Will adding RAM fix choppy gameplay

ibanezjp

spitoon, can you give us your exact settings. I am really at a loss of what to do with this game and am about to give up. I've tried changing game settings, tried changing graphic card settings, tried freeing up ram by only running neccesary programs, I have the mvp patches, I've tried using the original stadiums and tried the 1x uniforms. tried reinstalling my drivers, Nothing ever works. It still looks choppy when I throw across the diamond or from the outfield. If any other people could also say their settings(game and graphic card) that have this game working would be helpful. I am starting to think the problem is with the game and not with my computer. I love MVP and really want to play but its frustating when I can't get it to run up to par.

spitoon, can you give us your exact settings. I am really at a loss of what to do with this game and am about to give up. I've tried changing game settings, tried changing graphic card settings, tried freeing up ram by only running neccesary programs, I have the mvp patches, I've tried using the original stadiums and tried the 1x uniforms. tried reinstalling my drivers, Nothing ever works. It still looks choppy when I throw across the diamond or from the outfield. If any other people could also say their settings(game and graphic card) that have this game working would be helpful. I am starting to think the problem is with the game and not with my computer. I love MVP and really want to play but its frustating when I can't get it to run up to par.

I feel your pain!!

Ive been trying to get this game to run glitch free for years!

I have a AMD64 X2 4800+

2Gig Ram

2-10 000rpm Raid HD's

Nvidia 7950

Playing at resolutions from 800X600 to 1920X1200

Anti Alaising 8XS and AFiltering 16X(tried them ALL!)

Updated drivers and EA Patches..

NEVER had this thing running perfect..

A lot of pitcher and batter sequence hicups, stalls, and Quickly delays...

It mostly happens when the announcers come in to speak!

Tried all kinds of uniforms, stadiums, everything!

I really think the faster machines have the issues...

I feel your pain!!

Ive been trying to get this game to run glitch free for years!

I have a AMD64 X2 4800+

2Gig Ram

2-10 000rpm Raid HD's

Nvidia 7950

Playing at resolutions from 800X600 to 1920X1200

Anti Alaising 8XS and AFiltering 16X(tried them ALL!)

Updated drivers and EA Patches..

NEVER had this thing running perfect..

A lot of pitcher and batter sequence hicups, stalls, and Quickly delays...

It mostly happens when the announcers come in to speak!

Tried all kinds of uniforms, stadiums, everything!

I really think the faster machines have the issues...

Have you tried turning the announcers off? Is that even an option?

I found out that I was having choppy gameplay because I was using a no cd crack. the patches do not work for the cracks so I got a mini backup image so I could play the game off the .exe file and it worked! No more choppiness when throwing across the field because I installed patch 2. Then I installed the 07 mod and it wokrs too. I can't install patch 5 though as it says old file not found. Maybe I have to reinstall the game and just do patch 5 from the start. anyone else no how to install the patch5 after I already installed 2. I just want to try 5 cause their is a little jump after the ball is hit, but even if this can't be fixed I can deal with it. I am just so happy that its not choppy when throwing now.

I found out that I was having choppy gameplay because I was using a no cd crack. the patches do not work for the cracks so I got a mini backup image so I could play the game off the .exe file and it worked! No more choppiness when throwing across the field because I installed patch 2. Then I installed the 07 mod and it wokrs too. I can't install patch 5 though as it says old file not found. Maybe I have to reinstall the game and just do patch 5 from the start. anyone else no how to install the patch5 after I already installed 2. I just want to try 5 cause their is a little jump after the ball is hit, but even if this can't be fixed I can deal with it. I am just so happy that its not choppy when throwing now.

Do you know that this site does not support nor take part in what you are doing?

Have you tried turning the announcers off? Is that even an option?

Yes I have tried turning OFF the announcers, its quite a bit better, but its still not perfect, i get some other lags when fans cheer or heckling..

Plus, as much as those announcers are annoying, the game seems boring without them!

I have the original MVP CD and its in perfect shape!

Archived