Frontier Field - AAA Rochester

createbaseball

Bodhiball, that looks great. I also live near YankeexDev (although in another town) and that's my home field. But for me, Silver Stadium in Rochester really was the place to see a baseball game.

YankeexDev, did you ever have a chance to see Silver?

Yup my dad took me lots of times when I was little. I was 6 when it closed then in 1997 Frontier opened up. I remember walking to the stadium a lot and I remember the inside of the stadium a little bit. The stadium was around all these ghetto neighborhoods and I remember we would park on some side street. Actually one year my dad went to all the games except like 2-3 when he was in his teens and he said he would sneak in a lot(lol), since my grandpa owned the service station that was like right next to the stadium. I think the service station is still near the old stadium. Now the stadiums lot is some business place.

Yup my dad took me lots of times when I was little. I was 6 when it closed then in 1997 Frontier opened up. I remember walking to the stadium a lot and I remember the inside of the stadium a little bit. The stadium was around all these ghetto neighborhoods and I remember we would park on some side street. Actually one year my dad went to all the games except like 2-3 when he was in his teens and he said he would sneak in a lot(lol), since my grandpa owned the service station that was like right next to the stadium. I think the service station is still near the old stadium. Now the stadiums lot is some business place.

We also used to sneak in a lot at the games too, my friends and I. At Silver, it was easy when you knew how to. One time when the Red Wings were on a road trip, we road our bikes down to the ballpark and climbed the wrought iron fence and got in. We played ball on field where the Wings played! Of course, the bases weren't there and we only got a few innings in until it started to get dark.

Got to get some tickets to go see Scranton Wilkes Barre Yankees this year hopefully I can see Hughes pitch one of the games. Thats if hes not called up before he comes to Rochester.

The good thing about them in Scranton now is that Scranton comes here twice a year, as opposed to Columbus, which only comes here once.

I liked it much better before when the International League was only an eight team league. The Yankees had their affiliate in Syracuse then, the Syracuse Chiefs, and the Chiefs came here many times in the course of a season.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah too bad it wasn't released I would of loved to use it.

So would I. I'm sure bodiball would have done a great job making this park, but as I said before to you, I hate the real Frontier Field. It just hasn't been the same since Silver is gone for me. I have so many memories of Silver that it would be too much for me to write it down here.

Archived