Baseball Cards

Homer

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here's what the templates for the backs look like. i have one for pitchers and position players. it's actually quite a bit of work to edit all the stats, but is this worthy if an upgrade? i'm also gonna work on adding all the team logos to the fronts.

dang, you actually made that pretty fast. not bad. i forgot that i added the rookie logos. i wanted to add logos for mvp's, gold gloves, silver sluggers, cy youngs...and so forth but couldn't find logos i was satisfied with.

Well I've made a template based off an old set of cards I bought a few years ago. Here is a reference of the 1991 Upper Decks.

'91 Upper Deck

Here is the standard card:

Upper Deck Standard Series

But there is more, you can change the position, name, team logo, year, and series of the card straight from the template. A few samples:

Upper Deck Bronze Series

Upper Deck Silver Series

Upper Deck Gold Series

Upper Deck Hologram Series

I thought it would be fun to create them and add their own rarity based on the series. I really like the idea of the statistics on the back as well. And thanks homer813 for the idea. This looks like a fun little hobby we could start around here, virtual card trading. :)

Well I've made a template based off an old set of cards I bought a few years ago. Here is a reference of the 1991 Upper Decks.

'91 Upper Deck

Here is the standard card:

Upper Deck Standard Series

But there is more, you can change the position, name, team logo, year, and series of the card straight from the template. A few samples:

Upper Deck Bronze Series

Upper Deck Silver Series

Upper Deck Gold Series

Upper Deck Hologram Series

I thought it would be fun to create them and add their own rarity based on the series. I really like the idea of the statistics on the back as well. And thanks homer813 for the idea. This looks like a fun little hobby we could start around here, virtual card trading. :)

the idea wasn't mine, i got the whole idea from the start from hardcorelegend. but it's a neat little idea too. i think i'm gonna be releasing a card with each face i make. maybe someone will get motivated enough and does a whole set for each year. but you should upload your templates. i was gonna originally make that one, but i decided to go with something that had a bit of a mixed look. as you can tell, i took the design from several different years.

and i've always spelled it "shabadoo", but i guess shabado makes sense too.

How'd you do the text on the back of the card, the statline n all?

the text was simple, just use the text option in photoshop. it's the big "T". after that, it was just a lot of tedious work typing everything, organizing them into specific groups, and then lining them all right too. it's quite a bit of work to edit the text, but i think it's completely worth the effort.

What was the demensions of the card?

Mine is double the size of a standard card, so that works out to 5x7 inches or 360x504 pixels.

but you should upload your templates

I will eventually, I'm just still trying to find an easier way of placing stats on my back template. I also need a lot of team logos, if someone could suggest a good site, I'd like to have all the teams with many variations as well. I'll also include a guide, but I'm trying to make the template as user-friendly as possible.

and i've always spelled it "shabadoo", but i guess shabado makes sense too.

With your user name and avatar, I knew you would catch it. :)

EDIT:

I think I found a way to do the statistics chart so it is easier to edit. Here's a look of things to come :)

Back Template Preview

It will include MLB logos for all teams, little section for "Copyright" *read artist signature* and whatnot.

Archived