Field Changer WIP

The Big O

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have had no problems so far, other then issues unrelated to this mod. Beautiful work Trues, and BigO...the field looks 1 million times better.

Thanks DJ, I'm glad you like it so far. We are running into a few mysterious crash issues that we're fixing. If you run into any of these issues please let us know.

Thanks again.

I've had crashes in Dodger and Dolphin, but then they mysteriously vanished and haven't returned. I'm thinking it just might have been a memory issue with my computer. Also check your Angels Stadium out. There seems to be an issue with that one as Trues and I have had the same problem. It's almost like it was only partially installed as the other field graphics seem to bleed through. Considering there are no mipmaps for those textures, I'm not sure why this is the case.

Are all the fsh files compressed already? If not, that may be the reason. If not, I could go and compress all the fsh files.

This is most likey the problem. This would be great if you could do that, thanks.

Is this a mod that is going to seriously tax the CPU for those of us with older machines? As in, I always need the 1x uniforms, cuz the 2x causes severe stuttering. So is this mod out-of-the-question for me?

As I said before, this is NOT a hi-res mod. Think of it as the minimal grass changer mod while maintaining most of the texture detail. Also, all grass/dirt is being re-colored to better match the actual stadiums.

This is most likey the problem. This would be great if you could do that, thanks.

My .fsh files are already compressed with QFS compression using NFSHtool. I assume the installer compresses them again with EAZip before it repacks them.

Everything has looked good, I have been through all the MLB stadiums in there original state and they look fine. I had a mysterious crash on Chase Field, but after a game restart it played fine... Also had a grey ball on Comerica, but again after a restart it was fine.

Really fine job guys... I should finish with the rest of the stadiums this evening and will report bugs if any as I get them... thanks... These changes with the grass/dirt add new life to these stadiums...

It is very hard to say mod X is better than mod Y because they are all

special and unique to the game and all add a special value to the game.

This mod has to be considered one of the top though...the grass and dirt

have always been a hinderance and I'm sure most will agree...This is

awesome...I cannot wait for it's release....but I will have to. HURRY!!

(Just kidding) The anticipation is killing me!! Great work guys!!

For the first time: No Shimmering! Thanks very much Trues and BigO.

The grass and dirt textures are very well done. It is great to see the color match up to the stadium.

Stadiums I tested both day and night.

Cubs

Yanks

Angels

Mets

Red Sox

Astros

Dodgers

Twins

Thanks for a wonderful edition to MVP PC.

I pretty much new that...I was just getting excited reading his post!!!

This mod is going to look amazing!!

Also, Trues said this is not going to be hi-res...Will there eventually be

a hi-res mod for us that are able to use it? Hopefuly?

Trues,

This mod is awesome looking as many have said! I am wondering

if you will release a hi-res version as well sometime later on for those

that are able to use it? Like KC does with his uniform mods? 1X or 2X??

The whole intent of this mod was to provide a low-res grass texture that didn't shimmer but still kept some detail while not taxing the system. With that said I don't see us putting out a hi-res version because that would defeat the purpose. A hi-res grass mod has already been made by another modder and can be found in the Downloads section if that's what you are looking for.

Ballparks Alphabetical Order I have checked so far. (RED = Crash) (GREEN = OK)

Rangers Day

Rangers Night

Angels Day*

Angels Night*

Chase Field Day

Chase Field Night**

* Maybe this is because I have HaloFan's Angel stadium.

**Blue "Loading" bar stops.

Archived