Oriole and Fenway Park updates

The Big O

Well it's that time of year again. A slew of ad changes were made to both parks and I intend on updating both mods. However, seeing as though I don't intend on seeing a Sox game in Fenway this year and am not traveling to Oriole Park until August I need some people to take pictures of the various ads for both stadiums. As always if they could be straight on, clear and as close up as possible, that would be great. Here's the list I need from each:

Oriole Park:

All wall ads

All facade ads

PNC ad on main scoreboard

RF Scoreboard

Bullpen ads

Fenway:

All RF wall ads

Majestic ad behind CF

Ads on the Monster wall

Japanese Dunkin Donuts ad above RF stands

Scoreboard ads

Bank of America board

Ads on both sides of homeplate

Ads on facade

Anything else you think might have changed, go ahead and grab it.

I intend on updating Oriole Park first then Fenway. Please send me a PM if you can help me out, otherwise I'll have to scour the internet for stuff and it will take me longer to get these updates out. Thanks in advance! :)

Thanks for those links, Pirate. I've never heard of flickr to be honest, but it is much more up to date than the stuff on Webshots.

Anyway I plan on updating all the ads to their current state in Oriole Park. However they majorly screwed up the color of the new pads in the OF. They are not Camden Green and don't match the old padding nor the rest of the green in the stadium. I'm not so sure I want to replicate this effect.

I'm not a big fan of the new ads in CF either as the versions that were there the past two years were much more subtile. These two stand right out at you. I'm also surprised they got rid of the Coca Cola ad on the scoreboard that has been there since the park opened in 1992 - did Angelos strike a deal with Pepsi or something? I've also noticed the park is one giant advertisement for MASN with no less than 8 separate ads for it. The construction behind CF continues and I'll add that building that now towers over LF and move the crane over to CF where it is currently is.

Keep the pics coming and be sure to PM me if you can take some shots for me at either stadium.

Flickr is wonderful... if you search for Oriole Park or Camden Yards (More results) make sure to click on "view most recent." That will get you the best photos. The resolution can be increased on the photos too. While I know advertising has been in ballparks forever some of these ads just look bad. No style. Fenway is getting gaudy.

Just a side note I find the Japanese Ads a little unnerving. Why not use Spanish language ads in Chase Field, Yankee Stadium and Shea? Why not throw up some eubonics in Atlanta?

I think I made my point clear companies are taking advantage of an ethnicity to generate sales.

It's completely off topic and I am sorry to hijack, but live in a state where English speaking students get shafted because teachers have to teach classes in two languages. This is the US, we speak English. I know the games are being broadcast in Japan but this is just ridiculous.

I think I made my point clear companies are taking advantage of an ethnicity to generate sales.

It's completely off topic and I am sorry to hijack, but live in a state where English speaking students get shafted because teachers have to teach classes in two languages. This is the US, we speak English. I know the games are being broadcast in Japan but this is just ridiculous.

According to who? Let's not forget the native americans that got shafted. The white man didn't go out and learn a different language. They kept their own. A lot of countries force their students to learn two languages. English speaking students are getting shafted by "No child left behind". Every state has their separate problems but that federal program makes it so much harder to teach.

Shady advertising is the main staple of capitalism. All the sudden it's a problem when it's in a different language.

Sorry to get political but I don't like this point of view and feel a need to express my opinion. I know it doesn't belong in this thread, but I am always eager to speak my differences.

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to remind you that they added "Conigliaro's Corner" seats, a tribute to Tony Conigliaro who was on the Boston Red Sox 1967 team that had a dream season that year. Those seats are probably even and just above Peskey's Pole. The link to view a picture is here: Right Here And the picture is #2.

And I also had one request. Right now you have Bank of America signs on either side of home plate. This year, and last year I have noticed that they put up the "GULF - Life...One Mile At A Time" signs quite a bit. I was just wondering if there was any chance you might be able to replace the Bank Of America for the Gulf signs? I think the Gulf sings really brighten up the backstop quite well. If you get a chance to see a Sox game at home you will definitely see them. I did go to the Gulf website a didn't see the signs specificly but the one that is in the heading seems to look the most like it. The heading on this page: Here I'll keep looking for the exact picture that I am talking about. Thanks much

Lol pirate, if the Dunkin Donuts ad is like the spanish one Matsuzaka wont understand it. In my country we speak spanish but I dont know what "Anillos de espuma de la Inmersion" means. This is what I understand: Foam Rings of the Immersion or something like that.

BTW, the avaya signs in the backstop say AVAYA and below them there are some japanese signs lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't want to derail the thread, but that's really ignorant. Enough people recognize the Dunkin Donuts logo so that the advertising isn't lost, and at the same time they're capitalizing on the incredible interest on the whole Matsuzaka thing. There's no need to be borderline-racist about something as silly as a sign in another language at a ballpark.

I don't want to derail the thread, but that's really ignorant. Enough people recognize the Dunkin Donuts logo so that the advertising isn't lost, and at the same time they're capitalizing on the incredible interest on the whole Matsuzaka thing. There's no need to be borderline-racist about something as silly as a sign in another language at a ballpark.

I don't want to start a fight here, but Pirate is exactly right. When immigrants from European countries came to America through Ellis Island many years ago, they were forced to learn English in order to participate in society. Why should we make it any easier for Hispanic immigrants? The only reason we now see many advestisements in Spanish as well as English is because companies have recognized Spanish-speakers as another advertising outlet, not because the government wants to help them live here.

• 1 month later...

Just wondering if it was possible to edit out that GO SOX on that building in right center field....that was cool during the 04 playoffs...but now it's just a inaccurate detail....

Your parks are easily some of the best....the Citgo sign blows me away....keep it up

Archived