Total Minors Conversion

Dagger147

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've done some rearranging of the leagues for scheduling purposes. As you can tell, I moved some of the International League and Pacific Coast League teams around so that they match up with their MLB affiliate (all AL teams are in the International League and all NL teams are in the Pacific Coast League). The Texas League has been deleted from the AA and the teams have been somewhat evenly dispersed to ensure continuity with the current AAA structure. I still have some work to do on the low-A teams. Currently, there's 3 leagues in A-Advanced. There's only 2 leagues in low-A. These will need to be split into 3 leagues. If you have any suggestions on how to improve this structure, let me know.

International League (AAA)

Buffalo Bisons - Cleveland

Charlotte Knights - Chicago (AL)

Durham Bulls - Tampa Bay

Norfolk Tides - Baltimore

Oklahoma RedHawks - Texas

Omaha Royals - Kansas City

Pawtucket Red Sox - Boston

Rochester Red Wings - Minnesota

Sacramento River Cats - Oakland

Salt Lake Bees - Anaheim

Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Red Barons - New York (AL)

Syracuse SkyChiefs - Toronto

Tacoma Rainiers - Seattle

Toledo Mud Hens - Detroit

Pacific Coast League (AAA)

Albuquerque Isotopes - Florida

Colorado Springs Sky Sox - Colorado

Columbus Clippers - Washington

Fresno Grizzlies - San Francisco

Indianapolis Indians - Pittsburgh

Iowa Cubs - Chicago (NL)

Las Vegas 51s - Los Angeles

Louisville Bats - Cincinnati

Memphis Redbirds - St. Louis

Nashville Sounds - Milwaukee

New Orleans Zephyrs - New York (NL)

Ottawa Lynx - Philadelphia

Portland Beavers - San Diego

Round Rock Express - Houston

Richmond Braves - Atlanta

Tucson Sidewinders - Arizona

--------------------------------------------------

Eastern League (AA)

Akron Aeros - Cleveland

Altoona Curve - Pittsburgh

Arkansas Travelers - Anaheim

Binghamton Mets - New York (NL)

Bowie Baysox - Baltimore

Connecticut Defenders - San Francisco

Erie SeaWolves - Detroit

Frisco RoughRiders - Texas

Harrisburg Senators - Washington

New Britain Rock Cats - Minnesota

New Hampshire Fisher Cats - Toronto

Portland Sea Dogs - Boston

Reading Phillies - Philadelphia

Trenton Thunder - New York (AL)

Southern League (AA)

Birmingham Barons - Chicago (AL)

Carolina Mudcats - Florida

Chattanooga Lookouts - Cincinnati

Corpus Christi Hooks - Houston

Huntsville Stars - Milwaukee

Jacksonville Suns - Los Angeles

Midland RockHounds - Oakland

Mississippi Braves - Atlanta

Mobile BayBears - Arizona

Montgomery Biscuits - Tampa Bay

San Antonio Missions - San Diego

Springfield Cardinals - St. Louis

Tennessee Smokies - Chicago (NL)

Tulsa Drillers - Colorado

West Tennessee Diamond Jaxx - Seattle

Wichita Wranglers - Kansas City

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

California League (A - Advanced)

Bakersfield Blaze - Texas

High Desert Mavericks - Seattle

Lake Elsinore Storm - San Diego

Lancaster JetHawks - Boston

Modesto Nuts - Colorado

Rancho Cucamonga Quakes - Anaheim

San Bernardino Inland Empire 66ers - Los Angeles

San Jose Giants - San Francisco

Stockton Ports - Oakland

Visalia Oaks - Arizona

Carolina League (A - Advanced)

Frederick Keys - Baltimore

Kinston Indians - Cleveland

Lynchburg Hillcats - Pittsburgh

Myrtle Beach Pelicans - Atlanta

Potomac Nationals - Washington

Salem Avalanche - Houston

Wilmington Blue Rocks - Kansas City

Winston-Salem Warthogs - Chicago (AL)

Florida State League (A - Advanced)

Brevard County Manatees - Milwaukee

Clearwater Threshers - Philadelphia

Daytona Cubs - Chicago (NL)

Dunedin Blue Jays - Toronto

Fort Myers Miracle - Minnesota

Jupiter Hammerheads - Florida

Lakeland Flying Tigers - Detroit

Palm Beach Cardinals - St. Louis

St. Lucie Mets - New York (NL)

Sarasota Reds - Cincinnati

Tampa Yankees - New York (AL)

Vero Beach - Tampa Bay

Is removing the Texas league in game possible?

