Blue Purple Red Orange Gold Green Teal Chocolate Charcoal
Blue Purple Red Orange Gold Green Teal Chocolate Charcoal

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mav3rek

Start in Spring Training rather than at first game of season

Just wondering if anyone has thought of or has made a mod that instead of starting an owner mode file on opening day, you start on the first day of spring training games?

I thought it would be more fun to start out playing some spring training games to allow you to get aquainted with your new team and figure out who's starting and who isn't. I don't think it would be that hard to do for someone who knows how to do it, I have no clue or would do it myself. I could be wrong and it maybe is very hard to do, I'm not sure.

Any know any of this?

07 mod has you start in April.

Personally I'd prefer a start in March so I can play spring training with my team and see who's worthy of being up on the MLB level and who I need to replace.

You could do that, just turn off all trade and transactions for the first season, sim it, and then start spring training in the next year. This would be a cool idea for someone starting a new dynasty.

As would I. I thought that somebody was working on a spring schedule to be compatable w/ the 07 mod.

You could do that, just turn off all trade and transactions for the first season, sim it, and then start spring training in the next year. This would be a cool idea for someone starting a new dynasty.

but then the calendar is 2008, the schedule is diff, and people would retire.

And everyone would be a year older.

07 mod has you start in April.

Personally I'd prefer a start in March so I can play spring training with my team and see who's worthy of being up on the MLB level and who I need to replace.

I love that idea! Meanwhile of course, you could just play a bunch of exhibition games, throw on the Spring Training Uni's and there ya go. Also, I am not quite sure with this, but I think there is a chance to play in March once a full season has been completed. I think then, you can set up your Spring Training Schedule, but like I said I might be wrong here :stickman:

yeah, I know there is a Spring Training that is included in the game, that's the reason I don't think this mod would be so hard. I just have zero idea on how it would be done.

It's not possible and never will be.

Straight and to the point. That's why I like you.

Straight and to the point. That's why I like you.

I'm confused. What makes it impossible?

here's what you can do. Use Tywiggins' schedule updater at the start of your dynasty and change the year to 2006. Sim an entire season, go through all the offseason modes and start playing 2007 spring training. That's the only way i can think of.

That's what everybody else on this thread has suggested, but if doesn't seem people want to do that.

I'd do that, but I'm concerned with player contracts and ages.