WIP - Every White Sox Uniform Ever

fizzjob

...this project may or may not ever reach completion, so I'll probably release what I complete in bits and pieces. I'm doing this in chronological order, so here goes nothin'!

1901!

mvp200520070114222752lr9.jpgmvp200520070114222809dn1.jpg

Technically, this uniform comes with letters and numbers (the same ones I used for the 1978 jerseys, only colored maroon to match the C), but the slot doesn't show 'em anyways.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadly, the shorts might not be do-able because of the player models - I think that if I tried to make part of the pants transparent, the players' knees would be invisible. Thankfully, I have some 75 or so years to worry about that. ;)

filthy. absolutely filthy. great work and i'm really looking forward to these. and yes about the shorts. i've tried making parts of the uniforms transparent with alpha images, and the result is the invisible man on all parts covered by the uniform except the hat.

well that was a major crash city. nothing. must need to know more than i do.

well, i had 12, tried to add a 13th. made one called u002q, f002q, and made the portrait and edited the index. installed with the installer thingy,...crash at the select screen.

I don't know if it's the lighting angle or not, but the left sleeve looks to be a tad bit lighter than the rest of the jersey.

Yeah, that's just the lighting angle - if you look at the 1902 roads, it's the same jersey components...the only differences between '02 and '03 are the socks and cap piping.

And here are some more - not too much differentiates these aside from the "C"...

sox1904homewi9.jpgsox1904road5wl.jpg

The roads get used, unchanged as far as I can tell, through 1911 - except for 1907, when the Sox sported a sleeve patch celebrating their 1906 World Series (if anybody has a decent picture of it, please let me know).

1905, 1906-7 Home

sox1905homeba3.jpgsox1906homelv9.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, back on the horse.

I mocked up a 1907 World Champion sleeve patch based on a hat I found on Google. I doubt this is what the patch really looked like, but it'll do. It's better than nothing, anyways...

1907roadsfe8.jpg

1908 Home:

1908homemb0.jpg

1909 Home:

1909homecf2.jpg

...and rounding out the first decade for the South Siders, 1910 Home and Alternate:

1910homezy5.jpg1910altgx3.jpg

...the 1910 home featured a "cadet" collar, which I haven't been able to successfully replicate - I also don't have a clear shot of the collar insigna, so I shrunk the circa-1912 "SOX" logo way the heck down and put it in about the right place. I think that works fairly well...if anybody can give me an assist with the cadet collar, I'd appreciate it.

And the hits keep coming!

In 1912, the Sox introduced one of their classic logos, with the large S with the smaller O and X inside it. The roads remained unchanged, except for the introduction of a black belt, replacing the white belt they had worn since 1902:

1912homehp9.jpg1912roadej4.jpg

1913, when the road caps changed to blue:

1913roadpg0.jpg

And 1914, the home uniforms lost the epilettes on the collar, and they sported pinstriped hats. The roads gained the epilettes, and the hats added some white piping:

1914homebs4.jpg1914roadrk9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

In 1915 on the road uniforms, a thin white stripe was added to the sleeve, and the white uniform buttons went away.

1915roadun2.jpg

1916 marked the end of the line for the blue road set. The white piping was removed, the white buttons came back, and the cap was a solid blue. A grey set (exactly the same as the home uniforms, except for the grey base color) was introduced.

1916road1nt1.jpg1916road2nz3.jpg

1917 would mark the last time the Sox would win a World Series until 2005. The main home and roads were much like the 1916 set, except with some added piping and an American flag patch, to support the ongoing effort in WWI.

1917homemn9.jpg1917roaddt5.jpg

There was also a blue road set which was, essentially, an inverted home set. This one's not too easy on the eyes, but hey...

1917roadbluexa5.jpg

For the 1917 World Series, the Sox introduced a star-spangled, red-white-and-blue extravaganza (I need to work on the cap's alternating red & blue striping a bit). I've also seen pictures of this uniform being worn with a blue cap with white piping, but I'm not sure what the circumstances of those is. A version of this set would return in 2001 as a "Sunday Special" home jersey.

1917worldseriesuu7.jpg

Archived