Need a Guinea Pig

Mav3rek

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sweet sweet sweet. thank you thank you thank you.

I'll fix it tomorrow and post screens of it once I'm done.

no problem glad I could be of service, although, I'm not a fan of the baggy pants, reminds me of Manny :D

no problem glad I could be of service, although, I'm not a fan of the baggy pants, reminds me of Manny :D

the reason for the baggy pants is because since I was on a PC without MVP I had to download the pant mod so that I could have the hibody.ord/orl files to work with. The pant mod is what makes them baggy, I'm just changin' up the wristbands. Now that I'm home, when I work on this later today, I'll be using my hibody.ord/orl files so they will have normal pants.

Here's a question: Using this knowledge, would you be able to turn one of the wrist/forearm bands/guards or whatever (preferably the 'team color' one) into a Bob Gibson/Chris Carpenter/Mark Mulder style 3/4ths sleeve undershirt that starts under the jersey sleeve?

That would make the 1967 mod absolutely perfect.

Do you mean every player that had that wristband or just every single player in the game?

every player with a wristband. I guess you could do that, and then take wristbands off of whichever players you wouldn't want them on. So then only some of the players would have 3/4 length sleeves.

Of course, I'm only speculating here. I'm not entirely sure. I'd have to test anything before making a definitive statement on it. But I don't see why it wouldn't work.

And that is my point. I haven't really looked at what 'gear' is still in the game, but for the 1960's version mods (1961, 1967) the only real gear that exists is "short sleeves" meaning black undersleeves that would extend to where current sleeves do so that the actual jersey can be moved up (think Roger Maris), the 3/4ths sleeves that most pitchers of th era wore, and single glove batting gloves (for late 60's).

Thanks for the info Mav.

Ok, here's an update. The wristbands can be changed independently of each other...

Meaning some players could have wristbands around their wrists, while others could have them around their upper forearm.

Also, if need to be, it would be possible to take the wristbands and "convert" them into 3/4 length sleeves or even full length sleeves. Meaning you could have some players have 3/4 length or full length sleeves and some just have the regular jersey.

I'm on my 6 year old laptop right now, so these screenshots are from an 8MB video card...yes that's right, 8MB. So excuse the crappyness of them. Some minor tinkering is probably still needed to make them fit around the player's arm, b/c I think they are still floating a little bit....but anyway here's 3 screens. 2 of Jr. wearing the wrist band, and 1 of the player edit screen where you can choose if you want the wristband around the wrist or around the forearm.

mvp20052007030721090203qd0.png

mvp20052007030721092358fc4.png

mvp20052007030721095705yu0.png

these are the little ones. I've never seen a big wrist band on the upper forearm. Though the large ones that are still on the wrist could be sized down to be little.

Well, ryan howar and david ortiz use`s the bigger ones.

Archived