a little realism there.

True. I'll have to see what I can come up with on this.

Archived