MVP Baseball Online, Back w/ a Vengeance!

TribeFan4Eva

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally like using AIM for a couple of reasons. To begin, I already have it installed -- so I don't need to download and install another program. I personally have concerns about the security of some of the programs mentioned in this thread. Also, over the past couple of years I have gained a pretty big list of MVP players. Whenever I want to play a game I can usually find someone on AIM to play. Now I know some have expressed a reservation because if you sign on to AIM with no intention of playing MVP you may get bombarded with messages asking you to play. My response to that is to create another AIM account that you would use specifically for MVP play. If it would help, we could always post a list of everyone's AIM names on the MVP Competitions so that you could always have an updated list of people interested in playing MVP online.

I do agree that a central location for communication is needed in order for MVP online play to be successful. It's all up to the player at this point in time. There are several options available -- MVPmods Chatroom, AIM, or Himachi. Maybe a vote is needed. What do you think?

The best and easiest to use option is Hamachi, but only if enough players can be found who would not mind buying a premium account. Such a network would hold up to 256 members, and when that gets a little tight (imagine THAT :shock: ) one might think towards regional networks.

Using game-specific AIM accounts is feasible too, especially when addresses are listed.

I still think the mentioned chatrooms are worth considering because of their intrinsic simplicity, something that might be appealing to a lot of us. I'm totally uninformed (ignorant) about any security issues.

So yes, I do believe a vote is needed at some point. Always assuming there will be enough voters to make a difference, of course.

Say we use the launcher (I keep on calling it launcher because it's used as launcher for other games)and if you open hamachi before logging in you'll see in the private IP box the hamachi address

Security issue is the public IP you can see in the player profile

Honestly I never worried about my public IP, anyone should get some efficient tools (firewall, routers etc) to defend his privacy or stored datas before surfing the net...

P.S. Anyway I asked Albertaceo to delete public IP, no response as I guessed...

P.P.S. If someone skilled in VB.net could, starting from this idea of launcher, make another tool as this one.... :stickman:

It might work better if users joined a room when they wanted to play, then removed themseleves from the room when they were going off line. That way there could be fewer rooms and everyone on them would be ready to play.

If we just keep setting up rooms that have only a couple of active users at a time you'll have to join all the rooms to find anyone.

Has anyone had a successful game using this so far. I just tried playing against YankeeFan4Life101 and we had a lot of problems. The pitching controls barely worked so you couldn't control what you were doing at all. And the game kept complaining that the visitor was using unfair behavior.

Why not just create new MVP Baseball Online rooms once 1 room is full?

Been there...... All that does is create 16 player communities, most of whom will not be online at the same time.

It might work better if users joined a room when they wanted to play, then removed themseleves from the room when they were going off line. That way there could be fewer rooms and everyone on them would be ready to play.

Done that...... We had a welcome message in our networks asking folks to please leave when finished. It just didn't happen.

Not meaning to sound patronizing or cynical, but this is simply based on previous experiments with free Hamachi networks. We managed to fill up a couple, but nothing remotely like the online community Tribefan is trying to establish has ever come from that.

bad behavior usually means stop throwing the ball around the diamond after the play's dead. and besides the datafile, everything's loaded from the host. i'm on mvp baseball online 2 right now and tribefan's on but away... SOMEONE PLAY ME! I'M WAITING!

he beat me 6-5. although he had a 5-0 lead and i came firing back. Marte got thrown out at the plate in the 8th and Shoppach just missed a HR pinch hitting in the 9th.

our game had a lot of strategy. pinch-hitting, lefty/righty matchups, sac bunts, etc.

i had a blast man!

DJ, have you joined? If you haven't yet, you should. Join the 2nd room as there are like 8-9 spots left in that one.

For the 6-7 people who signed up and never get on, please remove yourself...You are just wasting space. For the other 20 or so who seem to get on here and there, thanks!

For the 6-7 people who signed up and never get on, please remove yourself...You are just wasting space. For the other 20 or so who seem to get on here and there, thanks!

Tribe, I do believe that as the network manager, you can evict people from a network. They would have to re-join the same as when they leave by themselves.

real quick, for everyone who has joined and i have not seen on, i am giving two days for you to reply here and say you still want to be apart of the room. if i dont hear from you i will be evicting people so that more active people can join.

im not trying to be mean or a jerk but just wont 2 rooms full of people who are very active. right now we have about 10 active players and 10 semi-active.

I'm on Hamachi, and will be for awhile if anyone wants to get a game in.

FYI: 4 spots have opened up in the original "MVP Baseball Online." We have around 16 members but some are star members so we can still take 4 more b/c 4 have been evicted.

If you don't get in on time join the 2nd lobby, however I advise you to register for this quickly!

Thanks.

I was able to get into each lobby last night and look around, but since I hadn't updated Hamachi in a while, that's all it took. I didn't hang around though as I didn't want to take up a spot. Good lookin' out Tribe. I don't see you as over bumping this thread. I see you has trying to stay with this and manage it as you know best to keep the enthusiasm/interest alive. Keep up the good work.....maybe we can get a mini-tourney going. The biggest challenge is getting people to get those datafile.txt to match up.

BTW.....anyone in the future interested playing me, I prefer most visuals turned off so that you can use the feel of the pitch, throw, etc. The only thing I really think is essential to keep on is the catch circle assist. The vector line could be useful when the game is lagging a good deal as well.

Everyone play nice! :)

Archived