MVP07 pitching meter

Gordo

Ok, tinpan..... I find ONE typo in your submissions, I'm on you like ugly on Hillary Clinton! :)

Sorry, dude, I like Urlacher too.... I was just looking for an excuse. Ya know ..... guy thing.

kg, I agree, we could all research all these fixes and spend hours and hours doing everything individually. However, I think in a community you find different guys just being better at different things. Isn't that the whole point of mvpmods (he rhetorically asks)?

I got the meter to change to the 05 meter following instructions from 2 different posts and filling in a couple things they didn't. I am a complete novice so I was going to post some detailed instructions for people that aren't great with computers(like myself). If I can do it anyone can. Time is very limited now so I will try to do it sometime later this week.

OK!

I think I finally figured it out after like 5 hours.

I used a program called 'bigGUI' which you can easily google to extract datafile.txt from datafile.BIG. Then I downloaded the MVP 2005 compression utility from the download section of this site and edited the following things like someone said to do in another thread:

34 accuracywidth 0.120

40 linespeed 0.750

50 badaccuracywidth 0.15

141 perfectaccuracygreen 255

143 Perfectaccuracyalpha 255

144 perfectaccuracysize 0.25

It seems to work... I hope I did ok lol.

152 accuracygreen 255

Ok, Can someone upload their datafile or whaterev I need to make this larger. It realy hurts to try to poitch in a meter that small. If someone cant upload it, try to walk me through it using very detailed instructions. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, Can someone upload their datafile or whaterev I need to make this larger. It realy hurts to try to poitch in a meter that small. If someone cant upload it, try to walk me through it using very detailed instructions. Thanks!

Download the MVP Compression Utility. Unzip it wherever you want.

Run the utility, and direct it to your existing datafile. It should be in C:/Program Files/EA Sports/MVP Baseball 2005/data

Use the MVP Compression Utility to uncompress the datafile.txt.

Open the resulting datafileEdit.txt in wordpad (don't use notepad).

Search for "accuracywidth"

You will find '34 accuracywidth'

In the line following '34 accuracywidth', find the number at 34. It's probably 0.06. Change it to 0.120 (stock setting). If you find it too easy at that setting, I'd suggest trying something between 0.06 and 0.120, maybe 0.100.

Save the file

Recompress it using the MVP Compression Utility.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm such a novice at this and when i got the 07 update to work I was the happiest kid in town. My mom thought it was cool and even wanted to donate. NOW though I have a big problem with the pitch meter. so I tried to follow what spitoon said, and i couldn't find my datefileedit.txt (or whatever it's called, I searched it in my computer to). If someone could just tell me how to fix this very simply that would be amazing, if it is easier, could someone email me the files I need or instructions at

natesokolski@yahoo.com

or just post them here, i feel so helpless lol.

THANK YOU SO MUCH,

and please help

Nate

• 1 month later...

can we download it from anywhere. i searched pitching meter in downloads and nothing came up

So what finally happend to that file?? I was really looking forward to getting it while reading the topic :starwars:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

This is my first post and I would like to thank all of the 2k7 modders for a tremendous product. This is the perfect edition for me...except for the pitch meter. So, Spittoon and everyone else that helped with the pitch meter. I would just like to give you much props for the help, and making the best even better. Sooooo much better than the 2k7 meter.

Archived