Modding Questions? Ask Them Here.

giantjeff

player portrait tutorial. pics are jpg? bitmap? 16 color, 256, 24 - bit? GIF? PING?

How big 125 x 125, 256 x 256?

Do I have to go into Photoshop and clear the background?

The guys did a tremendous job on the 1969 classic!

I'm supposed to be studying for an insurance test, and I keep taking breaks to go to the game.

What I would like to do is fill the AAA, AA,and A rosters with actual players from the 1969 season.

To do so I would like to also have their protraits included, I can find the pics, I just need the

info to incorporate them into the game

Have you checked the Portraits section of the MVP2005 for Dummies Guide: http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?showtopic=33903&view=&hl=MVP%20for%20Dummies&fromsearch=1

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you checked the Portraits section of the MVP2005 for Dummies Guide: http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?showtopic=33903&view=&hl=MVP%20for%20Dummies&fromsearch=1

Maestro23, Thanks for the info. That's why I am considered a "Rookie"

I typed in portrait tutorial, pics tutorial in the search box, and looked at alot of modding subjects.

Once again thanks for the directions. -tgrant81

• 1 month later...

Anyone know which file needs to be edited for turning off stadium crowd shadows and also to add light glow effects for classic day stadiums on coversion to night stadiums?

I know the night glow effects are in the cram32.fsh and are adjusted on or off with alpha bitmaps for the classic night versions to day versions (glow off), but classic day versions don't appear to have this feature to (glow on). Which file would need a mapping or pointer, to a glow bitmap/alpha if added to the cram32.fsh?

The crowd shadowing can also be adjusted on/off somewhat in the cram32.fsh, but there appears to be more to it, is that correct?

If in the Oedit tool how does one tell which cram32.fsh bitmap is associated to which part in Oedit?

Thanks for any help and I've tried many searches for these topics, but found nothing very specific to these issues.

• 9 months later...

Where do i go to download the 08 Total conversion Mod and TIT?

Your last question in this thread was this:

I'm trying to download the 08 Total Conversion Mod from MLBmods. When I try to open the TIT folder through 7z, a window comes up asking for a password. What would be the password for TIT?

And now you ask where to download the 08 conversion mod? What happened? You forget what you were doing?

The answer to both of your questions is Mlbmods. That is where you get the 08 mod and TiT.

Your last question in this thread was this:

And now you ask where to download the 08 conversion mod? What happened? You forget what you were doing?

The answer to both of your questions is Mlbmods. That is where you get the 08 mod and TiT.

Thanks

Not sure if I'm in the right forum for this question, so feel free to move it if it's not pertinent. Tried searching for this but couldn't come up with a definitive answer.

Simply put, is there a simple way to transfer player ratings from one roster to another? So if, for example, I like the ratings on one roster but the other one is more readily compatible (in regards to cyberfaces, portraits, etc.), or if one is MLB-centric and the other has more complete minor ratings, is there a better way than having two MVPedit screens open and basically murdering away at my numpad? If that's the case, so be it, but I thought I'd check before I embark on anything.

Not sure if I'm in the right forum for this question, so feel free to move it if it's not pertinent. Tried searching for this but couldn't come up with a definitive answer.

Simply put, is there a simple way to transfer player ratings from one roster to another? So if, for example, I like the ratings on one roster but the other one is more readily compatible (in regards to cyberfaces, portraits, etc.), or if one is MLB-centric and the other has more complete minor ratings, is there a better way than having two MVPedit screens open and basically murdering away at my numpad? If that's the case, so be it, but I thought I'd check before I embark on anything.

You could possibly export the player from one roster using the File->Export command and them import him into the other roster using the File->Import command, however, you'd get ALL the information for the player and not just the ratings.

In my experience, I've never really had much luck with importing and exporting individual players. It could be just me, however. I'd more likely use the brute force method you described with the two MVPEdit screens open at the same time.

Yeah, that's what I figured. As I said, I've had much more luck getting one of the rosters to work with my game in regards to cyberfaces and not having the dark-black-face-pasty-white-arms combo and such, but I like the ratings on the other, less compatible one much better -- so exporting and importing would basically defeat the purpose. Thanks for the quick response.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a real difficult time importing a created logo to replace the Phillies' single-A team (Clearwater Threshers); I suspect my biggest issue maybe the alpha, but I'm not sure. the game crashes (after importing the modded fsh file using Biggui then compressing and rebuilding) at the loading screen before the 'Click to Start' screen. Can somebody tell me if these BMPs are the issue when trying to import into Frontend/Logos.big using FSH editor? The actual BMP files are uploaded in this post as well.

