Wireless 360 Controller

MaCar91

i just purchased mine yesterday. here's how to get it to work. first install the software that comes with gaming receiver. then connect it to a usb slot. turn on your 360. then press the button on the receiver and the button on the controller simutaneously. you can now turn off your 360. when you start mvp and go into options, controller, you will see the 360 wireless controller....... when you want to use the 360 again, make sure you press the button near the memory slot and the button on the controller. if you don't do this, you won't be able to use it. i had this problem. when i went to put on my 360. the controller wasn't working. so i disconnected the receiver from my pc. still wouldn't worked. i called customer support. the guy i talked to didn't even know at first what the wireless receiver was. he ended up telling me to try another controller. if that didn't worlk, he thought it would be the 360 itself. i was like it was just working. doesn't make sense. after getting nowhere, i figured out myself. that was to press the buttons at the same time on both 360 and controller. then to play on pc again. press the button on controller and receiver. hope this helps.

you don't need the xbcd drivers - use the ones that came with the wireless receiver. I was already using a wired 360 controller and had the buttons configured just the way i like them. when you hook up the wireless controller, you'll have to go into controller options in the game and hit save. that will put a slot in the config file for the wireless controller. now simply open the config file, copy the data from the wired 360 controller and paste over the data for the wireless controller and you'll now have the wireless one working exactly like the wired one. if this is the first time you've hooked up any 360 controller, just go through the controller options in game and configure it the way you like.

you don't need the xbcd drivers - use the ones that came with the wireless receiver. I was already using a wired 360 controller and had the buttons configured just the way i like them. when you hook up the wireless controller, you'll have to go into controller options in the game and hit save. that will put a slot in the config file for the wireless controller. now simply open the config file, copy the data from the wired 360 controller and paste over the data for the wireless controller and you'll now have the wireless one working exactly like the wired one. if this is the first time you've hooked up any 360 controller, just go through the controller options in game and configure it the way you like.

So I don't need to go through all of the stuff with the XBCD drivers? What should I put in the config file to get the buttons like they are on XBOX? Or do I just go through the MVP options in-game?

copy this into the controller config file located in my documents, mvp 2005 folder. turn on the 360. then press the buttons on the controller and receiver at the same time. turn off 360 .start mvp 05. you will now see the wireless x360 controller listed in options, controller config. to use controller with 360 again, press buttons on console and controller.

profile= XBOX_360_For_Windows_(Controller)

device= XBOX_360_For_Windows_(Controller)

player= 1

number_of_buttons= 10

number_of_povs= 1

number_of_axis= 5

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_START= button 8

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_SELECT= button 7

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_CROSS= button 1

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_CIRCLE= button 2

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_SQUARE= button 3

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_TRIANGLE= button 4

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_L1= button 5

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R1= button 6

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_L2= axis- 3

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R2= axis+ 3

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_L3= button 9

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R3= button 10

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_DPAD_UP= pov0 1

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_DPAD_DOWN= pov180 1

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_DPAD_LEFT= pov270 1

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_DPAD_RIGHT= pov90 1

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_L_STICK_RIGHT= axis- 1

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_L_STICK_LEFT= axis+ 1

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_L_STICK_UP= axis+ 2

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_L_STICK_DOWN= axis- 2

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R_STICK_RIGHT= axis- 4

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R_STICK_LEFT= axis+ 4

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R_STICK_UP= axis+ 5

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R_STICK_DOWN= axis- 5

VPAD_PITCH_1= button 1

VPAD_PITCH_2= button 2

VPAD_PITCH_3= button 3

VPAD_PITCH_4= button 4

VPAD_PITCH_5= button 6

VPAD_FIELD_PICK_OFF_THROW_FIRST= button 2

VPAD_FIELD_PICK_OFF_THROW_SECOND= button 4

VPAD_FIELD_PICK_OFF_THROW_THIRD= button 3

VPAD_PITCH_OUT= button 1

VPAD_THROW_BALL= not_assigned -1

VPAD_INTENTIONAL_WALK= button 10

VPAD_INTENTIONAL_HITBATTER= button 9

VPAD_PITCH_HISTORY_OPEN= axis- 3

VPAD_SWING_NORMAL= button 1

VPAD_SWING_BUNT= button 3

VPAD_CHARGE_MOUND= button 4

VPAD_FIELD_THROW_FIRST= button 2

VPAD_FIELD_THROW_SECOND= button 4

VPAD_FIELD_THROW_THIRD= button 3

VPAD_FIELD_THROW_HOME= button 1

VPAD_FIELD_SWITCH= button 4

VPAD_FIELD_RELAY_THROW= button 5

VPAD_FIELD_CUTOFF_THROW= button 3

VPAD_FIELD_FAKE_RUNDOWN_THROW= button 6

VPAD_RUNNER_FIRST_SELECT= button 2

VPAD_RUNNER_SECOND_SELECT= button 4

VPAD_RUNNER_THIRD_SELECT= button 3

VPAD_RUNNER_RUNFIRST= pov90 1

VPAD_RUNNER_RUNSECOND= pov0 1

VPAD_RUNNER_RUNTHIRD= pov270 1

VPAD_RUNNER_RUNHOME2SCORE= pov180 1

VPAD_BASERUNNER_ADVANCEALL= not_assigned -1

VPAD_BASERUNNER_RETREATALL= not_assigned -1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had my wireless reciever and controller working fine, but I didn't have the rumble feature. I stupidly downloaded and installed the XBCD or whatever, the drivers for the wired controller. It totally screwed up the contorller configuration so the X button is pitch history and you have to you L bumper to pitch. I tried copying and pasting the configuration I had before but it still won't change. Do you think the drivers are overriding the wireless adapter and do you know how I can revert to the original settings?

