Start in Spring Training rather than at first game of season

Mav3rek

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

superdee, you should've asked me before posting my roster without permission, but you're helping the community out here, so it's alright. Just make sure you ask me any other modder before uploading to the site.

Good utility, by the way.

superdee, you should've asked me before posting my roster without permission, but you're helping the community out here, so it's alright. Just make sure you ask me any other modder before uploading to the site.

Good utility, by the way.

My apologies 'KG', I wasn't even thinking of that until after I put up the file... Trust me the last thing I would want to do is use someones work without their permission and in any way right it off as my own... and really 'D-Unit' deserves the credit for this, I just simply put up what he layed out for the benefit of 'Mav3rek', and since i couldn't upload it in the post I posted it in the d/l's, now it seems more people would like it...

So let me make my formal request to use your rosters since I have been using yours for my personal game... I would have no problem producing these dynasty files since I now understand the mechanics of how they are created...

Thanks, 'Mav3rek', 'KGbaseball' and 'D-Unit'

I am going to edit the download now as well...

D-Unit I want to be sure I get your permission as well for posting the file...

Again, it was your idea and I was simply producing the result of your instructions, even though I didn't follow them exactly, I actually did something a little different but with the same basic idea. In any event, your instructions work just the same... Thanks again... I am so excited that I finally get to start a dynasty the way I have always wanted...

Haven't had a chance to actually test the mod by superdee, but it looks like a great addon ... Finally being able to start a season the way it was ment to start, with spring training!

I have three questions:

Which schedules did you use, real spring training and regular season schedules for 2007 or fictional ones?

Is it possible to replace the schedule with another one like one generated with the balanced schedule generator?

Do you use KGs Standard or Plus version?

One thing worth mentioning:

If you use this save file, the 2007 Regular Season schedule is determined by the mlb162_3.dat file (which is inside the schedule.big file).

Cool, so I can basically use any schedule I want by just importing it into the schedule.big file.

Thanks for the quick reply.

superdee you have "full consent" from me lol. It was just an idea, it's not like I put any work into the mod but I appreciate it. BTW it could be a big hit if you can make alternate files like suggested before, maybe a 4-pack of save files: One with Standard UR, one with Plus UR, one with Standard KG, one with Plus KG. It would reach out to more people and be very beneficial. And if you really want to keep this going (or someone else too) everytime a roster date comes up you could update the rosters for it and put it up again. But you would need Totte's approval as well since he is in control of UR.

Thank you D-Unit... I will come out with updated pack of these as soon as I get Totte's approval as well... I think people should know that they can even have a fantasy draft and still be able to have the same type of Dynasty... I am going to try to put some detailed notes in a readme on how to be able to do this conversion... Thanks again...

It looks like you did a good job. I don't see any problems.

One thing worth mentioning:

If you use this save file, the 2007 Regular Season schedule is determined by the mlb162_3.dat file (which is inside the schedule.big file).

So how would one use the correct schedule as supplied in the 07 Maker?

Sorry if that is a n00bish question, but I can't figure it out....

THANKS!!

It's not possible and never will be.

HAH! lol, just kidding...

as for the spring training schedule, I personally don't care either way if it's the real schedule or not. Just being able to start in spring training rather than opening day is enough for me.

i started my dynasty and this is great. playing spring training just gives me a relaxed feel and lets me tweak with some stuff. plus, whoever made this file has some SWEET All-Star sliders that came with it. i kept them how they were and i love it!

haha, I love it, those are my All-Star sliders... I have been working on them for a long time... I am actually still working on the batting side... I am so glad you enjoy them... I was planning to post them when I eventually get the hitting worked out just right, right now I am getting a far too many hits...

just get the new schedule, and put it where it goes.

I've tried that and it still is incorrect.

In my case, I'm playing the Brewers. It shows my first game as being against the Cardinals, but I should be playing against the Dodgers.

I *thought* I was doing everything correct, and this would be a great mod if I could get it to work the way I want... shouldn't be too difficult, I think I'm just not understanding something...

Anybody care to help me out?

ETA: I would think that I'm using the correct schedule.big file since I have another dynasty and it's schedule is correct....

hey dont you think the pitcher ball rate at 25 is slightly high? or maybe i just have NO patience.

You think CPU pitchers are throwing too many balls? Thing is that I like to see higher pitch counts, not only my own but from the CPU as well... So I also wanted to require the hitter to have more patience and not just try to swing at everything... You see I take a unique approach with each hitter somewhat taking on his characterstics, waiting a little more with those guys who actually more patient and so on... So to get the CPU to throw more pitches I know that it will have to be in the form of just balls, especially since once it's in the zone I am liable to hit it... :) We should probably start a different thread on this... I will post them up later tonight...

Archived