Total Classics 7 Released!

fuzzone

Fuzz - I tried the FOX 9 datafile after you told me about it last week and it was pretty cool. The only problem I had was that the top half of the pitch meter was cutoff on my screen, so I had to really guess when the pitch was in the green zone. I was testing it out on a laptop, so perhaps the screen size and resolution I was using caused the problem.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, great, great work. Like the way you incorporated the new field changer mod.

Graphic/looks don't always catch my attention that much, so moreso just pointing this out: for the teams (well, the '69 Cubs) that have the "miner" batting helmets, of sorts, I noticed that in the attempt to make certain portions of the helmet transparent, the MLB logo in the back is still there, floating.

Also, FYI re: the '69 Cubs, Popovich has a significantly higher contact rating than both Banks and Williams even though lifetime he has a significantly lower BA. His BA for that particular year was higher than both, but then again he was only a utility player.

Yes, great, great work. Like the way you incorporated the new field changer mod.

We didn't incorporate the new field mod changer, as it was not completed when we added the stadiums to Total Classics.

Graphic/looks don't always catch my attention that much, so moreso just pointing this out: for the teams (well, the '69 Cubs) that have the "miner" batting helmets, of sorts, I noticed that in the attempt to make certain portions of the helmet transparent, the MLB logo in the back is still there, floating.

Thome25 who created the flapless helmets for Total Classics 5 had seen this, but I believe he said that there really wasn't much he could do about it.

Also, FYI re: the '69 Cubs, Popovich has a significantly higher contact rating than both Banks and Williams even though lifetime he has a significantly lower BA. His BA for that particular year was higher than both, but then again he was only a utility player.

MVPEdit creates the contact and power ratings based upon the stats that were pulled in from the Lahman database. The ratings for a particular player on a particular team are for that year only and not for their career. For example, there are some players that appear on multiple teams in Total Classics. The player will have different contact and power ratings depending upon what team he is on.

In the case of Popovich, you said that he had a higher batting average in 1969, so that is why his contact and power ratings are higher. We probably should adjust this, however, since he did only play 28 games that season.

Phase 7...I can load the teams..choose pitchers..batting order...stadium...when it starts to load halfway through I get an error message saying mvp2005.exe had a problem.....I had no problems with Phase 6...MVP 1961...MVP 1967....How can I solve this problem? Thank You

Here's what I put as my review in the download section. Anyone have any comments on the points I brought up?

As a pseudo-historian and an outsider looking in since I first found the site last summer, I was hyped up to finally try the famous Total Classics. Needless to say, I was not disappointed, save a few little things.

The 1927 Yankees are a AAA team with numbers on their jerseys?!?

I am also a little thrown off by the organization of the teams when selecting them. I thought that all the Yankees teams would be bunched together, all the Tigers together, etc. I guess there is a valid reason for this because I know you guys would not do that on purpose.

I like how you get to select your CTS screen, as it adds just another touch of customization.

Those sunglasses on Lenny Dykstra are hilarious!

I think that players' portraits should take up the whole frame, rather than having a decorative outline. The picture being bigger would look better, in my opinion.

I had the same problem that the last poster had. 4-Seamers act like 2-Seamers, at least from Doc Gooden and Waite Hoyt they did.

One glitch that you may want to take a look at: I hit a sharp groundball up the RF line at Classic Yankee Stadium. It went through the little wall in foul terriory right next to the foul pole. The batter was able to run for an inside-the-park HR unabated.

Phase 7...I can load the teams..choose pitchers..batting order...stadium...when it starts to load halfway through I get an error message saying mvp2005.exe had a problem.....I had no problems with Phase 6...MVP 1961...MVP 1967....How can I solve this problem? Thank You

Please provide exact details:

1. What two teams did you select (which was home, which was away)?

2. Which uniforms did you select?

3. Who were the starting pitchers?

4. Did you play with or without the DH?

5. What stadium did you select (and was it day or night)?

6. Are you using the datafile that came with TC7 or your own?

7. Are any other mods installed (i.e. other stadiums, etc.)?

This will help us try to reproduce your issue.

Here's what I put as my review in the download section. Anyone have any comments on the points I brought up?

Here you go:

As a pseudo-historian and an outsider looking in since I first found the site last summer, I was hyped up to finally try the famous Total Classics. Needless to say, I was not disappointed, save a few little things.

The 1927 Yankees are a AAA team with numbers on their jerseys?!?

The reason that the '27 Yankees are an AAA team is discussed in the next section. As for the numbers on the jerseys, I believe that we used a uniform that EA provided with MVP2005 (not positive), so if it had numbers, then that's why they showed up.

