Start in Spring Training rather than at first game of season

Mav3rek

Just wondering if anyone has thought of or has made a mod that instead of starting an owner mode file on opening day, you start on the first day of spring training games?

I thought it would be more fun to start out playing some spring training games to allow you to get aquainted with your new team and figure out who's starting and who isn't. I don't think it would be that hard to do for someone who knows how to do it, I have no clue or would do it myself. I could be wrong and it maybe is very hard to do, I'm not sure.

Any know any of this?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You could do that, just turn off all trade and transactions for the first season, sim it, and then start spring training in the next year. This would be a cool idea for someone starting a new dynasty.

You could do that, just turn off all trade and transactions for the first season, sim it, and then start spring training in the next year. This would be a cool idea for someone starting a new dynasty.

but then the calendar is 2008, the schedule is diff, and people would retire.

And everyone would be a year older.

07 mod has you start in April.

Personally I'd prefer a start in March so I can play spring training with my team and see who's worthy of being up on the MLB level and who I need to replace.

I love that idea! Meanwhile of course, you could just play a bunch of exhibition games, throw on the Spring Training Uni's and there ya go. Also, I am not quite sure with this, but I think there is a chance to play in March once a full season has been completed. I think then, you can set up your Spring Training Schedule, but like I said I might be wrong here :stickman:

here's what you can do. Use Tywiggins' schedule updater at the start of your dynasty and change the year to 2006. Sim an entire season, go through all the offseason modes and start playing 2007 spring training. That's the only way i can think of.

Well even if it was able to start in the Spring, which sounds impossible, there would be player progression which has already been taken in consideration by the roster makers (KG, Totte, SwinginSoriano) and would throw the player stats out of whack.

It sounds like a lot of work for just one dynasty, but using Ty's importer and exporter, start a season in 2005, use the schedule updater to 2006, and export the rosters, stats, etc. Then sim the whole year, regardless of trades and FA signings and whatnot. Then, when Spring Training 2007 starts, import the rosters (which counters the FA signings and everything, replaces whatever 2006 stats were there) back into the game, and play it out. But make sure you have the imported .dat files backed up, so once the player progression is calculated, you can re-import the rosters and stats, and you will have played Spring Training in your dynasty with 2007 rosters and stats.

Would that work?

Well even if it was able to start in the Spring, which sounds impossible, there would be player progression which has already been taken in consideration by the roster makers (KG, Totte, SwinginSoriano) and would throw the player stats out of whack.

It sounds like a lot of work for just one dynasty, but using Ty's importer and exporter, start a season in 2005, use the schedule updater to 2006, and export the rosters, stats, etc. Then sim the whole year, regardless of trades and FA signings and whatnot. Then, when Spring Training 2007 starts, import the rosters (which counters the FA signings and everything, replaces whatever 2006 stats were there) back into the game, and play it out. But make sure you have the imported .dat files backed up, so once the player progression is calculated, you can re-import the rosters and stats, and you will have played Spring Training in your dynasty with 2007 rosters and stats.

Would that work?

That sounds like it would def. work D-Unit. Good call man!

Yeah, you would need tywiggins' .dat importer/exporter. Here's the link to the thread if you got any questions, the newest version of it is available by clicking the link attached to the first post.

http://www.mvpmods.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=...ggins+.dat.html

And if you don't have MVPEdit, here's the link: www.glass4.com/mvpedit

And for any help with MVPEdit, here's a great thread for advice: http://www.mvpmods.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=...compassing.html

oh my it worked... finally, I get to enter a season the right way... thank you so much for the genius idea... This should defintely be some type of sticky and be included somewhere as a tool of some sort... I was able to do it with relative ease and as I went through it I saw how I could virtually use any roster I want and update as necessary as long as I keep some extra save slots available to save backups of the league I just created...

wouldn't it be possible for just one person to do this, then upload that dynasty file, and then people could use the team changer to change to the team they want to play as and that way they'd still be starting in spring training?

Archived