Total Classics 7 Released!

fuzzone

I spent an hour today banging balls into right field at Yankee - probably a hundred or so. I didn't have any problems but by using another way to test collision data there may be a seam out there that could occasionally cause a problem. If *anyone* is having strange stuff happen at Classic Yankee please let me know. I'd like to try and fix it - I don't think I can but you never know. Also I did a quick texture makeover today on it while I was looking around - I almost have the lighting where I want it.

Hey paul-

Before you release it, can you shoot it back over to me when you're finished? I should be able to fix the crowd in the right field corner so it no longer disappears when the camera pans around. Plus, in a perfect world we make the outfield at Classic Yankee fully 3d, but who knows if that'd kill us. May be worth a shot.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have played probably 300 games at classic Yankee-it has happen to me 2 times down the right field line-ball disappears and the guy goes all the way.

That's pretty weird. I suppose it's possible that the heights are messed up in one little corner, and so the ball and skirt underneath, but that's weird for it to happen. Was this only in the most recent version where I moved around the seating, or has it been that way from earlier versions? And if you recall, when it goes through the wall and disappears, does the camera itself shift at all, as if it were hitting an invisible wall behind it?

wait, right of the foul pole, or left? So the ball lands fair, but skips foul and exits the field below the wall in foul ground. That would be a hell of a lot easier to fix if it's the case, so I don't have to go through each fair ground point.

a quick question about this, and i think i know the answer.

I have installed 7 but everything from 6 is still there. did i need to install this over a fresh verstion of mvp 2005? i will check the instructions but did not see anything about it that i recall. i say this becasue my dynasty is still there and i thought i would loose it with the switch

a quick question about this, and i think i know the answer.

I have installed 7 but everything from 6 is still there. did i need to install this over a fresh verstion of mvp 2005? i will check the instructions but did not see anything about it that i recall. i say this becasue my dynasty is still there and i thought i would loose it with the switch

Dynasties, controller configs, gameplay tuning, etc. are stored in your Documents and Settings My Documents MVP Baseball 2005 folder. They are unaffected by the Total Classics installation process. In fact, I found that if I uninstall and re-install MVP Baseball itself, the files in this folder are not removed.

wait, right of the foul pole, or left? So the ball lands fair, but skips foul and exits the field below the wall in foul ground. That would be a hell of a lot easier to fix if it's the case, so I don't have to go through each fair ground point.

Yeah, it went through the wall just right of the RF foul pole.

I think when I did it, it was a sharp ground ball that was JUST inside the bag, and it was at an angle that it would go foul after it passed the bag. It continued in this straight line and went through said wall.

About installing it:

The instructions said you need to install it on top of a version of MVP that had the latest patch, or something like that. I used MVP 07 then, because I'm pretty sure this includes any necessary patches and because the PC I'm playing on isn't online, so I don't think the standard MVP 2005 can look for any patches.

Anways, so I install it and it runs well except for a few things: the cyberfaces that I mentioned above, and the music is screwed up. The song list includes "Centerfield" I think 7 times, and one other song from the 07 mod twice. Does that have to do with TC7 not being compatable with MVP07, or something like that?

Absolutely a fair trade off-It was funny when it happened, I love playing this field and I didn't really care too much when it did. Same here; it is a ground ball down the line inside the bag and rolls foul and continues to go through the wall just right of the flag pole. As far as the camera angle I can't recall. I love this park though-300 games will tell you that.

About installing it:

The instructions said you need to install it on top of a version of MVP that had the latest patch, or something like that.

The TC7 installation instructions only say the following:

It is recommended that you have MVP Baseball 2005 Patch #2 or higher installed.

It doesn't say that you are required to have any patches installed. TC7 will run fine on MVP 2005 without any patches installed. You will just experience the same issues that non-patched releases have (e.g. stuttering, etc.).

I used MVP 07 then, because I'm pretty sure this includes any necessary patches and because the PC I'm playing on isn't online, so I don't think the standard MVP 2005 can look for any patches.

