Cubs BP Uniform

miatafreak

Is the hat mapping a case where in the UV Map Editor the verts are all on top of one another? If that's the case all you have to do is select the parts using the UV Map Editor and the views and move the mapping in the UV Map Editor like you would to separate the ad mappings in a stadium. If they are connected which is what I am assuming, then it is a huge pain.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok that seems simple enough. I'm so used to the hockey goalie temps where the color layer is just linked to the layer so you just have to change the color.

If it helps any, I put up a small template pack a while ago with some generic catcher's gear packs that have layers more like what you're describing...

Well, I have no experience whatsoever with the Map Editor, but I did a test run on the mapping. In this screen cap, you can see where I put the Rawlings logo on the hat.bmp. In the game screenshot, you can see the entire logo on the seam between the right segment of the cap and the front-right. Half the logo is on the seam on the rear-right segment. The entire thing is mirrored on the left half of the cap, with the logo reversed. I'll test the other seams on the hat.bmp later.

hatmappingct3.png

This is somewhat confusing as, when you look at the placement of the logo on the .bmp, you can see that only part of the section that holds the right half of the logo is blended into the front of the cap. I'm not sure where that cutoff is.

I'm sorry that I don't see it, but could you tell me what the breakthrough is?

Read the first page onward until now. There was a problem adding the two flaps on the spring training hats because of the mapping, but now that the mapping has been worked out, it comes with a slight problem that I wanted to avoid but I can't.

It wouldn't involve any major graphical work as long as you keep the two hat panels side by side like that. (which I assume you would to get the texture and air holes mapped correctly). All someone would have to do is create a .bmp that is 256x256 and copy it twice into that new .bmp and mirror the top one so the hat panels are on top of one another. It'd be a little time consuming, but it wouldn't be a major graphical edit. I'm sure any modder familiar with PSP or Photoshop would be able to do that.

Then it's just a matter of editing the index.fsh files to repack the .fshs

This is awesome!

But...it would break pretty much every uniform ever made for the game up until now, right? What happens if you try and slap an old cap BMP in there?

then it wouldn't map out correctly. if i'm correct in my assumption, they edited the hat model through oedit, and changed the layout of it all. so then you would have to install the new models, but that in turn would cause you to have to edit all the hats in the game.

but from what it appears, it shouldn't be that hard of a feat to do, it's just going to be tedious work since there's so many uniforms.

KC, if you want help, i'll be more than happy to lend a hand. i'm technically always going to be working with the classics, but i think i can squeeze in time for this. if other modders want to help, we can make quick work of this.

Also if someone wanted to make a template where the third panel was horizontal and inserted perpendicular to the two vertical ones with them all connected at the top, one could make the WS hats with the logo on one side or anything similar with a logo on one side.

It would involve moving that right panel (front of hat) into the negative space that isn't used to the top right of the image but the mapping could be moved to that location. Think of the mapping of the side and back hat panels like a half a flower with the top of the cap as the center. That's what the template could look like.

dang, you guys really got this thing down. i really thought we were limited to what we could do with uniforms. could these breakthroughs actually allow us to put single logos on the back of the hats too? or how about even bending the bills?

i'm not an expert on editing these models, so i'll let someone else play with that first...the templates can come after we agree on the model to use.

Archived