2008 Stadium Mods

Pirate

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Dodger Stadium night version doesn't have lights (I think I figured out that the night version is just the day version with a night sky). Could you add lights and maybe play around with the shadows and OEdit vertex colors to make it look like it's actually night? Also those trees beyond CF seem to be a weird color.

Yeah that's my fault lol. I'm completely redoing dodger stadium. Im going to Oedit the crap out of it and add the new foul territory and fix textures and tree linings etc. Im trying to make it 100 percent accurate. Oedit vertex color? What is that? I'm not going rush this update. I think it's going to take awhile making the way I want.

dodg1.jpg

I found an easy way to import rhino points from the day version to Night version. The night version will look like night. That was my main problem in that first version. I also have better pictures I found on Seatdata.com.

Pirate, there are some good pictures of ballbarks there. I think a lot of the pics are outdated but the dimensions are correct. To get the high res ones you just need to change the number at the end.

http://www.seatdata.com/images/mlb_dodgers/2048x1536/157.jpg

Yeah that's my fault lol. I'm completely redoing dodger stadium. Im going to Oedit the crap out of it and add the new foul territory and fix textures and tree linings etc. Im trying to make it 100 percent accurate. Oedit vertex color? What is that? I'm not going rush this update. I think it's going to take awhile making the way I want.

dodg1.jpg

I found an easy way to import rhino points from the day version to Night version. The night version will look like night. That was my main problem in that first version. I also have better pictures I found on Seatdata.com.

Pirate, there are some good pictures of ballbarks there. I think a lot of the pics are outdated but the dimensions are correct. To get the high res ones you just need to change the number at the end.

http://www.seatdata.com/images/mlb_dodgers/2048x1536/157.jpg

lookin good!

That pic gives me some ideas:

1) If you need to add more crowds, maybe try copying the 3D crowds and renaming them removable.ord/orl. You could then move them to their needed location

2) Are you moving the dugouts also? I think I might be able to move the players in the dugouts in a similar way I have helped other stadium modders move the bullpens

As for the vertex colors, that is what makes certain polygons appear darker or lighter. This can be changed in OEdit. I did this with my Wrigley Field mod, and I'm sure many people didn't even notice that the night version is just the day version with adjusted textures, a night sky, and some lighting changes by editing some vertex colors.

That pic gives me some ideas:

1) If you need to add more crowds, maybe try copying the 3D crowds and renaming them removable.ord/orl. You could then move them to their needed location

2) Are you moving the dugouts also? I think I might be able to move the players in the dugouts in a similar way I have helped other stadium modders move the bullpens

As for the vertex colors, that is what makes certain polygons appear darker or lighter. This can be changed in OEdit. I did this with my Wrigley Field mod, and I'm sure many people didn't even notice that the night version is just the day version with adjusted textures, a night sky, and some lighting changes by editing some vertex colors.

1) Im going to import the new 2d crowd into the net.o like Sean O found. Even though they aren't animated It's a huge find. The main stadium is going to be in the removable.o and the donor (extra ads,lcd display) in mstadium. The possibilities there are only limited by cpu power. I'm pretty excited about the possibility of making it completely accurate.

2) Wow, The dugouts were my only remaining concerns. I originally planned on moving/making the dugout bigger but had no idea how to move the dugout players/manager since they aren't in the oedit file. I don't know where exactly they are located.So if you know a way to move those, that would help tremendously!

I found out how to edit the vertex hex colors, but how do I translate those colors? ie 0xFF2F3541 Html hex is only 6 digits. So I have no Idea what color that is lol. I read your post on the yankee thread I guess I could pick a random one.

Thanx for once again ChicagoCubs720!

pirate, i know you mentioned you were finished with GABP but if you ever decide to do an upgrade, i have some decent pics of the backstop and different stadium shots, etc... i can upload if needed/wanted. i'm sure i'll be heading to the park again soon and i usually go camera crazy at the park. i think i drive my girlfriend nuts with it.

Pirate, I was at GABP this weekend and then came home and played the updated version you had for the game.

This is a list of the stuff that could still be done:

+New Graphics for Riverwalk (I have them if need be).

+The new brick wall backstop behind homeplate

+The video scoreboards that are on each baselines upperdeck

+The retired numbers section behind homeplate

+The Divisional Standings on the posts in rightfield

+Reconfiguring leftfield to make it a distinct 2 decks so that the advertisements and 'pitchers' bar can be added.

Just some things I noticed while at the game on Friday.

I found out how to edit the vertex hex colors, but how do I translate those colors? ie 0xFF2F3541 Html hex is only 6 digits. So I have no Idea what color that is lol. I read your post on the yankee thread I guess I could pick a random one.

Rolie, I think you just have to use the last 6 digits in the hex colors on the vertices, 2F3541 is a dark grey color.

As for GABP... I tried adding in the brick, but there hundreds of hidden verts and I am not gettig into that. It would five hours of work for something that is not worth it. As for the Riverwalk graphics I beg you please send them to me as well as the stuff in rightfield. The deck is not being broken up by me I'll tell you that much too much work. No thanks.

But here is an updated shot of AT&T, note the sky... (I need to remove the light glow I know)

sbc.jpg

1) Im going to import the new 2d crowd into the net.o like Sean O found. Even though they aren't animated It's a huge find. The main stadium is going to be in the removable.o and the donor (extra ads,lcd display) in mstadium. The possibilities there are only limited by cpu power. I'm pretty excited about the possibility of making it completely accurate.

I'm not too familiar with modern Yankee Stadium, since paul and I changed so much of the park for classic yankee, but using alphablend instead of net.o will actually make it look much better. The main issue with net.o is that the vertices are always visible in front of everything behind it, which looks very weird. Try alphablend, and then just try to do the cram32 import thing to get the crowd texture recognized.

I believe Yankee Stadium uses alphablend right now, but if you're going to essentially double up the polygons by using both mstadium and removable (mstadium for everything that is not moving, removable for anything that is), then you should be able to cover it.

What I did for Coliseum was put the chain link fence i had for Alphablend originally in as net.o, and put the crowd as alphablend. I obviously want the fence to appear of everything in front of it, so that particular trick worked out, while the crowd became shaded properly behind it.

I'll have to check out the last 6 digits being hex thing, because that would help me out a ton. Took me hours of noodling to get the arches remotely visible in the background of the Coliseum, sure would be nice to properly light them.

No... i am not sure which alpha to black out and it really is plausible that the lights would be on. So I say lights stay on!
yeah it is possible that they would be on, i drove past the reds stadium on saturday during their 1:00 game and the lights were on at like 1:30

Hey Pirate (or whoever that may know), are these stadiums compatible with the original game (as in not MVP 07) because of the Field Changer mod being implemented? I've read all through a few threads and couldn't find anything that said it was, so I was wondering. I've installed the first 3 stadiums released and they've all been OK so far, but I only played them briefly. They ran a little slower, but I guess they were supposed to be, so would I be fine then without the MVP 07 mod?

Thanks.

Archived