Frost's cyberface previews

JP_Frost

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

either play with the texture or the mapping, but there should be a little more hair on his upper lip. the nostrils, make them a tad wider, but shorter (i hope that makes sense). and then compare the bottom eyelids...one's twice as big as the other. makes him look too old. again, you can play with the uvmapper to fix that. i still think the ears can be a little lower. and i don't really know what he looks like when he's not smiling, but maybe the lips are too fat. but who knows, i haven't seen this guy enough to make a fair judgement. fun stuff isn't it?

• 2 weeks later...

Chad Cordero:

chadcorderoyv9.jpg

I need to work on his eyes a little bit (make them smaller), but I can't see what happened with his nostril. I've tried using the uvmapper, but it didn't help anything. Do any of the more experienced cyberface modders know how I can fix it?

whoa! Good start, I'm sure you'll get the nostril situation figured out soon enough. Also, it looks like there's a pink rectangle from his nose to his chin. Probably just needs a little texture fix-up. Good luck finishing it!

open up the uvmapper and select the one point below his nose. then go to one of the other three screens and try moving it up vertically. try different points, one at a time to see if that helps any.

thanks guys.

That pink/red thing is actually in his pressbox photo, but it's stretched out a little bit because I moved some parts. It's a pretty difficult face to make, because his pressbox isn't very useful and he has a strange headshape. I actually had his eyes moved up a little further, since you can barely see them in real life, but his eyebrows would stick out of his cap, so I had to move them down a bit. I'll mess around with it some more and see if I can finish him up during the next couple of days.

• 4 weeks later...

also, when I select the cheeks for example with uvmapper and I move them either horizontally or vertically, it doesn't show up in my preview picture in the bottom right corner. is that normal?

don't know why i remembered this comment, but i was using oedit the other day. actually, i was installing it on a new computer. so i downloaded a version off the website. first thing i noticed was that it was different. if anyone who is familiar with this program can confirm for me, but it doesn't look like that bottom right window does anything. the one i'm used to uses it as a preview screen. turns out the version i like is 0.2a. what version were you using?

• 3 weeks later...

Rafael Betancourt:

ph_429783.jpg

rafaelbetancourtxn4.jpg

Andy Marte's smile didn't really prove to be a big problem at all. I moved his lower lip up in parts, free transforming the corners so they don't overlap the upper lip. I also realized that clone stamp is a very important tool as opposed to the smudge tool which will make you lose texture.

hope you guys like Betancourt, he has a peculiar headshape, but I think it came out pretty decent.

• 1 month later...

I'll fool around with it the next couple of days

here is a Trevor Crowe pic. Any pointers?

crowesmallfe2.jpg

I don't usually comment on these type of things, but as I look at the picture of Trevor Crowe, the eyes look a bit like Lance Berkman of the Astros. By the way, I think you guys who do modding are fantastic!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived