Modding Questions? Ask Them Here.

giantjeff

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone Know where the .o .orl .ord or whatever the 3d mesh/model/wire frame files for the hat, body, legs, sleeves, arms ect is and how to extract it?

You mean hibody.ord and hibody.orl

You can find hibody.ord in the Initstaz.big file. Opening that file leaves you with another.big file inside it called Initstay.big. Hibody.ord is in there.

You can find hibody.orl in the Initprgz.big file. Opening that file leaves you with another .big file inside it called Initpurge.big. Hibody.orl is in there.

Both Init*.big files are in your Data folder.

I know that its close to impossible to add numbers to a jersey if that particular jersey slot doesn't display numbers. But would it be possible to not display the numbers at all in a slot that displays numbers?

Would replacing the font file for the particular slot with just the jersey colors do the trick?

Also, if numbers cannot be added into a slot, I am guessing player names cannot be added as well? Thanks to anyone for the help. Take care.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question concerning logo modding.

I've installed different Brewers logos into the logos.big file, but there's a problem. A couple of the logos are kind of splotchy - there are small patches of black (or some dark color) that show through the logo. I don't know if it's some kind of problem with the colors, or just the way I made them...I was unfamiliar with making the logos for the logos.big file, and just emulated the ones I extracted, as far as style and size.

Anyone know why this may be happening?

ew.jpg

ew2.jpg

See the small black spots? They show up small here but it's obvious in the first one, and you can see it on the thumb of the second logo.

I did consider the alpha problem, but I did redo them a few times and the other types of logos work just fine, that's why I'm not sure what's wrong. Maybe the file type is wrong? They're all BMPs, should they be JPGs or GIFs?

Thanks for the quick responses!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was just wondering if anyone could give me instructions on how to create cyberfaces for MVP Baseball 2004. I know there are instructions on this site for how to create MVP 05 cyberfaces, but I don't know if it's the same for MVP 04, and I don't want to waste my time testing it to find out. Any advice would be appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm trying to change the color of the New Orleans Zephyrs road jersey from green to the standard gray to match their road pants. I have no experience modding and am looking to try to get this jersey changed. Can anyone help me with this, either by uploading a file with the modded jersey or explaining how to change the color of the jersey? Thanks for your help.

I'm trying to change the color of the New Orleans Zephyrs road jersey from green to the standard gray to match their road pants. I have no experience modding and am looking to try to get this jersey changed. Can anyone help me with this, either by uploading a file with the modded jersey or explaining how to change the color of the jersey? Thanks for your help.

Use KC's templates to change the color.

ew.jpg

ew2.jpg

See the small black spots? They show up small here but it's obvious in the first one, and you can see it on the thumb of the second logo.

I did consider the alpha problem, but I did redo them a few times and the other types of logos work just fine, that's why I'm not sure what's wrong. Maybe the file type is wrong? They're all BMPs, should they be JPGs or GIFs?

Thanks for the quick responses!

it is because logos uses DXT compression

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S3_Texture_Compression