Modding Questions? Ask Them Here.

giantjeff

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So do you think I should learn programming first or Photoshop first?

I won't be really able to contribute with programming here...

Photoshop will have a fastest impact here with mods, but do not give up on programming. Only one active person programs here and that is TY. Fuzz can program but he is not around much, Rglass is the MVPedit guy but does not have time to make other utilities. And I'm just a Hack but I hope to get better.

Photoshop will have a fastest impact here with mods, but do not give up on programming. Only one active person programs here and that is TY. Fuzz can program but he is not around much, Rglass is the MVPedit guy but does not have time to make other utilities. And I'm just a Hack but I hope to get better.

But I should still learn vb.net before visual C++, right?

Since I'm a beginner, which "basics" tutorial(s) do u think I should start with?

And how would I know when I actually know enough Photoshop to make mods here? Like what do I need to know to mod faces, and other mods?

(What mods here require lots of Photoshop?)

You could always grab the tutorials found in the downloads section (regarding cyberfaces, stadiums, portraits) and go from there. Those tutorials are pretty good at explaining things and will provide you with a great start. This would also be great since you are thinking about learning Photoshop first (cyberfaces and portraits require some sort of picture editing software and photoshop is probably the best).

You could always grab the tutorials found in the downloads section (regarding cyberfaces, stadiums, portraits) and go from there. Those tutorials are pretty good at explaining things and will provide you with a great start. This would also be great since you are thinking about learning Photoshop first (cyberfaces and portraits require some sort of picture editing software and photoshop is probably the best).

Why must I edit faces...shouldn't I just copy and paste, or something like that? What is there to edit?

In schedule.big, there are 9 different dat files. why are there 3 different dat files for mlb? what does it mean?

Also, how come the mlb dat files have like a million lines of pure commas at the end of the file? What do those do?

What do the three different mlb schedule files stand for?

(And how do I write to a file in C++...)

I think I'm a lot better at PHP than C++...and if I could generate it in PHP, that would be cool...but I wouldn't be able to save it as a file.

In schedule.big, there are 9 different dat files. why are there 3 different dat files for mlb? what does it mean?

Also, how come the mlb dat files have like a million lines of pure commas at the end of the file? What do those do?

What do the three different mlb schedule files stand for?

(And how do I write to a file in C++...)

I think I'm a lot better at PHP than C++...and if I could generate it in PHP, that would be cool...but I wouldn't be able to save it as a file.

i suggest you pm hory because he is the one who has fixed the schedules for each season

actually it seems easy when explained but you do need to know photoshop to do it.

Why?

C++ files are writable by using a C++ compiler (which is basically the answer for any language you may ask for) or you can open up notepad and save the file as "all files" with the extension of ".cpp".

No, I want to know the C++ code to write to another file (like txt or dat file)

Why?

How else would you know how to create an alpha file, have a greyscale image, edit the picture etc... You kinda need to know how to use Photoshop to do all those things (if you plan creating portraits). You probably need to know a lot more if you are planning on creating cyberfaces. You would also need a lot of practice to achieve results like what Jogar provides us with in his cyberfaces.

C++ files are writable by using a C++ compiler (which is basically the answer for any language you may ask for) or you can open up notepad and save the file as "all files" with the extension of ".cpp".

How else would you know how to create an alpha file, have a greyscale image, edit the picture etc... You kinda need to know how to use Photoshop to do all those things (if you plan creating portraits). You probably need to know a lot more if you are planning on creating cyberfaces. You would also need a lot of practice to achieve results like what Jogar provides us with in his cyberfaces.

http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/files.html

Jesus, man! I've never even seen C++ before, yet I spent 30 seconds searching on Google, and I got 3 results showing me exactly how to write to a file using C++.

I should google more before I ask a question here...

Yes, you should. In fact, I'd recommend searching Google before asking any question unrelated to MVP here.

Do teams play exactly 82 games before the All-Star break? (I'm trying to make a balanced schedule generator)...

and also, if I make a balanced schedule generator, do you think anybody would mind if I made every single game alternate between 1:30 pm one day and 7:30 the next day?

(Or the same time every day?)

Also, if I don't know how to make it so that games against the same teams are grouped together, do you think anybody would mind?

Do teams play exactly 82 games before the All-Star break? (I'm trying to make a balanced schedule generator)...

and also, if I make a balanced schedule generator, do you think anybody would mind if I made every single game alternate between 1:30 pm one day and 7:30 the next day?

(Or the same time every day?)

Also, if I don't know how to make it so that games against the same teams are grouped together, do you think anybody would mind?

No, but I suppose you could make them play exactly 82 games before, also I'd suggest 81 to balance it out. I wouldn't like the same time every day nor the rotating thing. Write a random generator function, that's like 5 minutes, and if not, then I don't know what to tell you.