Will adding RAM fix choppy gameplay

ibanezjp

I just installed a new graphics card (GeForce 6600) and the game runs better but still not perfect. When making throws accross the diamond or from the outfield it gets choppy(like the screen skipping). I have 512 of RAM. I tried lower some of the settings and that didn't help. I haven't tried 1x and unis and stadiums yet but I want to play with the new stadiums. I am willing to spend the $40 on ram (to push it up to a 1GB) if that will take the choppiness away. (Also my drive is not fragmented and I do not have many extra programs running at startup, and this graphics card should be plenty to run the game, and I have patch 5 installed). So bottom line will more ram solve this problem. thanks

The video card drivers are up to date. I could try uninstalling the card and reinstalling it but I essentialy did that trick you mentioned because the game was installed on my computer, then I uninstalled my old graphics card and reinstalled the new one. The graphics card should be plenty powerful enough. angryrat, what graphics card do you have?

What Graphics card did you have in there before?

And did you uninstall the old drivers?

Proper driver installation is to remove the old driver

reboot........then a lot of people like myself run a program

called driver cleaner.

Then install new driver...............

I run the game on high settings on an old 1.4GHz Pentium III with 512MB of memory and an old GeForce Ti4200. It runs pretty smooth for me.

There has always been an issue with this game and fast computers/video cards...almost as if the game is moving too fast and gets 'out of sync' with the video.

I get the 'jerkiness' if I don't use any AA or AF.

I couldn't tell what you'd tried by your previous posts, but I'd suggest cranking up AA and AF as high as they go, and turning Vsync ON.

I run the game on high settings on an old 1.4GHz Pentium III with 512MB of memory and an old GeForce Ti4200. It runs pretty smooth for me.

There has always been an issue with this game and fast computers/video cards...almost as if the game is moving too fast and gets 'out of sync' with the video.

I get the 'jerkiness' if I don't use any AA or AF.

I couldn't tell what you'd tried by your previous posts, but I'd suggest cranking up AA and AF as high as they go, and turning Vsync ON.

I think your SO right with this game and fast computers..

IM STACKED! and the more I upgrade the the more frustrated I get with the gameplay.. It sticks and gets a little stuttered sometimes.. Ive learned to accept it. I do get better graphics when I upgrade, I must admit, but NO video card has ever given me the smoothest perfect gameplay. EVER! Theres always some stikiness and quick game pauses throughout. I hate that so much. Its time for a REAL EA UPGRADE! DAMN EA! Y DID U SELL OUT!! I can imagine what they would of put together by now with an Official EA MVP game for the PC!

I have a Radion 9250, and I usually have 98% of my games played without any glitchiness that will affect anything.

What res do you play on?

What do u set your AA and AF too?

Do u use the 07 MOD?

Can you please tell me your specs and setup?

TIA

Both AA (Anti Aliasing) and AF (Anisotropic Filtering) are 'filters' that are intended to clean up graphics...very basically, they smooth edges to get rid of jagged edges. Both come at a cost to performance. For most games (on 'slower computers'), you'd want to turn them down to improve performance, but something is wrong with this game, and faster computers need to be slowed down by cranking these effects up.

Changing these settings varies depending on what card you have...I am most familiar with Nvidia products, but the basic process is similar for ATI cards as well.

Generally, you can modify these settings by right clicking your desktop and selecting "Properties", then click on the "Settings" tab, then on "Advanced". Next, click on the tab that shows the name of your card and you should find some settings in there. You might need to look for Advanced 3D settings or something like that. There should be a slider for each setting, with numbers like 2X, 4X, etc...I'd try 4X or even 8X and see how the game performs. (I can provide more exact details when I'm at home...the office computer doesn't have all the settings.)

(On Nvidia cards, you can right click the desktop and select your graphics options right from that menu. It gets complicated after that because you can set up different "Profiles" so that the computer changes the settings specifically for each game that you play. There is a "Global Setting" that the computer uses all the time, and then you can specify a different profile for each game. I'd suggest changing the "Global Profile" to begin with just to see if it works, then if you can figure it out maybe specify a profile just for MVP 2005.)

Archived