All my uni WIPs

abc006

A while back i came across this photo of Harold Reynolds playing for the Alaska Goldpanners:

reynolds-harold_80_01.jpg

I thought, "Hey, that's a cool uni," so I decided to make it. The uniform is almost done, except for a few things:

JERF-1.jpg

LEGA.jpg

HAT.jpg

Obviously, the "Alaska" logo is missing, because I haven't been able to find a good semi-flat image to tweak and put on the front of the uni. If anybody knows where to find it, I'd be eternally grateful.

:cyclops:

Does this work?

akg64r.jpg

Yeah, I actually saw that one, I think that's the best I've come across. Actually, I had seen some interesting alaskan unis, and then I read uni-watch, and I remembered that it would be cool for an mvp uniform.

Hey, I played for Fairbanks in '85! We wore the same uni as HR then. I think he played around '82. Unfortunately, I had a bad Summer(9ish ERA). My arm gradually wore down after having thrown 17 complete games and 186 innings that Spring in college. But, I made up for it the next year, my first in pro ball in the NY/Penn league with a 1.71 ERA and 10 Saves(short season).

FYI, a few of the guys on that team had some meaningful time in the Show, Tim Layana, Mike Benjamin, Billy Bean, Kevin Ritz, Keith Lockhart.

Another interesting tidbit, Mark Grace played next door that Summer for North Pole. He had been drafted that June by the Cubs around the 24th round but wasnt happy with that and their offer, so he went up to Alaska and tore it up and got his money and signed at the end of Summer and the rest is history!

Oh also, I pitched in the Midnight Sun game in June. Usually the game would start around Midnight, but because of a rain delay, we didnt start until 2AM that night and had to turn the lights on due to the clouds.

Hey, I played for Fairbanks in '85! We wore the same uni as HR then. I think he played around '82. Unfortunately, I had a bad Summer(9ish ERA). My arm gradually wore down after having thrown 17 complete games and 186 innings that Spring in college. But, I made up for it the next year, my first in pro ball in the NY/Penn league with a 1.71 ERA and 10 Saves(short season).

FYI, a few of the guys on that team had some meaningful time in the Show, Tim Layana, Mike Benjamin, Billy Bean, Kevin Ritz, Keith Lockhart.

Another interesting tidbit, Mark Grace played next door that Summer for North Pole. He had been drafted that June by the Cubs around the 24th round but wasnt happy with that and their offer, so he went up to Alaska and tore it up and got his money and signed at the end of Summer and the rest is history!

Oh also, I pitched in the Midnight Sun game in June. Usually the game would start around Midnight, but because of a rain delay, we didnt start until 2AM that night and had to turn the lights on due to the clouds.

Wow, that's pretty amazing. It's really surprising how many players and especially future major leaguers played in Alaska.

Anyway, this is my progress:

JERF-2.jpg

However, I'm not sure about is what team in MVP to assign the uni to.

Wow, that's pretty amazing. It's really surprising how many players and especially future major leaguers played in Alaska.

Not really. In the world of college baseball, getting recruited to play in Alaska for the Summer is a big deal. There are a few elite Summer college leagues throughout the US, including the Cape Cod League. The ones that are well known in the culture of college baseball really are an opportunity to test your skills and play against the best college amateurs for the Summer.

The cool thing is you have a family sponsor who you stay with and they feed you and in my situation, they let me drive their SUV all Summer. You work varied jobs for pretty good money. Anything from Little League clinics to picking up trash, mowing grass for the city. Usually we would get about 4-5 hours of work and make around $60. That was good money then. When not on the road, we would work during the day and then play games at night.

In August, if you qualified for the NBC tournament(we did), you then fly to Wichita, Kansas for the big National tourney. The team and its sponsors cover the cost of the team and travel expenses.

Those look pretty sweet, but I think the black pinstripes should have a silver infill. Maybe a very light blue, it's a bit hard to tell from the picture of HR. But it's definitely not white.
I didn't see that before, thanks for telling me. I'll update it, and soon should have some game pics.

• 5 months later...

I've been working on two unis the last few days, here's some previews:

Phillies' 1944-45 "Blue Jay" unifoms: (not sure if anybody else has done this, I looked in the downloads and didn't find any.)

JERFphilH.jpg

Away:

JERFphilA.jpg

Pants home:

LEGxphilH.jpg

Left Sleeve patch (right sleeve is the same w/o the logo):

SLVLphilH.jpg

hat:

HATphilH.jpg

Then, I made a random, really weird Dodgers concept using some circus-type text, probably won't release it unless you want me to:

JERFdodgA.jpg

pants:

LEGxdodgA.jpg

Hat:

HATdodgA.jpg

(KC Temps)

I've been working on two unis the last few days, here's some previews:

Phillies' 1944-45 "Blue Jay" unifoms: (not sure if anybody else has done this, I looked in the downloads and didn't find any.)

JERFphilH.jpg

Away:

JERFphilA.jpg

Pants home:

LEGxphilH.jpg

Left Sleeve patch (right sleeve is the same w/o the logo):

SLVLphilH.jpg

hat:

HATphilH.jpg

Then, I made a random, really weird Dodgers concept using some circus-type text, probably won't release it unless you want me to:

JERFdodgA.jpg

pants:

LEGxdodgA.jpg

Hat:

HATdodgA.jpg

(KC Temps)

I did something like this awhile back.

hisnk1.jpg

Archived