Frost's cyberface previews

JP_Frost

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just wanna fix up Tabata's nose -- you can see a line above the tip of his nose which I have to smudge a little bit. Otherwise I'll release it tomorrow.

The nostrils are 100% perfect.

Hey JP, how about Ryan Braun and Micah Owings?

I'd love to do Braun, KG, but look at his pressbox

that's a pretty useless headshot to work with. I'll look into Owings.

damn them and their smiles. why can't these guys just look completely emotionless for our sakes?

great work jp, can't say enough about how your work is getting better and better with each face.

• 2 weeks later...

i agree. by all means, this should've been a relative close fit, but i think it's in the jaw and chin area. this model seems a bit strong a mold. his isn't as prominent as i recall. but it's an 04 model isn't it? at least i think i recognize it. also the outer parts of the eyebrows are too close to the eyes. i believe they were raised a little bit more.

Evan Longoria:

longoriacr5.jpg

longoria2xk0.jpg

this one also needs some minor touchups in the nose area and eyes, but other than that, I think it looks pretty decent. I'm just so bummed out after doing an 04 face before an 05 face, because the difference in texture is really noticeable. I dunno how Thr33nil and Jogar do it, but it's unbelievable how good they can keep the 05 face textures.

Travis Hafner:

travishafnersr1.jpg

I think the face is good, as well as the headshape (his current headshape was a bit too round for me, made him look too fat). However, I had to adjust his body type a bit (he was stocky big legs - average), so he's now just stocky - large. Do you guys think he still looks big enough? here are some screenshots

travishafner2jp0.jpg

travishafner3tc8.jpg

alright, let me know.

I'll fix up some of the faces I have previewed and release them later this week.

yeah, the skintone is a problem for these Indians cyberfaces, because the pressbox photos are so dark. Hafner has skintone 4 in those screens, perhaps I can try skintone 5 and see what it looks like, but I don't want him to look like he's been playing baseball in Venezuela the last couple of months ;)

oh yeah, I've already lightened them quite a bit. Those are the tools I use the most for blending -- selective color, hue/saturation, brightness/contrast. It's just that if you make them too light, they'll lose some texture.

btw, skintone 5 looks to be the right one.

I've adjusted Hafner's skintone a bit so he doesn't look as tanned anymore. Let me know which one you guys looks best.

Hafner new skintone:

hafnernewskintonega2.jpg

amazing! the only small detail that I think might need to be fixed is his mouth. The opening to his mouth doesn't quite map right to his lips.

• 2 weeks later...

Rafael Perez:

rafaelperezpd4.jpg

I'm thinking about releasing an Indians pack. Guys like Lofgren, Crowe, Sabathia still need to be done. I alreadu have Fernando Cabrera, Victor Martinez, Travis Hafner, Adam Miller, Jeremy Sowers, Edward Mujica, Tony Sipp and David Dellucci.

Archived