I also have the wireless receiver and the Xbox 360 controller and I have been trying to figure out how to get the buttons to be normal like the original xbox or ps2. I have copied and pasted the different configurations into the My Documents folder where I have my MVP folder with the controller and it never works. The problem I am having is the same as edwindelahiggins. My X button brings up the manager decisions. If anyone knows how to fix this, I would appreciate some help. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

copy this into the controller config file located in my documents, mvp 2005 folder. turn on the 360. then press the buttons on the controller and receiver at the same time. turn off 360 .start mvp 05. you will now see the wireless x360 controller listed in options, controller config. to use controller with 360 again, press buttons on console and controller.

player= 1

number_of_buttons= 10

number_of_povs= 1

number_of_axis= 5

VPAD_PITCH_1= button 1

VPAD_PITCH_2= button 2

VPAD_PITCH_3= button 3

VPAD_PITCH_4= button 4

VPAD_PITCH_5= button 6

VPAD_PITCH_OUT= button 1

VPAD_PITCH_HISTORY_OPEN= axis- 3

VPAD_SWING_BUNT= button 3

VPAD_FIELD_SWITCH= button 4

VPAD_FIELD_RELAY_THROW= button 5

VPAD_FIELD_CUTOFF_THROW= button 3

VPAD_BASERUNNER_ADVANCEALL= not_assigned -1

VPAD_BASERUNNER_RETREATALL= not_assigned -1

Tried to do this with the controller.cfg file. I do not have a 360 so these directions really confuse me anyways. Could someone please post something similar that works with the controller and the wireless receiver?

Plug the wireless reciever into the USB port on your computer, turn on the controller, press the button on the reciever and connect the controller to the reciever. This may sound confusing, but basically get it so the circle with the green X in the middle of the controller is lit up in the top lefthand corner. Now that you have the controller turned on, open MVP, go to "My MVP" and controller configuration. If the controller is indeed connected, you should see listed under controller configuration "xbox 360 wireless controller 1." If that's the case, click accept, as this will save the 360 configuration. Now exit MVP, go to My documents and copy and paste the configuation listed in the post above into the profile that says xbox360 wireless controller 1 and let me know how it turns out.

Here is the correct configuration for the 360 controller. The one that as posted earlier in this thread doesn't account for "send all" or "retreat all" for base runners and I feel like it's poorly mapped in general. This is pretty close to the configuration you'd find on a standard PS2 or xbox controller.

player= 1

number_of_buttons= 10

number_of_povs= 1

number_of_axis= 5

VPAD_PITCH_1= button 1

VPAD_PITCH_2= button 2

VPAD_PITCH_3= button 3

VPAD_PITCH_4= button 4

VPAD_PITCH_5= button 6

VPAD_PITCH_OUT= button 1

VPAD_PITCH_HISTORY_OPEN= button 9

VPAD_SWING_BUNT= button 10

VPAD_FIELD_SWITCH= button 5

VPAD_FIELD_RELAY_THROW= axis+ 3

VPAD_FIELD_CUTOFF_THROW= axis+ 3

VPAD_BASERUNNER_ADVANCEALL= button 5

VPAD_BASERUNNER_RETREATALL= button 6

The above configuration is the same I am using and it works fine fixing the X button for the actual pitch and not the Manager Menu. You will not get any rumble effects though. For some reason it does not work with MVP 05 /07 but works fine in other PC games like Tomb Raider Legend or Spider-Man 3.

Just out of curiousity, could you tell me what line is the Manager Menu in the configuration. I have been tryng to see why I could not get the config to work by manually assigning X in game to the left pitch yet it works when using the config.

Ok , well it's definitely connected because the controller shows up in the controller config on the game. After accepting that I exited back out and replaced that section of the config file with the thing posted above. Only gripe I have now is just that the controls are still fairly awkward. X button brings up the batter menu while pitching and left clicking analog stick is the start button. Is this how it's supposed to be with that config or did I mess it up? If so, is there an easier config posted somwhere that sets it up more similar to the Logitech dual action configuration.

EDIT: Just saw the new posts made while I was making this one, trying those out. I'll get back to you.

• 3 months later...

I am having the same problems. The X button does not work. I can't throw to 2nd base and depress the left thumb stick pauses the game. I tried both cofigs and both dont work for me..

I am using Windows Vista with a Xbox 360 Wireless Controller and the latest Microsoft drivers MVP 05 with the 07 and patch 2 mods.

Any ideas?

Archived