MVP Baseball Online, Back w/ a Vengeance!

TribeFan4Eva

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmm.. I kinda just assumed it worked like other direct IP connections.

Does anyone know if Himachi thing is consistant?

I've read some of the posts and they elude to it not being that useful any longer... anyone have any thoughts or first hand knowledge?

hmm.. I kinda just assumed it worked like other direct IP connections.

Does anyone know if Himachi thing is consistant?

I've read some of the posts and they elude to it not being that useful any longer... anyone have any thoughts or first hand knowledge?

dont know how good this is or not but we could try it

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?autocom=d...p;showfile=3917

I got registered and everything... then went to login to the server.. and nothing

404 error.

Hmmmm... there's got to be somebody who knows more out there. I would imagine the demand would be very high.

Anyhow.. at least we tried.

If anyone else knows of anything, let us know.

Thanks,

-Scott

if you have a router you have to forward some ports.

if not, someone hosts, go to Whatismyip.com and give that IP to your opponent. Then host direct ip and have your opponent join direct ip using the ip you gave him from the website and you will connect.

there are still leagues out right now where guys play all the time and are GMs and etc. if you want info, pm me.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I know this thread is old, but I thought I'd post anyways to let people know that I'm available for online play. I am running a similar crusade to get players to play RBI Baseball online (www.rbibaseball.us). We finished our first season, and are starting season 2 soon. It all was inspired by tecmo's bustling online community which I'm a part of as well, so I understand the plight of people who are desperate to get people to play online.

I have a lot of experience in playing games online (we actually use hamachi for those people who are not able to configure their routers to host games). I don't have the time for a league at this point, but I'd love to take a stab at playing a game of MVP online just to see how it works, and to maybe dissuade me from purchasing MLB2K11 :)

Hit me up on AIM @ tecmoturd...my system is setup and I'm familiar with online play as I said, so connecting *should* be a breeze.

I actually don't know, the way we do it over in the Tecmo/RBI world is we just meet up on AIM first, and exchange hamachi network information like that. The websites we wrote act as "lobbies" to see if people are online, or we just use instant messenger and if they are on, we ask for a game.

If there isn't a dedicated hamachi hub, we could always just chat via AIM and exchange info as I've suggested...

• 4 months later...

Archived