I am also a little thrown off by the organization of the teams when selecting them. I thought that all the Yankees teams would be bunched together' date=' all the Tigers together, etc. I guess there is a valid reason for this because I know you guys would not do that on purpose.[/quote']

You probably need to understand a little about the history of Total Classics. This all began with MVP2004, when a number of team "packages" were developed one by one. You can find these packages in the MVP2004 download section under the "Team Packages" subfolder.

Each package would contain a roster, portrait set, logos and uniforms for an individual classic team. When you downloaded the package, you had to install each separate piece one by one. This tended to be a lot of work as more and more packages were put together. Fuzz eventually combined these packages into a single package. It was still a bit of work to install everything, but there were a few new tools developed that made the installation a little easier.

When MVP2005 came along, Team Classics was formed, and it consisted of modders who had created the classic team packages in MVP2004. The team packages from MVP2004 were ported to MVP2005 and once again combined into a single installation. MVP2005 allowed 120 teams, so the Total Classics team took suggestions to come up with enough classic teams to fill up all 120 slots. There was no particular rhyme or reason to the way that the teams were added, other than they started filling the AAA slots first and then the AA slots and then the A slots. The major league slots were filled last.

The portraits were deliberately given decorative outlines to give each team its own individual identity, rather than have all of them use the same bland format As you may have noticed, some of the teams use baseball cards from the 1910's and 1950's. Again, this was to make each team distinctive. This was just another small touch to make Total Classics stand out as more than just a roster update.

I had the same problem that the last poster had. 4-Seamers act like 2-Seamers' date=' at least from Doc Gooden and Waite Hoyt they did.[/quote']

This is probably due to the individual pitch characteristics (pitch speed, trajectory, movement) set for these individual pitchers. While we did the best we could on the rosters, we may have missed an attribute or two on the 3000 classic players in the game. We're always open to making roster improvements, so if you find something you think needs to be changed, tell us about it and we'll consider it.

PaulW and SeanO created Classic Yankee Stadium. You may want to pass this comment along to them.

I have often wondered how you guys create player audio-especially hard names like Yaz's -is it hard to do? My name is Jakabosky-I would love to hear it in a game.

Some of the names take quite a bit of time to do, as the modders have to splice together bits and pieces of other names to create a new one. AlexTony can provide more details on this. I know that he said that the Yaz audio took quite a long time and lots of edits to get it right.

Sad thing is I don't even get to enjoy any new sounds or music you guys put in the game. The PC I'm using the game on doesn't have functioning sound, even after trying to install new drivers.

While we did the best we could on the rosters, we may have missed an attribute or two on the 3000 classic players in the game.

I don't think it was individual attributes. I mean, I haven't gotten the opportunity to test out numerous games (I only had time to play the one game last night), but someone else reported having the same problem, so I figured I'd bring it up, too, to see if was some technical issue that could be resolved.

After all this time waiting to play TC 7, I have only been able to download the mod. I haven't installed it yet because I've been so busy at my work. I am seriously considering calling in sick just to play this mod but I have to save my time for next week when I really have to be home. :)

Sad thing is I don't even get to enjoy any new sounds or music you guys put in the game. The PC I'm using the game on doesn't have functioning sound, even after trying to install new drivers.

I don't think it was individual attributes. I mean, I haven't gotten the opportunity to test out numerous games (I only had time to play the one game last night), but someone else reported having the same problem, so I figured I'd bring it up, too, to see if was some technical issue that could be resolved.

I read the comment on the download page, and it has to do with the way that the 4-seam fastball breaks. That has to do with the way that the movement and trajectory values are set for the particular pitcher. If you open up the rosters in MVPEdit, you will see that you can change those values. Therefore, this is not a technical issue. It's just a matter of changing the 4-seam or 2-seam fastball attributes for each pitcher (if someone tells us what they think they should be).

Are you sure? I played last night with 1977NYY Ron Guidry and his 4-Seamer moves like a slider/cutter. I'll keep trying with more pitchers, but so far it seems like all the 4-Seamers move in on a righty batter.

If that's the case then it means that we set the trajectories the same for those left-handed pitchers who throw 4-seam fastballs (for good or bad).

On the '77 Yankees roster, Guidry has two pitches, a fastball and a slider. The fastball has a movement of 1 and a 1-7 trajectory. Look at this clock face:

Imagine that you are a batter looking at a pitcher. You can see how for a right hand batter, a 1-7 trajectory breaks down and in on a right handed batter. Changing this setting to something different would affect how the pitch breaks (or doesn't break if you select "None" for the trajectory). In addition, changing the Movement setting would adjust the amount of break.

Yankee4Life,

This is an intermittent problem on some machines -- probably related to amount of memory available as well as possibly clicking through the screens too quickly not allowing things enough time to load.

Next game Mr Cub would likely be his old self again !

Archived