Wrigley Field update 2007

ChicagoCubs720

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I promise you when I get to a point that is presentable, I will share it with you. I won't hold anything back.

patience is a virtue my friend.

It's been 25 minutes CC, any updates?

Also, this is why I do all my parks in one fell swoop, and especially before I announce it. Once it's announced, oh boy, you're spending as much time answering questions about the release as you are working on the park.

CC720! I found a way to uvmap in Zmodeler2. It works in game. It may make your life easier. Multiple vertices can be separated if they overlapped. It's quite a long process at first. Lemme know, I can make a vid of how I got there if you haven't figured it out yet.

Its completely possible to rework a stadium from scratch. You don't have to deal with Oedit limitations anymore! Unfortunately it only works on mstadium.o and mfields#.o Doesn't work with crowd.o, net.o or alphablend.o, some reason ordtools wont convert the .o back into ord/orl format.

anyways I'm jumping with joy! Goodbye Oedit! Hello Zmod!

zmod1.jpg

CC720! I found a way to uvmap in Zmodeler2. It works in game. It may make your life easier. Multiple vertices can be separated if they overlapped. It's quite a long process at first. Lemme know, I can make a vid of how I got there if you haven't figured it out yet.

Its completely possible to rework a stadium from scratch. You don't have to deal with Oedit limitations anymore! Unfortunately it only works on mstadium.o and mfields#.o Doesn't work with crowd.o, net.o or alphablend.o, some reason ordtools wont convert the .o back into ord/orl format.

anyways I'm jumping with joy! Goodbye Oedit! Hello Zmod!

zmod1.jpg

Great find Rolie

great work rolie!

did you use the directions I posted in the Modder's thread?

when I modded High Heat stadiums with ZMod2, I wrote myself a set of directions for UV Mapping since it was so complicated and I kept forgetting.

Here they are:

1) -polygon mode on

-Select/Single on, click on polygon, polygon will highlight red

-press spacebar for SELECTED MODE

2) –Modify/Submesh/Detach

(uncheck “to new objectâ€, “keep originalâ€, and “enable dragâ€)

-click in the viewport you’re working in, press “1†to switch to vertices level

3) –Surface/Mapping/Edit, click in any viewport (UV Option Box opens)

-select “Create/Edit UVâ€, “From viewport XYâ€, and “Generate New†and click OK

-Open UV Mapper viewport

I'm not sure if UV mapping is the same in ZMod1 as it is in ZMod2

No, I never tried that way since I use Zmod2. Some steps are definitely different now that I see them. I'll make a vid soon after dodger game tonight.

I don't really know all these 3d terms atm. It'd be better if I just made a vid lol.

Another great thing about it is that Zmod will save the textures in the Z3d file so that you don't have to keep reloading them like in Oedit. It remembers everything lol.

Sorry to hijakt your thread but I thought you'd be interested.

No, I never tried that way since I use Zmod2.

???

Those are directions for UV Mapping in zmod 2

anyway, I'm really glad you tried this. I wanted to myself but I never got around to it and now that we know it works, this could help a ton. I would definitely welcome a video tutorial of some kind.

Also, could you try moving vertices and parts around for me? If you can do it without any troubles, it will basically eliminate the need for OEdit when modding stadiums.

The new generation of stadium modding is here to stay.

Uh...like, woah. So what you are saying is that it will remember everything everytime I reload it, thus not having to load graphics for particular parts?

yep, that's what the .z3d file format can do

http://forum.zmodeler2.com/viewtopic.php?t=1403

maybe if enough people post there, we can get this guy to add an oif filter to ZModeler 2.

I tried last year, but had no success.

Jesus this might make me want to revamp some stadiums Rolie. I am actually meeting with Frank McCourt tonight (not kidding), I'll have him give you a call and arange a cash payment for this.

yeah, You should have told him to sign a run producer lol

Zmod2 UV mapping vid

Lo res streaming vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo4ilkGy15c

Lo res streaming option to download higher quality

http://files.filefront.com/ZmodUVtut.wmv/;...;/fileinfo.html

Ok, took me awhile because I kept messing up lol. This vid has the less screwups. There is part during the Zmod1 that I seem like a complete noob lol. Some of this has been posted by various modders around. I just compiled all in one spot.

A. Use Oiftool2007 http://oedit.nd4spdworld.com/site/index.ph...-2.0-latest.zip to convert O file to Oif format. Import Oif file into Zmod1. Save as z3d file. Open Z3d file into Zmodeler2.

B. Zmod2

open up stadium file

1. Polygon Mode> select parts> selected mode on

2. Open materials Editor> add new> under texture layers add your texture>Assign to Selection>OK

3. Vertex Mode>Right Click>Mapping>Edit UV>Uncheck "Disable Old Mapping"

4. UV Mapper display>Material..>load texture> Selected mode OFF

5. Modify move things in object mode or vertex mode depending on what you want to do.

C. Zmod 1

Once finished in Zmod2, export as old Z3d format>open in Zmod1> show all> export oif format.

D. OifTool2007

Model type>MVP 05 stadiums>Import to O>selected files in dropdown menus>Continue>Hit Retain ALL>goto the part you edited and check "replace with" your new part> continue

E. Oedit

Open new O file, select the part you edited, select all vertices of part> vertex properties> color> 0xFF7F7F7F

F. Ordtools, EAZIP or GFXPAK

change O back into Ord/ORL format> pack into stadium

tools used

Zmodeler1, Zmodeler2, Zmod1 Oif plugin http://oedit.nd4spdworld.com/site/index.ph...-oif-plugin.zip , Ordtools, Oiftool2007, Oedit, photoshop cs3, Directory Opus, caffeine

rolie you are amazing!

anyway, I've finished the first half of the LF bleachers:

next2zb5.png

:smile:

well, I guess you can't really see much of what I did, but please excuse my excitement. Hopefully now I can create higher-quality textures for stadiums and better cyberface textures.

rolie you are amazing!

anyway, I've finished the first half of the LF bleachers:

next2zb5.png

:smile:

well, I guess you can't really see much of what I did, but please excuse my excitement. Hopefully now I can create higher-quality textures for stadiums and better cyberface textures.

What did u do? Spilled water or something? Anyway, the detail and quality of your ballpark brings the joy to everyone. Really nice piece of art work.

I'm redoing a portion of the LF bleachers right now, but hopefully I will have all the structural changes done by tonight (I will have a preview screen). After that, I will then have a bunch of graphical enhancements to do (using photoshop!!! :smile: ), and I should be able to get this done right on schedule (July 4th).

Now, off to my baseball game...

all the pieces for the bleachers including aisles, walkways, and fences are now in place. I now need to do a ton of UV Mapping, and the bleachers should be completely finished sometime tomorrow (well, actually today 12:15 AM :tired: ) After that, I should have a pretty good lookin screenie.

I'm in the home stretch. :biglaff:

Archived