I'd really like to get started on this ASAP, as I've got nothing else to work on with this game. I update my roster a little bit each day, but that's about it. I could get a head start on the rosters and portraits for this if you wanted. We could just use my AAA-A rosters from my roster since they're updated through the end of the minor league season. milb.com should still have rosters of the low A teams in tact as well.

This project would also need some more people to help out. Maybe if someone wanted to make a couple cyberfaces (there will be tons of open slots after getting rid of major leaguers).

Regarding the stadium issue, I would just like to see the AAA teams play in their MLB affiliate's stadiums. There's no need to create all these new stadiums when the MLB stadiums are already made. I kind of like playing in the generic minor league stadiums, so creating no stadiums at all would be fine with me.

I haven't tried have no teams in a league yet, but no teams in a division crashes the game at the end of the season.

What I would suggest doing as a first step for this project, would be to do the replacement of High-A with Low-A as that would be a massive amount of work in itself and there seems to be a fair amount of interest from fans of various Low A clubs, for example I know 63impala was already working on some things like audio, portraits unis, etc for the Lowell Spinners.

Lowell's part of the NY Penn League, but I understand what you're saying. Creating the Low A teams would consist of 750 or so new players, along with their uniforms, portraits, player audio (not that important), team audio, and other things I'm missing.

As for moving every level "up" (AAA-MLB, etc), that'd be simple in the org.dat. None of the Low A teams have IDs, so could you just move the MLB IDs to the 4th slot and start from there?

I just mean that a mod with just the Low-A replacing High-A would probably be more popular than one which removed mlb entirely, I'm not saying don't do that if that's what you want to do, but the A replacement on it's own would be welcome by a great many players.

As for moving teams in org.dat I think that only works within levels, not between, you'd have to switch all the team unis and audios and chants around instead, I remember a guy raindelay was swapping Harrisburg for Tampa and a few other teams and that's what he had to do.

I'd really like to get started on this ASAP, as I've got nothing else to work on with this game. I update my roster a little bit each day, but that's about it. I could get a head start on the rosters and portraits for this if you wanted. We could just use my AAA-A rosters from my roster since they're updated through the end of the minor league season. milb.com should still have rosters of the low A teams in tact as well.

This project would also need some more people to help out. Maybe if someone wanted to make a couple cyberfaces (there will be tons of open slots after getting rid of major leaguers).

I didn't completely remove the Texas league. I just took the teams and mixed them in with the Eastern and Southern leagues.

The rosters would probably be the best place to start. Those will probably take awhile to get done.

Aren't there enough generic cyberfaces in the game already to use?

Regarding the stadium issue, I would just like to see the AAA teams play in their MLB affiliate's stadiums. There's no need to create all these new stadiums when the MLB stadiums are already made. I kind of like playing in the generic minor league stadiums, so creating no stadiums at all would be fine with me.

That's what I think too.

I haven't tried have no teams in a league yet, but no teams in a division crashes the game at the end of the season.

What I would suggest doing as a first step for this project, would be to do the replacement of High-A with Low-A as that would be a massive amount of work in itself and there seems to be a fair amount of interest from fans of various Low A clubs, for example I know 63impala was already working on some things like audio, portraits unis, etc for the Lowell Spinners.

Then it wouldn't be a Total Minors conversion. :smile:

But, that is an option if we find that the total conversion just isn't possible.

I just mean replacing the A teams as a first step, since it's going to be a lot of work just to move all the other teams up a level anyway.

And then once you've done that, move on and replace all the mlb teams etc.

Like what the Total Classics team did in their "Phase 1" was just replace 30 of the 120 teams.

The thing with projects like this while it's great to have a 'grand plan' I find it's better to make changes incrementally otherwise it just becomes too much.

I just mean replacing the A teams as a first step, since it's going to be a lot of work just to move all the other teams up a level anyway.