Anways, so I install it and it runs well except for a few things: the cyberfaces that I mentioned above, and the music is screwed up. The song list includes "Centerfield" I think 7 times, and one other song from the 07 mod twice. Does that have to do with TC7 not being compatable with MVP07, or something like that?

That is mostly likely your problem. It's not that TC7 is incompatible with MVP07, it's just that MVP07 changes a lot of things that TC7 does not touch. We never test installing TC on top of any of the other full season mods. Most of the TC developers simply create another install of the standard MVP 2005 and then install TC on top of it. That way, we can be sure that the only things that are different are the files modified by TC.

Thanks folks, I appreciate it. When there's any park where i've clearly done a lot of wall editing, and something's going very wrong, feel free to find the old thread and just let me know. Obviously editing the walls is very not fun, but hopefully I can check it out, and the more information the better.

Thanks folks, I appreciate it. When there's any park where i've clearly done a lot of wall editing, and something's going very wrong, feel free to find the old thread and just let me know. Obviously editing the walls is very not fun, but hopefully I can check it out, and the more information the better.

Same for me folks - if something is going whacky in any of the parks I worked on let me know. Changing the collision data isn't that hard but testing it is the ultimate challenge. And yes, I've seen my fair share of strange stuff happen while testing and had to make an adjustment and then re-test. Aaaagh! I am going to take a look at that right field corner in Yankee. Sean - hold off on doing anything right now - I'm going to send you a copy of a new update. The right field corner in Griffith also has a problem but that came from the *original* EA version and those guys had all the nice toys whereas guys like Sean and me have to go in and hack away.

Great, thanks paul. I actually just loaded up Classic Yankee (side note: that is one hell of a park we made there buddy; the Yankee left fielder stealing a Jimmy Foxx homer over the bullpen wall made it even cooler), and the background doesn't look as 2d as I feared. That really is a highly detailed background image you'd made for it, so I don't know if we'd really get much in the way of results by making everything 3d.

The right field corner also generally looks fine, so I guess i'll try to figure out the collision issue, and there's not too much else i'd like to change.

• 4 weeks later...

The right field corner also generally looks fine, so I guess i'll try to figure out the collision issue, and there's not too much else i'd like to change.

If you want to send me the coll.dat file, I could load it up in 3D in our CAD program at my office and check it out. If you want to make it really easy on me, you could send an editedcoll.dat file and make this:

look like this:

1,-764.422000,967.397278,4969.102500,121,-BS;151-0

2,-752.034973,886.908264,4969.102500,121,-CN;151-0

3,578.751600,967.396301,4970.432800,121,-CL;151-0

4, , , ,121;

5,-752.034973,886.908264,4969.102500,121;-BS;151-0

6,578.751600,886.908264,4970.420500,121;-CN;151-0

7,578.751600,967.396301,4970.432800,121;-CL;151-0

8, , , ,121;

with the XXX-X suffix coming from the section headings and point description. Any line that doesn't contain an XYZ would simply look like lines 4 and 8.

If not, it would just take a little more time for me, but I think it would save time for you in the long run.

You can do the same with wall.dat if you'd like me to check that as well.

Its final format (editedwall.dat) would just be:

1,1129.719971,0.001319,-520.294006,121;WALL

2,456.104004,0.001407,-616.125000,121;WALL

etc. Let me know.

• 1 month later...

I'm working on my own classics roster (All-Time Teams, All-Decade Teams, etc.) and I figured that I might as well have some classic stadiums in it, too. I'm not working off Total Classics (I'm editing the standard version of MVP 2005), but I would like to use some of the stadiums that are in TC7. What do I have to do (ie; copy & paste) from the TC7 folders so that I can use a stadium in another install of the game? How do I get it to show the edited picture on the stadium-selection screen? I've downloaded Ebbets Field separately and it works in-game, but when I'm selecting the stadium, it still just shows the regular AAA Stadium 1 picture.

Archived