Mvp Mods Trivia Tournament 2009

DJEagles

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Urgh, this test is rigged:

Question: When you make a mistake in sewing, what tool might you need?

Answer: I said pincushion, which on wiki it clearly states can be used in sewing, the answer they said was seam reaper.

Stupid 2 answers.

make A MISTAKE. not just sewing in general.

and when you make a mistake in sewing, you use a seam ripper to "start over."

pincushions don't help with mistakes - they just hold your needles until you need them. :D

make A MISTAKE. not just sewing in general.

and when you make a mistake in sewing, you use a seam ripper to "start over."

pincushions don't help with mistakes - they just hold your needles until you need them. :D

Very good point. I was rushing to beat Eric's score =( and I guess I didn't pay attention to the questoin.

Is 1480 good? I took it a couple months ago and I got 1890.

LOL, 1480 out of 1600 he means, cause I know he's older then 21. Now they've switched to the 2400 point system, which is why his 1480 is comparable to a 2220 (pending he did the same on the essay/writing portion).

I picked up a 2080, which I hope gets me into a college that I wanna go to :D

This is what I found.

The ACT is a standardized test to get into colleges. Most universities will accept either the ACT or the SAT, but the ACT is a nice alternative to the SAT for some students because it is curriculum based. This means it tests a set of content that you can very directly study for, and if you put in the time your score will go up. The import of the ACT can vary from student to student, however.

For some students, taking both the SAT and ACT is a great option because they can submit whichever of the two scores is better (based on their percentile ranking) which then lets them increase their odds of acceptance in college admissions. For other students, the ACT is important because it lets them qualify for particular scholarships or programs. For example, certain camps or universities with special programs for middle school students will accept a certain score on the ACT for admission into their summer program. In other cases, some universities will have special scholarships established that require a minimum ACT score to qualify, hence taking the ACT qualifies students for these opportunities.

Taking both the ACT and SAT is highly recommended as most students have nothing to lose and much to gain.

From my understanding, the SAT, nationally is the more taken test, and in NY, I am positive that it is the test of choice.

Reading through this article, I really should have taken the ACT, seems more like the test for me :hmph:

Oh wow. I didn't even know they'd changed. Yeah, mine was 1480 out of 1600. I made a bet with another smart friend of mine -- a case of beer and $25 to whoever made the higher score.

I got mine, and I was so excited. I knew I'd won. So I called the *******. He'd gotten a 1600. He went to Yale. I didn't.

But I did get a perfect 800 on verbal.

I'm a little uncomfortable that I aced the question in the "How much do you know about John Wayne Gacy?" category.

Mine today had annoying little messages, like, "I sure am enjoying this transliteralation category! How about you? Would you like to have another question? That sounds awesome!"

Edited to add the Gacy to the Wayne.

Double-edited to congratulate Piston -- all 10 in 44? I haven't done that yet.

Archived