And then once you've done that, move on and replace all the mlb teams etc.

Like what the Total Classics team did in their "Phase 1" was just replace 30 of the 120 teams.

The thing with projects like this while it's great to have a 'grand plan' I find it's better to make changes incrementally otherwise it just becomes too much.

You definitely have a point. It would be easier just to replace the A-Advanced with the low A. But like I said in an earlier post, the A-Advanced has 3 leagues and the low A has 2. Those teams would need to be split up into 3 leagues, wouldn't they?

You definitely have a point. It would be easier just to replace the A-Advanced with the low A. But like I said in an earlier post, the A-Advanced has 3 leagues and the low A has 2. Those teams would need to be split up into 3 leagues, wouldn't they?

Yea, I think so, unfortunately :(

This is about the best I could come up with.

"Florida State League"

Beloit Snappers - Wisconsin

Burlington Bees - Iowa

Cedar Rapids Kernels - Iowa

Clinton Lumber Kings - Iowa

Great Lakes Loons - Michigan

Kane County Cougars - Illinois

Lansing Lugnuts - Michigan

Peoria Chiefs - Illinois

Quad Cities Swing - Iowa

South Bend Silver Hawks - Indiana

West Michigan Whitecaps - Michigan

Wisconsin Timber Rattlers - Wisconsin

"California League"

Asheville Tourists - N. Carolina

Augusta GreenJackets - Georgia

Charleston Riverdogs - S. Carolina

Columbus Catfish - Georgia

Greensboro Grasshoppers - N. Carolina

Greenville Drive - S. Carolina

Hickory Crawdads - N. Carolina

Kannapolis Intimidators - N. Carolina

Rome Braves - Georgia

Savannah Sand Gnats - Georgia

"Carolina League'

Dayton Dragons - Ohio

Delmarva Shorebirds - Maryland

Fort Wayne Wizards - Indiana

Hagerstown Suns - Maryland

Lake County Captains - Ohio

Lakewood Blue Claws - New Jersey

Lexington Legends - Kentucky

West Virginia Power - West Virginia

I guess I don't understand why you'd have to replace the High A teams first. Unless I'm missing something, both High A and Low A teams are supposed to be included, right?

On a side note, I could finish all the Low A 64x32 logos tonight. I'll post a preview later on.

I guess I don't understand why you'd have to replace the High A teams first. Unless I'm missing something, both High A and Low A teams are supposed to be included, right?

On a side note, I could finish all the Low A 64x32 logos tonight. I'll post a preview later on.

Yes, they are. But don't you think it would easier to do this in increments?

We'll replace High A teams with the Low A first and release that conversion. Then, if there's enough interest, we'll replace the AA with the High A in another conversion which will also include the first conversion. Then we'll replace the AAA with the AA and release that conversion with the other 2. And then replace the MLB with AAA. That would then make it a complete conversion. Hopefully, that's what Hory was referring to.

That's some quick work! You must be the PS wizard!

I just suggested replace Low-A first, since that would be adding something new to the game, and would take the most work in terms of new logos, unis etc

Just if you do the AAA with MLB replacement first then wouldn't there be duplicate teams at two levels since you wouldn't have done Low A at that point?

I trust Hory's opinion because he's done this sort of thing before with 1994, but wouldn't it make more sense to do AAA-MLB first, and so on, and add Low A last? But if you guys feel replacing High A first is the best way to go, I'm all for it.

That's why I figured what he said made sense. It seems to me, that doing it the way you said should be somewhat easier. All of the portraits and cyberfaces are already done. Not to mention that the audio and rosters are also completed. That probably would be the best route to go.

Now we have to decide if we want them to play in their MLB affiliate's stadiums or use the ones bodhiball made. I vote for the MLB stadiums. Not to take away from his excellent stadiums, I just think it would be pretty cool to see the AAA in major league parks.

I just suggested replace Low-A first, since that would be adding something new to the game, and would take the most work in terms of new logos, unis etc

Just if you do the AAA with MLB replacement first then wouldn't there be duplicate teams at two levels since you wouldn't have done Low A at that point?

That's true, it wouldn't make much sense to have duplicate teams. Man! It's tough to decide which way to go.

Archived