Start in Spring Training rather than at first game of season

Mav3rek

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The next time you update your mod, SuperDee, could you please try to have the correct 2007 schedules in place for when spring training is over?

I'm sure I'm not the only one that is confused on how to get the correct schedule into this mod.

Otherwise great job!

The next time you update your mod, SuperDee, could you please try to have the correct 2007 schedules in place for when spring training is over?

I'm sure I'm not the only one that is confused on how to get the correct schedule into this mod.

Otherwise great job!

That one is not up to superdee. Like I said earlier, the regular season schedule is determined by what's in your schedule.big file (specifically the mlb162_3.dat file)

That one is not up to superdee. Like I said earlier, the regular season schedule is determined by what's in your schedule.big file (specifically the mlb162_3.dat file)

Speaking of that, I thought I had the latest and correct schedule included in the 2007 mod, if not where is it?

Then perhaps I'm confused as to what's going on...

I copy superdee's .sav file into the folder where my other saves are

I simmed thru spring training to see if the schedule was correct. It shows the Brewers playing the Cardinals, when they should be playing the Dodgers on Opening Day 2007

I am assuming that my schedule.big is correct since I have a regular dynasty with the correct schedule. I'm a n00b to modding, but I assume that if the schedule.big is correct for this dynasty then it *should* be correct for superdee's too...

If I'm missing something please help me out...

Thanks in advance, and again I'm sorry if I seem dense on this, but I'm just getting into modding the game with all the great features the team here have created

The schedule.big from MVP 2007 has the 2007 schedule in the mlb162_1.dat file.

What I did:

1. Open schedule.big file with bigGUI

2. Export mlb162_1.dat

3. Found where I exported that file to, and renamed it to mlb162_3.dat.

4. Import mlb162_3.dat

5. Compress mlb162_3.dat

6. Close bigGUI

The schedule.big from MVP 2007 has the 2007 schedule in the mlb162_1.dat file.

What I did:

1. Open schedule.big file with bigGUI

2. Export mlb162_1.dat

3. Found where I exported that file to, and renamed it to mlb162_3.dat.

4. Import mlb162_3.dat

5. Compress mlb162_3.dat

6. Close bigGUI

Hey Ty, I added an updated schedule.big file in the d/l so that you don't have to answer this a few hundred times... Thanks again...

Thanks to Ty for helping me with my problem, superdee for this great mod, and of course the MVP07 team for everything.

I now have the perfect baseball game to keep me busy all summer.

Rock on, and go Brew Crew :)

Another Brewer fan? Awesome! :)

@ superdee: Will you release that with UR as well? I installed the MVP'07 mod with UR and was wondering if there is a chance for an UR .sav file in order to enjoy Spring Training?

I will release the UR and any other rosters once I get permission from the respective creators. I sent a PM earlier today, so I hope to get a response soon.

I will release the UR and any other rosters once I get permission from the respective creators. I sent a PM earlier today, so I hope to get a response soon.

Much appreciated and thanks for the quick response. Now, once the year has been changed to 2006 and a season is simmed, wouldn't the players have progressed and gotten a year older by the time you reach 2007 spring training?

Much appreciated and thanks for the quick response. Now, once the year has been changed to 2006 and a season is simmed, wouldn't the players have progressed and gotten a year older by the time you reach 2007 spring training?

No, I imagine you are referring to the how to instructions, the reason for the simming is to get the dynasty to the first spring training which happens in the next season. Once you reach the first spring training you import the roster that you had before you simmed... So basically it's like you overwrite the season you just had with the stats from 2006.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived