Total Classics 7 Released!

fuzzone

I'm working on my own classics roster (All-Time Teams, All-Decade Teams, etc.) and I figured that I might as well have some classic stadiums in it, too. I'm not working off Total Classics (I'm editing the standard version of MVP 2005), but I would like to use some of the stadiums that are in TC7. What do I have to do (ie; copy & paste) from the TC7 folders so that I can use a stadium in another install of the game? How do I get it to show the edited picture on the stadium-selection screen? I've downloaded Ebbets Field separately and it works in-game, but when I'm selecting the stadium, it still just shows the regular AAA Stadium 1 picture.

If it's something you'd want to release publicly, you'd need the permission of the Total Classics team to use the stadium select screens and give credit in your readme file.

Next, you'd have to extract the stadium select screen from the data frontend stadiums.big file and import it into your stadiums.big file.

The list of classic stadiums in TC7 (and the minor league stadiums they overwrite) is listed in the TC-Readme.txt file that comes with TC7.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm doing this project for myself, but I was asked in one thread if I'd release it. Don't worry, if I was going to use other people's work (stadiums, uniforms, CAPs, etc.) and make it public, I was going to acknowledge them.

How do I extract a stadium-select screen from TC7? And then how do I install it into regular MVP 2005? The Ebbets Field that I referred to in my other post came with "aaa01nite.big" and "aaa01nite.txt." If I wanted to copy, say, the old Baltimore stadium from TC7 use it in the other install of the game, do I have to copy the .big and a .txt? I don't even know what the .txt does, that's why I'm asking.

I'm doing this project for myself, but I was asked in one thread if I'd release it. Don't worry, if I was going to use other people's work (stadiums, uniforms, CAPs, etc.) and make it public, I was going to acknowledge them.

How do I extract a stadium-select screen from TC7? And then how do I install it into regular MVP 2005? The Ebbets Field that I referred to in my other post came with "aaa01nite.big" and "aaa01nite.txt." If I wanted to copy, say, the old Baltimore stadium from TC7 use it in the other install of the game, do I have to copy the .big and a .txt? I don't even know what the .txt does, that's why I'm asking.

You have to get permission, not just acknowledge them.

Which has stopped me from releasing a few Classic mods.

BTW the stadium select screen are in the "LIBMISC" folder the TC makes when extracted

I did these stadiums select screens that you will find in TC

1a02.fsh

1a03.fsh

aa01.fsh

aa03.fsh

aaa1.fsh

aaa3.fsh

clev.fsh

forb.fsh

polo.fsh

sprt.fsh

tigr.fsh

Feel feel to use them, just ad my name somewhere in the readme file

Take whatever you want of mine, just put my name in the .txt file. For anything I worked on with paulw or pirate, make sure you also get their permission prior.

Same goes for anyone else who wants my stuff.

For me personally I really don't care what anyone does with my stuff. Just mention me somewhere and send me an email to tell me what you're using. I can't ever see a situation where I wouldn't want to give someone permission to use anything of mine.

• 2 months later...

Wonderful job on creating the phase 7. Have been playing this for a couple of days and I am really liking all aspects - especially the stadiums, they are very well done.

The pitching aspect is great as well - the datafile does a great job of capturing the essence of the game, but I am having a little bit of trouble with hitting. I could always grab the datafile and sliders that I am using for MVP 07, but I would much rather play with the datafile that came with the TC7. What I would like to know is if there are a set of sliders (all-star preferable) that goes with this TC. Thank you for the help and all the modders for the wonderful job.

redsox,

Perhaps Jim825 or AlexTony would be more qualified to answer this but to my knowledge NO datafile or pre-set Sliders are part of the Total Classic mods.

If you installed TC7 on top of a clean copy of MVP Baseball 2005 then you are using the game's default datafile and slider settings. If you install it on top of TC6 or any other version of MVP then you would be using the datafile and slider settings that were previously in those directories.

I think the concept with Total Classics if everyone has their own preference to datafiles used as well as slider settings.

Actually, Fuzz included Trues' Camera Datafile v1.5 when he packaged up TC7. I'm not sure if we'll be including it again when TC8 is released. Here's the TC7 info from the readme file:

Phase 7: More accurate pitching rotations, contact and power attributes for all pitchers adjusted, new uniforms, new faces, new audios, new portraits, new stadiums (Anaheim Stadium, 1950's Wrigley Field, 1967 Fenway Park, Atlanta Fulton County Stadium, Three Rivers Stadium, Riverfront Stadium, Kingdome, Arlington Stadium, Exhibition Stadium), three new teams added – 1939 New York Yankees replace the 1962 Boston Red Sox, 1994 Chicago White Sox replace the 1912 Philadelphia A’s, 1954 Cubs replace the 1964 Cubs.

-include Trues' Camera Datafile Mod 1.5

Personally, I use my own datafile, so I don't necessarily know what the suggested sliders would be for Trues' datafile. You could always search the forums.

FuzZ was and still is one of the original Total Classic Team members ..... just presently he is consumed with some of Life's real needs and thus has not been extremely visible or involved ....... hopefully his return to his previous degree of involvement with The Classics will not be too far down the road.

FuzZ was and still is one of the original Total Classic Team members ..... just presently he is consumed with some of Life's real needs and thus has not been extremely visible or involved ....... hopefully his return to his previous degree of involvement with The Classics will not be too far down the road.

That's good enough for me! I look forward to seeing him around here again too. Thank you.

112155 - Let me know what seems to be the problem with your '64 efforts ........ I might be able to help. Jim's installer works flawlessly as far as I can tell ---- especially on top of a clean install of MVP Baseball 2005 ......... We got to get you on '64 --- it really is a Kick !

Thanks for watching that Hurricane Stuff for me ..... I've been so busy with '64 I haven't even noticed anything brewing in the Gulf !!! Thank Goodness for That ..........

I wish I could tell you-I think I'm following the instructions properly buy I have even gotten the game to install it will say game installed successfully but when I try and find it it is no where to be found-I have no idea what file it is in-other times if fails to install and says another program is using the file or running already or something like that.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Archived