0006-a.jpg

a116.jpg

0006-a.bmp

0006-a.bmp

After extracting the BMP images and alphas using nFSH, and then renaming the new files exactly as the ones I am replacing is where I am having problems. Both are named and sized correctly for l116 and l116-a.bmp (128x128); The logo BMP is RGB mode, 24 bit; the Alpha (I think I made) is 8 bit (grayscale) using Photoshop CS4; I am having a hard time trying to successfully import the modded folder back into the l116.fsh using FSH; It keeps telling me no alpha image files found in the dos-box after clicking on Index. I've also tried importing them via FSHed after numerous failures with FSH tool, that imported the logo, but not the Alpha (I think), since I managed to get just a blank white box at the team select screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Is it the photoshop process of perhaps saving the new logo (with the transparent background) or the alpha image as a wrong format? Thanks again.

Hey kjuggs,

I know exactly what you are going through with creating alpha files and logos. I actually had a lot of problems last year when I started on making them. Anyway, my best recommendation to have a headache-free install of logos is to install with TiT. I have never been able to install logos I’ve made with BigGui or EAGRAPH<always crashes>…only TiT has done it correctly.

If you want, I whipped these up for you and the folder with my files is in the ZIP. You can install these logos into your game with TiT and they will go into slot 116 (Clearwater) for you. It looks like you are doing the alpha files just fine in PhotoShop so I bet it is the installation method. Use TiT…it will work perfectly.

Let me know how it works out for you.

mvp20052011-06-2220-17-36-60.jpg

Lakewood BlueClaws Logos.zip

Dennis, I really appreciate the effort and time you took you took to make these... I hadn't considered putting them via TiT, since I was convinced that the Fsh I was creating was no good yet. I'm sure these will work perfectly. Thanks again!

*They work perfectly! I am working the torfs/jersey previews and uniforms for the them now. Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys, i finally bought MVP 05 off of ebay and I was wondering what big files do u guys suggest me to download to start the ''extreme makeover'' to make my game up to date...I would really appreciate this help to get started and I could then follow the updates on this tremendous site...sincerely yours, joe!

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for all help so far with my questions, but i have one more. I have the MVP07 mod, and i want to install new rosters, jerseys etc. stuff. I know where i find them, but what do i need that the game works 100%?

• 1 month later...

Hi All. Just installed MVP 08 and having it working properly as far as I can tell. There are a few 2011 roster updates available and before I install anything else, I'd like to know.........

1) Before I install a 2011 roster upgrade is there anything else I must download and install to make it work properly with my configuration?

2) Once the new roster is installed, do I have to reset anything within the game itself?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, total n00b here. I have no idea how this modding stuff works except I see you can mod image things like jerseys and the looks of stadiums and faces and things like that. But I was hoping to edit some different things about the game so I gotta ask some question I haven't seen already asked.

First, I've only been playing MVP 05 on Gamecube the past few years, not on PC But I own a Mac, and am not aware if MVP 05 works on a Mac. Does it? If not, how can I get it running on my Mac? I think I have to download some sort of special Windows for Mac program, right? If I can't get working on my Mac, then obviously I won't waste my breathe asking questions since I won't be able to edit anything....unless someone knows if you can edit Gamecube games or the Xbox version of the game.

Secondly, are the only things you can edit in this game graphical things? Because the things I want to edit are things that have to do mostly with gameplay, such as adding more trajectories on certain pitches or making breaking balls sharper or shortening how much they break. Things like having way more foul balls (because the in-game slider feature still does not produce enough foul balls), or having players able to hit more balls that are way out of the strike zone, Ichiro or Vlad Guerrero style. Or making it way harder to pinpoint your pitches (since even on the hardest difficulty setting with the slider set at the highest, it's still WAY too easy to pinpoint every pitch). Or changing the 4-seam fastball default thing so not every single pitcher has to have one (Greg Maddux and Derek Lowe for example). It'd also be nice to tweak the AI or be able to create some sort of pitcher's tendency thing similar to the hitter's tendecy feature when you edit a player (fastball take, curveball swing, etc.) so that you don't just have every computer pitcher picking a random pitch and a random location every pitch.

But are these edits even possible at all in any way whatsoever? Any at all?

• 6 months later...

Hey Guys: I have a small problem. My player Kipnis from the Cleveland Indians is no longer caucasian on my game. Could someone help me with changeing him back to a white guy?

Thanks, weeble5

Open MVPEdit. Click Import and direct it towards your C/Program Files/EASports/MVP2005/Data/Database folder. Click ok and it should load your roster. Find Cleveland in the dropdown menu, find Kipnis, go to the appearance tab and change his skin tone to 1. Export back to the database folder.

• 2 weeks later...

If I install a set of rosters with TiT, how do I find the corresponding portraits and cyberfaces to make sure they all work in the game? Or are the portraits and cyberfaces included in the rosters?

They are all seperate. Rosters will use be a copy-and-replace of the DAT files in the data/database folder. Portraits and cyberfaces will usually be installed with TiT. Sometimes, a certain roster won't be compatible with any facepack. Sometimes, it will. You basically just have to check the description included. Or learn how to use MVPEdit.