Cubs BP Uniform

miatafreak

dang, you guys really got this thing down. i really thought we were limited to what we could do with uniforms. could these breakthroughs actually allow us to put single logos on the back of the hats too? or how about even bending the bills?

i'm not an expert on editing these models, so i'll let someone else play with that first...the templates can come after we agree on the model to use.

The bills can be bent, just how far is up to whoever is editing.

If anything the classic uniforms format remains unchanged.

Now, if this turns out to be like a "standard" then that would be awesome.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah, i agree. i think making this a new standard would be great. it will open up the doors for modding uniforms up a little more.

but i think that if we change the format and make this the standard, we should probably do the same to the classic slots. only because, if we changed this, a new hat template should be made to match.

but back on topic...i can start when i get home tonight if you want. i can start with the al west. just let me know what dimensions you want them at.

edit: hmmm....was just thinking...your uniform pack doesn't include a uniform for every slot for the mlb teams does it? this would mean it would have to include them for an update like this to work, or everyone else is going to have to edit their hats to match the new model. not to mention the minor league teams...

i'm just starting to see how much work this would be...d'oh! we're talking major upgrade. this probably won't work unless there's some major help involved. but i'm in...

yeah, i agree. i think making this a new standard would be great. it will open up the doors for modding uniforms up a little more.

but i think that if we change the format and make this the standard, we should probably do the same to the classic slots. only because, if we changed this, a new hat template should be made to match.

but back on topic...i can start when i get home tonight if you want. i can start with the al west. just let me know what dimensions you want them at.

edit: hmmm....was just thinking...your uniform pack doesn't include a uniform for every slot for the mlb teams does it? this would mean it would have to include them for an update like this to work, or everyone else is going to have to edit their hats to match the new model.

No, it doesn't include a uniform for every slot, but if we do make this change then every uniform before and after this update will have to reflect the mapping.

that's what i was alluding to. it's starting to sound like a Total Uniform pack, including all the slots...at least that would result in the least amount of complications. but a project like that will require a combined efforts of our uniform modders. if you're up for it, maybe we should see if we can gather enough interest to make something like this work.

oh I am definitely up for it, all that needs to be changed is the hat size from 256 128 to 256 256, assuming you are working in 2X

This huge overhaul would take a couple months to really do in 2X, and then to resize back to 1X would take about a day given the resize program. It sounds good on paper.

In the mean time, I'm just making preparations

Sounds good to me. I'll take the AL Central when I get home from work tonight.

Just to clarify, is all we need to do is take the .bmp, resize canvas to 256x256, copy the cap layer, flip vertically and move as needed?

Correct. I am near completion with the AL East

Well, there's the flaps, but there are also a lot of minor league teams that have a flag on one side, or a rawlings logo, or something else. On top of that, a lot of teams (if not all) are using those same flaps for their bp uniforms.

As far as the index file, I've never messed around with that. I always assumed fshed took care of it, like it does for resizing stuff for 2x. If I'm dead wrong, what would I need to do with the index file?

EDIT: I suppose I should mention I know how to extract fsh files with nfshtool, and I know the index file is in the subsequent folder. Do I just open it with notepad, change the line to read 256 256 instead of 256 128, save, then double-click the index to repack it all?

Well, there's the flaps, but there are also a lot of minor league teams that have a flag on one side, or a rawlings logo, or something else. On top of that, a lot of teams (if not all) are using those same flaps for their bp uniforms.

As far as the index file, I've never messed around with that. I always assumed fshed took care of it, like it does for resizing stuff for 2x. If I'm dead wrong, what would I need to do with the index file?

Open it in notepad and find the number that is for the hat, then change "256 128" to "256 256".

What you did is fine if you want to use the sane thing on both sides of the hat but if you want individual patches on one side or the other then you have to layout the panels similar to what I have. I wasn't sure if you guys wanted to make an edit like that or not. If you want to setup a template that will work for everything, that's what you want.

Archived