Kccitystar's 3D Model Edit

Kccitystar

I've taken a break from Total MLB to do this update, which was inspired by the pants update from our friends in the far east. This update will fix and/or change a few things, such as:

- MLB logos on both the caps and helmets

- Extend the long pants so that they reach the heel area as opposed to the ankles like they are in the standard MVP 2005 3D model

- Fix the issue with the shin guards where the bottom strap clips the pants when they are baggy.

- Move the wristbands a little higher up towards the elbow area. To what extent, is unknown at this time.

- Attempt to create a turtleneck for uniform undershirts

So far this is my progress:

canohead.jpg

brilliant.jpg

helmets.jpg

So far this is what's impossible to do at the moment, because I'm editing the 3D model, people expect a lot, so I'll list them in bold so people can read clearly:

-Extend undershirt to cover the sleeves

The undershirt is a texture, not a 3D part

-Add sunglasses and long hair to players who sport them

I can't add vertices, simple as that

-Edit the batting helmets to form the Cool-Flo helmet shape

There are insufficient points to edit the helmet in a way that resembles the CF helmet.

-Add features, more stuff, etc

Give me the source code and I'll do it

I'll be working on this for the rest of the week, so any questions or assistance would be nice.

-KC

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazing....the little things that make such a big difference...any chance of editing it so that people with normal socks look better? because it makes their legs extremely skinning looking and not many people look like that when they wear the normal socks.

Is this the mlb total pack version 1.16?

No, that is the uniform update.

Amazing....the little things that make such a big difference...any chance of editing it so that people with normal socks look better? because it makes their legs extremely skinning looking and not many people look like that when they wear the normal socks.

Spungo had said something similar along the context of the uniform pants on normal players looking like tights, which I'd like to fix up a notch. So far I've fixed up the jackets so they don't have the collars on them, and so far I'm attempting something here that will resemble a turtleneck. I'll post a screenshot in a couple of minutes.

How about the wind blowing uniforms like MLB 2K6 on the next-gen consoles? Man if only that was possible... remember this is PC.

Wow if only KC can make better crowds and not those poor photoshop cuts from EA I mean look at KC's screenshots... even the though the players look good the paper crowd just messes up the scenery

Hey KC, I thought that you did not want to mess with a 3D model :) I think Ma3rek is working on forearm bands and he was able to move them higher. As for now, he is only working on small ones. Are you going to have both small and big wrtisbands?

Hey KC, I thought that you did not want to mess with a 3D model :) I think Ma3rek is working on forearm bands and he was able to move them higher. As for now, he is only working on small ones. Are you going to have both small and big wrtisbands?

I'm not sure how that is going to work when that space is used for the elbow guards

first of all, great job!!!! :smile:

second, this has given me some ideas:

could you possibly change the way catcher's chest protectors and shin guards are mapped so they aren't just mirrored over? This would help people like spungo, because then they could put equipment logos on the chest protectors without them being on both sides. Maybe the mapping on shoes could be changed also, to make it easier for people creating shoe mods (spungo). I've noticed that a lot of the shoes i've seen don't seem to have textures mapped well on them. Speaking of shoes, maybe you can try and re-model those too (they never seemed quite right to me).

finally, I was about to send that list of suggestions for OEdit to the creator, but this mod has prompted me to ask you is there anyway OEdit could be improved to make these modeling jobs easier for you?

first of all, great job!!!! :smile:

second, this has given me some ideas:

could you possibly change the way catcher's chest protectors and shin guards are mapped so they aren't just mirrored over? This would help people like spungo, because then they could put equipment logos on the chest protectors without them being on both sides. Maybe the mapping on shoes could be changed also, to make it easier for people creating shoe mods (spungo). I've noticed that a lot of the shoes i've seen don't seem to have textures mapped well on them. Speaking of shoes, maybe you can try and re-model those too (they never seemed quite right to me).

finally, I was about to send that list of suggestions for OEdit to the creator, but this mod has prompted me to ask you is there anyway OEdit could be improved to make these modeling jobs easier for you?

I can't change the mapping if will only map on one side. The shoes however, I'll see if I could work something out there.

Archived