MVP 1988 screenshot thread

tebjr

well let's hope it's not kicking his butt too bad. a man should be able to have a little free time to play a classic baseball video game. i'm more curious to what he's got done and what's left to do. maybe if hasn't got time, release a beta and we can see and help with what else is needed.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

I've got a MVPEdit question.

I've changed John Wathan, Kansas City's manager, face to 901 and set the face as an '05 style. I exit the Royals roster and when I go back into their roster, his face is changed to an '04 style.

Any reason as to why? Do the generics default to an '04 style?

I've changed John Wathan, Kansas City's manager, face to 901 and set the face as an '05 style. I exit the Royals roster and when I go back into their roster, his face is changed to an '04 style.

MVPEdit doesn't handle all of the manager attibutes correctly. This might be another one. While creating one of my single season mods, I ran into an issue where no matter what I set the manager body style to in MVPEdit, when I exported the rosters, it was always set to "heavy". I eventually had to just edit the manager.dat file by hand to make my changes.

I then made a copy of the manager.dat file so that if I had to make any other changes to the rosters, and then export the rosters, I could overwrite the newly exported manager.dat file with the version that I had edited by hand.

Sorry but that was way off topic search for the answer next time

• 1 month later...

Sorry but that was way off topic search for the answer next time

Now, that's hilarious. Telling the guy who is actually creating this mod to search for the answer because the question is supposedly off-topic.

It was a pretty impressive new low.

But things have got to be looking up right Sean? He possibly can't say anything else to outdo this one. Or can he?

Anyway, hope you don't take it personally or anything Andrew. It's just that comment was quite funny. It's all in fun. :smile:

This is one particular mod that I predict will be the MOD OF THE YEAR.

Thanks Hull. I don't know if I'd go that far but I appreciate the support.

Everything, except the readme, has been sent to Jim to be packaged up. No definite release date, but I hope it was worth the wait.

Everything, except the readme, has been sent to Jim to be packaged up. No definite release date, but I hope it was worth the wait.

I have no doubt that it will. Thank you very much for the time and effort you put into this tebjr. I am positive this mod is going to be as popular as all the seasonal ones that came before it. :)

I have no doubt that it will. Thank you very much for the time and effort you put into this tebjr. I am positive this mod is going to be as popular as all the seasonal ones that came before it. :)

Thanks Y4L. The biggest thank you should probably go to AlexTony. I had complete MVP burnout and hadn't touched the game in about 3 months, but an email from Tony got the blood boiling again, so he gets a big Thanks for this.

Thanks for posting those excellent Cards screenshots!

This mod is EXACTLY what I've been waiting years for. For many, many years I've done everything I could to re-create 1988 in baseball video games, but I've always run out of created players slots, or the uniforms aren't even close to accurate, and the stadiums are not original, etc.

But now....thanks to your work, sir.....I'll have the baseball video game I've always wanted to play.

I cannot freaking wait. Thanks again for all your hard work.

Like I said the MOD OF THE YEAR, I think many are eagerly waiting for this one............Canseco was the MAN and now Madonna plays with little boys, A-Rod.

This, ladies and gentlemen, marks the first time that baseball seasons have been compared by virtue of Madonna-interest.

Archived