Who are you? Introduce yourself to the community.

HFLR

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I go by RaptorQuiz. "Quiz," because it is part of my last name, and has been my nick-name in "real people land" for years. "Raptor" because I am actually a pack-hunting, flesh-eating, fear-inducing Velociraptor dinosaur.

In addition to being a long-extinct hunting beast... I am 26 years old, graduated from Truman State University, and can't seem to get a "big-boy job" to save my life.

Touche Mr. Raptor.

Nah, it's in Media Relations. Not MLB - but you gotta start somewheres. :D

EDIT: (but there is a little bit of writing involved. better dig out my MLA handbook)

Wow that's really exciting! Congratulations! I'd love to get a job somewhere in baseball. I was recently contacted by a staff-member of the St. Louis Post Dispatch about a position he wanted to reccomend me for at MLB.com (writing) - I'm pursuing it, but I'm pretty sure there will be many, many other applicants whose qualifications blow me out of the water.

Hey - there's always hope, though. :)

Wow that's really exciting! Congratulations! I'd love to get a job somewhere in baseball. I was recently contacted by a staff-member of the St. Louis Post Dispatch about a position he wanted to reccomend me for at MLB.com (writing) - I'm pursuing it, but I'm pretty sure there will be many, many other applicants whose qualifications blow me out of the water.

Hey - there's always hope, though. :)

That's right - gotta keep the faith and whatnot :D

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

the name is Tommy. tommywombat is a nickname I have had since middle school. Someone said I looked like a wombat. Haha. I'm 19, going to be twenty on the 25th of Jan. I love baseball, I play in some competive leagues, probably could play junior college but I don't have the determination to do sports and college and work. I work at McDonalds. I attend Grand Valley State University to pursue a career in the medical field. I'm a lyricist and love music, just about any kind of music. Umm...anything else lol. I'm bored.

• 2 weeks later...

My screen name is the name of my tabletop baseball league that I've been commissioner of since 1989. We're up to 30 teams now and use Diamond Mind Baseball now, as too many of us are older and have families and other priorities while not having time to play Pursue the Pennant-type games anymore.

I love the site and am looking forward to pitchers and catchers reporting in less than 5 weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

Joined the site when MVP first came out, I played it strictly on the PS2 and Xbox. I ended up selling both systems when I upgraded to a 360, now I'm in the process of tracking down MVP for the PC so I can enjoy some of the great mods that you guys have put out. Great community, glad to be aboard.

Hi my name is Robert and I am 30 yrs old and new to this site but not new to MVP Baseball. I used to play MVP 05 for the XBOX nonstop and really loved the game. The PC version was just recommended to me so i am just now getting into the PC side of it all and learning. I have to say this is a great site for baseball in general. I am a hardcore NY Mets fan and have been following them since the mid 80's when i was a kid. Seems like a great community and hopefully I will be able to contribute to the site in the future

• 2 weeks later...

This is my first post. I will be 50 this year and I am a high school coach. I am a former High Heat Baseball addict, I did all of the High Heat sites in those days. I noticed a lot of the same peoples nicknames on the sim central site had purchased MVP and were happy with it so I purchased MVP 05. I just started downloading some of the stadiums and uniforms wow are they great. There are some great modders on here. Just glad to be aboard. Just our of curiosity how many of you used to do High Heat?

A lot of the old High Heat crew are around here. Trues, myself, Yankee4Life, The Big O, Hory, Pirate...the list goes on. :) A lot of guys who were around are also members here, but don't post much. If they're not here, there's a good chance you'll see them around at ThePerfectGame.net.

Welcome aboard! :)