MVP Baseball "new" online servers...

Buffa

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been in touch with Buffa, he is trying to iron out some kinks in the chat function. Basically what this game launcher does is offering a place where folks who want to play MVP online can meet, so that chat needs to be up and working.

In addition to being a common ground to start from, the gamelauncher has some features that facilitate playing online. Players need to use the Network Games part of MVP to connect, but they can see their opponent's IP in the launcher and they can ping a connection before deciding to play (high ping usually equals poor connection). For the more computer literate among us, right clicking a username provides information about programs running on the background of that user's cpu.

Game rooms are available for regular MVP05, the 06 and 07 mods and Total Classics.

MVP LAUNCHER

We made a link to our MVPE forum. You can download from there...

In the .zip you'll find the datafile we're using in our league, we decreased power batting and accuracy pitching, for the purpose to get less easy HRs, longer pitch counts. Be careful when on the mound, you'll throw more flat balls or out of zone pitches

Tweaked hitting values increasing bonus for hitting streaks in the game, and malus for bad at box presence

Broadcast view: less zoomed in

MVP Launcher: we know it's not perfect...but it's a first step to rebuild an online community. Remind this isn't a chat to talk about global warming or next rugby world championship.

It's a virtual place where to meet other players and manage online games.

We suggest to download hamachi and run it before launching the tool and gameroom members will be able to see your IP address to join you and play

We noticed that distance can affect chatting performance with some delay to see typed sentences. A trick is to press SEND button to update the chat.

Sometimes the launcher is going to suddenly shut down too, don't complain about it, simply open it again!

We have not tested it massively, we don't know if an high number of members in the gamerooms can stop it working properly...

Lets try it!!!

How to use our "servers"

You have to use the chat section, other sections aren't active

In the chat you'll see the players IP left clicking on the member icon (flag) at your right top.

A right click will show all the background running processes for that member, no cheating admitted.

From Tools you can set your favourite chat font and in Info launcher update write a short info about you, country would be useful.

We suggest to use Hamachi tool before opening the server and a new IP will be assigned to you, left click on your icon and you'll see your public and private IP.

Chuck, did you receive the activation mail?

Daflyboys, if you toned down ratings no problem. Toning up would be a problem... :smile:

A long time ago in the easports server I played with a guy who was managing a team all 99-99 CH-PH...

So basically, all this is is a chatroom that tells you the other people's IP address? Besides that, I am not a fan of the fact this program lets you see the processes that everyone else has open. I'll stick to AIM chat and the competitions ladder, because honestly there's no benefit to this that I can see.

Buffa I'm having the same activation email problems again. I registred a while ago with clansgame.com and haven't recived an activation email. I've checked my spam folder to and it's not there.

Try to register again with another mail address, make an msn account and use that mailbox. I'm not a clansgame.com administrator...only a member

To Bobiont: now your account is active, remind that here in Italy we are at least six hours ahead. You, "alive and kicking", me sleeping and dreaming...

I finally got the activation email and got it to work. It wasn't what I expected, I thought it would be more like the EA servers where you could just host a game and anyone could join, it's just like Hamachi except a lot less secure.

I finally got the activation email and got it to work. It wasn't what I expected, I thought it would be more like the EA servers where you could just host a game and anyone could join, it's just like Hamachi except a lot less secure.

Yeah, we offered to easports to buy their old mvp servers but they refused, so we thought to a lot less secure Hamachi system. Sorry dude.... :shock:

• 3 weeks later...

At this point well over 100 of us have downloaded and installed the game launcher. There have been virtually no activities on it, simply because only 1 or 2 guys have been online simultaneously.

In order to see whether the launcher can have a positive influence on playing MVP baseball online, we will organize a short, compact tournament.

Anyone interested in playing MVP online is invited to participate in the tournament, which will be held roughly between April 27 and May 1.

If you already have the launcher, just provide your login name, the team you want to play and your country (US and Canada: please add state).

Games will be played using mvp07, settings to be agreed between players.

If you have Hamachi and open the program before logging on to the launcher, your Hamachi IP will show as "Private IP". Using Hamachi via the launcher lifts the constraints of Hamachi networks.

If you don't have the launcher but would like to play, you can download it here.

Use this thread to participate and stay informed of dates and brackets.

We're shooting for a 32 team, 5 round tournament.

Frankly, I don't believe Parma or Grossetto are included in MVP. We can either let folks use NL and AL All Stars, or maybe some players would prefer a minor league team. First, lets see if we get anymore than 3 teams interested.

Participating now:

mvpe_buffa, Italy, Pittsburgh Pirates

enriko, Italy, Boston Red Sox

mvpe_braves, Netherlands, Atlanta Braves

Archived