Modding Questions? Ask Them Here.

giantjeff

Trying to make myself as a cyberface. Read and watched all of the tutorials (and read alot of threads!) and got a fairly good understanding of everything. Anyway, I can make a face texture in Photoshop but I can't view it in OEdit. I load the ORL, ORD files into OEdit and I can see the wire structure of the head but the lower right hand view (with the head model and the texture wrapped around it) has the head as a solid black model (even when I add the face texture to the model). I know Vista and OEdit don't mix and I did get the Vista fix. Am I still gonna have trouble because I'm using Vista?

I see that in MVPEdit you can replace the FSH, ORD and ORL right there in the program. Could I simply assign myself a player ID that I don't care about, change the face texture in MVPEdit with my created one and assign appropriate ORD, ORL files to my created player? OEdit is so intimidating and it would be great if I could avoid it (I realize I'd have to get a great match in the ORD ORL files to make the cyberface look normal).

Any help would be appreciated. I'm new to this and feel I've done my homework, you guys have provided so much info already! I just want to see how much I could do for myself.

Thanks!

Edited by BUNewski

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, you will have trouble with oedit and vista. just how it is. it's pretty much the single one reason i've stuck with xp. the only way to fix it is to get the author of it to update it. but he hasn't done so.

i don't know about install faces through mvpedit, but yes you can simply assign the number you want there. from there, i would just zip up the cyberface files and install them with Tit. it's as easy as it gets.

Thanks for the quick reply! I zipped and installed with TiT yesterday and the game crashed when I viewed myself in the game, so I must have done soemthing wrong. I was partially trying to rule out where I might have gone wrong. I'm definitely going to try some more things tonight - replace what I messed up when I used TiT and try to simply my first attempts at a cyberface.

This stuff is pretty difficult but I actually feel like I could do it after seeing all of the support info you guys have posted.

I do have my portrait in the game, so that's a nice start!

Got my cyberface in the game! Had the "missing texture" (metal bin / name) issue after I got it to stop crashing. The "Search Topic" feature helped quite a bit. There's so many places where you can go wrong especially if you don't know exactly what you're doing. Now I'm working on fixing the face texture up and finding a good ORD/ORL match, and then it's on to audio modding. This is awesome!

Edited by BUNewski

Got my cyberface in the game! Had the "missing texture" (metal bin / name) issue after I got it to stop crashing. The "Search Topic" feature helped quite a bit. There's so many places where you can go wrong especially if you don't know exactly what you're doing. Now I'm working on fixing the face texture up and finding a good ORD/ORL match, and then it's on to audio modding. This is awesome!

Good deal man. Sounds like you're learning & having fun. ;)

yeah markB's faq list and xiberger's mvp for dummies thread are great places to start. but for cyberfaces, don't forget to read the text file that came with my tutorial. it explains alot more about cyberfaces, especially the issue you ran into. but glad you were able to find it in the forums. i never could find it when i needed it, so i decided to put it all in my tutorial.

The stuff you modders have made, discovered, organized and explained for us newbs is amazing! Thanks!

I rarely post, usually just read and read threads, so I see alot of people asking things that were already explained. I try to make it a habit not to post / ask questions until I've read enough.

I've seen plenty of people's patience tested with redundant questions, lack of respect or lack of appreciation.

Ha! :lol: I'm pretty sure any 300 players I do would be retired by the time I complete them! But that hasn't stopped you guys and your TC mods, etc.

I guess I could use the practice considering my current cyberface makes my fiance uncomfortable because I kinda look like a Thundercat in the game (which was not my intention, just crappy blending / poor ORD/ORL match). :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey folks:

I'm trying to create a modify my datafile, but am coming up lost. I've looked at both the wonderful Datafile Editing Spreadsheets, and they've been helpful, but I can't seem to find a value for changing the frequency of the number of balls (pitches thrown outside the zone).

Is there are a value? or is my search futile and an endless goose chase? If anyone can help, thanks in advance!

You know there's a slider for that, right? It has an effective impact on balls for sure.

Haha yep, I know there's a slider for it. I think that editing it in the datafile, if there is a corresponding value, would give more of an accurate impact.

Like for example:

BallSpeedMaxMod_BatterPower is the speed the ball comes off the bat. The default factor is set to 1.15. That means a pitch that is thrown at 100 mph, would hit off that bat maximally at 115 mph.

I know that approximately 37% of pitches are balls, so I want to reflect that in the datafile. :)

I was researching on plate patience stats, and these are the raw numbers I collected in the 2008 season, from B-R splits and FanGraphs:

- There were 714,136 pitches last year. 267,457 were called balls, and 446,679 strikes.

- According to FanGraphs data, 364,574 of them were in the strike zone. That's 51.1% of pitches are thrown in the strike zone (doesn't mean they were aimed there,) meaning 349,562 were out of zone.

- Of the 364,574 pitches were in the strike zone, hitters swung at 238,575 of them. That's 65.4%, so 34.6% of pitches in the strike zone were taken.

- The pitches that were out of the strike zone... 349,562... Batters swung at them 88,940 of them, or 25.4%. That's how often they chase.

- With pitches in the strike zone, they made contact 209,595 times, or 87.9% of the time.

- With pitches outside the strike zone, they made contact 54,885 times, or 61.7%.

- There were 131,854 PA where the ball went in play (3,697 of them foul), and 4867 HR (which aren't considered in play. IHR are counted in the balls in play.) This means 133,027 of the balls hit were fair and in play.

- Because contact was made 264,480 times, that means 131,453 of all ball in which contact are made are foul, or 49.7%.

If someone wants to make use of this info, feel free.

Patsen, this information is great, but please try to stay on topic. This topic is for Modding Questions, not Plate Patience Stats...

• 2 weeks later...

You cannot add numbers to an uniform if it didn't have it to begin with it. You can however blank out the alphas to remove the text or the numbers.

that's correct but I'm meant the uniform slots that are empty to begin with or the uniforms that did not exist.

That should be no problem then. Though it seems like the total number of uniform slots varies with each team. Homer spent sometime investigating this and from what I remember, some teams can't have more than 13-14 uniforms whereas certain teams are able to have up to 15 uniforms.

In any case, you will need to install the uniform file, the font file, and the uniform portrait for the newly added uniform to work properly.