Modding Questions? Ask Them Here.

giantjeff

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am attempting to create the 1986 Red Sox road uniform. However, I have discovered that depending what slot (uxxx.fsh) number I place the newly made uniform in, it automatically adds the players' names, and/or, the jersey number to the front. Is there a way to turn that off? I realize that if I place it in a uniform slot that does not have the player name on the back, and number on the front that this solves the problem. However, I want to add this Jersey to the Rockies slot (u015.fsh).

Hi, I Want to ask a question, I installed the ESPN 07-v13 overlay "great work" but i want to add the same logos to the minors and i created the logos but i don't know how modify the ingame.big for the game not crash, can anyone tell or send me a tutorial how to modify the ingame.big to install the new logos i made?

I wanted to ask a question. So I'm playing MVP 05 but here the thing that really bothers me. First of all, when I play the game, it seems a little choppy, the graphics I mean. The players look really bright, their images almost ghost like. Like the uniforms would look white, bright white. I'm not sure what the problem is really. I have Madden 06 and 07 which require better graphics than MVP 05, and those games run way better than MVP 05. Is there anything I can do here to fix it. I believe that all of my settings are set to the lowest resolution, but I'm not sure if that helps though. If anyone needs more info on this I'll be happy to add more on to this.

2nd thing that's kind of a problem is well batting. I play on pro with the sliders tweaked, but I can't seem to have high scoring games. Like there are games where I should be able to beat up on the opposing pitcher, but it has happened only once since I've started playing. I want to go up to the All-Pro level but I'm thinking I'll get my butt whooped. I need some good sliders that help weak hitters. Yeah I have a hard time getting the ball in play. It seems like I ground out a lot, or just pop up. Sorry for the long post, but I thought I'd put these out there. Help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance to all who are willing to help. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I've got a question. I installed the 07 mod and got a datafile mod in the mvp datafile folder. Now my question is, how do I get the results I want lol? I know it might sound silly, but I've been playing the game and I can't seem to strike out any batters. Should I increase the + number in the User Pitch Meter Difficult and lower the user pitching difficulty? Any help is greatly appreciated. Also, how the heck do you hit home runs. I've been trying to play the game all evening tonight but i was unsuccessful. Do I have to aim up all the time for it or? Thanks for the help to anyone who can point me in the right direction.

Anyone going to try to help me out here plz?

no idea as to the answer for your question, but be a bit more patient. People will get back to you but it takes a bit around here, people don't 'live' here like some other message boards

Please help me instal alltime roster
This is not really a mod question, more of a general FAQ question

But anyway

download and install MVPedit

start MVPedit

Click OPEN

find and select the MBE file

once loaded

click EXPORT

in the box that popped open find your datadatabase folder

Click OK

Say yes to over writing files

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I have a question concerning changing the fielding view (broadcast) from the 2007 Total conversion back to the original 2005 version. I love everything about the new version of MVP, with the one exception of this camera angle. Would anyone happen to know the values of this camera angle so that I could alter it in the datafile?

Any help on this would be incredible, thanks.

MM

Hello, I have a question concerning changing the fielding view (broadcast) from the 2007 Total conversion back to the original 2005 version. I love everything about the new version of MVP, with the one exception of this camera angle. Would anyone happen to know the values of this camera angle so that I could alter it in the datafile?

Any help on this would be incredible, thanks.

MM

You can get to the 05 datafile.txt if you extract it from the datafile.big off the original MVP CD. All the values you need will be there. Use BigGui to open the datafile.big and export the datafile.txt that is inside it.

The FAQ thread will be of help to you also: http://www.mvpmods.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=12410.html

Whoops, looks I celebrated too early, though Maestro23's advice put me on the correct path. For some reason the game crashes when I attempt to load it now.

I extracted the datafile.txt from the datafile.big file on the MVP CD using Biggui, and then copied the six lines for "fieldingview" from the old MVP 2005 datafile. I then replaced those lines in the MVP 2007 datafile with the copied MVP 2005 "fieldingview" lines and saved the file.

Next I imported the newly edited datafile into biggui (which was loaded with the MVP 2007 datafile.big file) and replaced the existing datafile with my new one. I then clicked rebuild and closed out the program. At this point I tried to start MVP 2007 and the program crashes trying to load.

If anyone can see where I've made a mistake based on this limited description, I'd appreciate any light you might shed.

Whoops, looks I celebrated too early, though Maestro23's advice put me on the correct path. For some reason the game crashes when I attempt to load it now.

I extracted the datafile.txt from the datafile.big file on the MVP CD using Biggui, and then copied the six lines for "fieldingview" from the old MVP 2005 datafile. I then replaced those lines in the MVP 2007 datafile with the copied MVP 2005 "fieldingview" lines and saved the file.

Next I imported the newly edited datafile into biggui (which was loaded with the MVP 2007 datafile.big file) and replaced the existing datafile with my new one. I then clicked rebuild and closed out the program. At this point I tried to start MVP 2007 and the program crashes trying to load.

If anyone can see where I've made a mistake based on this limited description, I'd appreciate any light you might shed.

Once you imported the edited datafile.txt back into the datafile.big, did you compress the datafile.txt again before you rebuilt the datafile.big?

i have hadlock field and pnc field replacing my aa01 and aaa03 stadiums. how would i go about making a .fsh file for the screen selection for them

those screens are in the frontend folder, in the stadiums.big file. just open it up with eagraph to figure out which one you need to replace. extract it, unpack it with nfshtool, and then open up the bmp with photoshop. just paste in the picture you really want, resize it and move it around or what not to make it fit and save it. then repack it with nfshtool and install. TiT should handle it for ya.