Modding Questions? Ask Them Here.

giantjeff

I downloaded the 78 TC mod, and I wanted to put the free agents (Olerud, Alomar...) from 05 into the 78 game, since some team could sign them and the game would crash. I saw some advice on this topic that Homer gave someone about 4 years ago, which I can understand. I used the 05 data and exported Olerud, change the to the 78 data, imported the 78 rosters, and tried to import Olerud. I'm trying to replace him with the Olerud in free agents. The "import complete" message showed up, but Olerud had no portrait, what's up?

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but be aware, that you do not use MVPEdit to export portraits. You need a tool like EAGraph or BigGUI. Also, you need to check the cyberface assigned to the player. Cyberfaces are in the datamodels.big file. If the player uses a cyberface not currently in the TC78 models.big file, you will need to export it from the 05 file and import it into the TC78 file.

Is there a relatively simple way of switching minor league affiliations? I don't want to make them current, I just want to move minor league teams around. Also, if I give a team a new minor league affiliate, does the team keep their original roster or do the rosters change as well? I found a link about this on here, but it gave a "Sorry, we can't find this" error.

It really isn't that simple. You have to:

1. Move the team logos around.

2. Change all occurrences of their names and abbreviations in the LOC files.

3. Move around the uniforms.

4. Move around the uniform select screens.

5. Move around the audio for the team names.

6. Re-order the organization rosters in MVP Edit.

However, look for all of this to be completed in MVP 12.

I followed all of Homer's instructions to copy the player, cyberface, and portrait. I exported the roster, and Olerud showed up in free agents. To make sure everything went right, I played him in a game, and nothing crashed. Then I tried him in the batting mini-game, and everything was fine until the camera was going to change from the pre-at bat animation to the at bat, and the game crashed. Why?

I followed all of Homer's instructions to copy the player, cyberface, and portrait. I exported the roster, and Olerud showed up in free agents. To make sure everything went right, I played him in a game, and nothing crashed. Then I tried him in the batting mini-game, and everything was fine until the camera was going to change from the pre-at bat animation to the at bat, and the game crashed. Why?

I'm not sure what roster you're using, but Shane Reynolds has to be in your game for the Mini-Games to work. More information can be found here: http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?showtopic=33903&#entry508548 (under 7c.)

I'm not sure what roster you're using, but Shane Reynolds has to be in your game for the Mini-Games to work. More information can be found here: http://www.mvpmods.c...03 (under 7c.)

I'm using Jim's 78 TC mod. The mini games work with the 78 players, but when I used John Olerud, who I pull in from the 05 version, the game crashed, but I could play an exhibition game with Olerud. It's not a big deal, I just found it strange that I could play an exhibition game, but not a mini game.

Edited by smilingassassin

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am working on converting a PC roster to PS2, but I have run into a file compression problem (I would post this in the Console forum, but the Console forum does not appear to exist anymore). MVP Baseball 2005 for PS2 (to my understanding) performs LBA checks, essentially requiring that a modded file be the same size as the original file, in the same location as the original file.

The problem is, I am unable (with either eazip or gfxpak) to compress even an original file back to the original size.

For example: I extract attrib.dat from DATABASE.big (i.e. eazip -e DATABASE.big), resulting in a compressed attrib.dat (185,628 bytes). I decompress attrib.dat (i.e. eazip -u attrib.dat), resulting in a decompressed attrib.dat (751,835 bytes). I compress attrib.dat (i.e. eazip -c attrib.dat), resulting in a compress attrib.dat (246,404 bytes). I have similar results with gfxpak.

Is it possible for eazip or gfxpak to compress even an original file back to the original size?

If not, is it possible to defeat/offset the LBA checks in effort to load a larger DATABASE.big?

Edited by nPetie

• 2 months later...

Is it possible to add teams, or is there too much hard-coded in the game engine? So essentially add a national league team and an american league team (even 2 in each league to make the schedules a bit cleaner), for season play. I know that the stadiums are hard coded in the game engine so i would need to just play with one of the existing stadiums. Searched through the forums, however unable to find a definitive answer.

You can't have more than 120 teams in the game. You can edit a team's settings in the team.dat file that is part of the rosters and move a minor league team to the major leagues. If you do that, however, you cannot play in dynasty mode unless you make major changes to the schedules in the game.

Thanks Jim825. I'll give that a try. I figured I need to do some extensive updates no matter what. I'm just curious how the game would handle my minor league team switching to the Majors since i would linking minor league teams in the org.dat. well i'll give it a try. thanks for the advice.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all

I hate to be a pain in the butt. I'm wondering if nyone can let me know how to swap the Buffalo and Las Vegas AAA teams to Toronto and NY Mets respectively.

Oh and thanks for the help regarding swapping Hoouston, worked first try, (not that it wouldnt considering you guys are so switched on)

Ta heaps

Marty

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am creating portraits for most of the Twins' top prospects (Sano, Meyer, Buxton, Kepler, Salcedo, Arcia, Hicks, etc.). My problem is I can't get the portraits to upload via MVPEdit. It "says not a valid bitmap". I used Gimp and exported the main image as 24 bit and alpha as a grayscale 8 bit. 256x256. I never had a problem before, but now I can't figure out the problem.

I am having a very puzzling issue. I have never had an issue trying to import portraits via MVP Edit. I am making my own portraits for some prospects. I am using GIMP and have never had a problem doing so. I save the main image as 24 bit and the alpha as 8 bit grayscale. They are bmp images. I am able to make a fsh file out of the images using the portrait maker, but for some reason I keep getting an error when I try to directly put the image in MVPEdit that says "Not a valid bitmap". I have no idea why it would not be valid.

• 4 weeks later...