Baseball Cards

Homer

Mine is double the size of a standard card, so that works out to 5x7 inches or 360x504 pixels.

mine are also double of the real size too for quality. just shrink them down if you ever plan on printing them. i suggest using double sided photo paper.

I will eventually, I'm just still trying to find an easier way of placing stats on my back template. I also need a lot of team logos, if someone could suggest a good site, I'd like to have all the teams with many variations as well. I'll also include a guide, but I'm trying to make the template as user-friendly as possible.

chris creamer for logos. but hell if you find a better way to add all the text, then i can't wait to see what you do. tell me your secret. TELL ME.

one of the most memorable moments in simpson mythology. just don't get too many moments like that anymore in these newer episodes.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Added my download, it's pending approval. I didn't include the .pdf tutorial with this release, but I'm confident anyone who has worked with image editing can figure it out. ;)

but hell if you find a better way to add all the text, then i can't wait to see what you do. tell me your secret. TELL ME.

I'll do you one better...I'll tell everybody! :) Your template used each statistic for each year as a separate layer. I used column text, so each stat category is its own layer. When coying stats, just read down a particular stat, enter it, then press enter, and it lines up with the next year, until finally you reach the Totals row. Once you've entered the desired number of years, adjust the "Bottom Bar" layer between the final year and totals row.

by the way, did you actually make that hologram on the back?

Yes and no. :) I found a scanned card online, the hologram was large, but the color was just a flat gray. A little photoshop magic brought it to life though. The Upper Deck logos for the front are all based off of the "Standard" Upper Deck, again I waved my magic photoshop wand and there you have it.

Might as well post my Brady Anderson card I made.

25465_front-screenshot.jpg25465_back-screenshot.jpg

Can you post the tutorial, I would like to make cards but am a PS idiot.

PS idiot? No, you're just new to it, and we are all new to something at one time or another. :)

I did my best with this template to make it as simple as possible to edit. I've also included a large number of team logos, so you wouldn't even have to search or resize them. They are even labeled by the years that the team used them, in case your doing a classic player.

To answer your question bluntly, yes I will be making a tutorial. I'll include a .PDF document with the download. It will just take a little bit of time. I want to take the process step by step so a novice could complete it. It will also include plenty of pictures, as they may get across what my words can not.

My purpose for releasing the template with an existing player on it was for the user to tinker with it. Check it out and just see where things go and how. If you mess it up beyond belief, don't save it, just reopen it and start again. That's how your really learn all of Photoshop's tricks. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

the 92 bowman foil cards were a new step, too.

I agree! :)

[align=center]92bowprevri3.jpg[/align]

The foil edition will come in due time. If anyone has a good pic of that, it would be a big help. Also if you happen to find a higher resolution Bowman logo than the one I whipped up, that would be great!

Thanks homer! Just to add, if you have the card but no scanner, a good snapshot from a digital camera could work in a pinch. A good close up shot with any megapixel camera should give me more than enough hi-res.

My next previews I'll switch it up and show The Kid in his true uniform. Like homer, I'm a big Griffey/Mariner fan. :)

I've found some crappy ebay shots of the foil cards. Were they only gold, and was it shiny and textured? I'm not getting enough detail from these pics... :|

I've got a question on making a template. Did you just scan it in and remove the player and that was your template? Or did you somehow "graphicasize" the card?

I guess you could use a scanned card, then use Photoshop's "Clone Stamp" tool to remove the names. I don't however, I find you get better results making it from scratch. For example, the panels on the Bowman card were easy enough to color using Photoshop's "Gradient Tool."

i think i'm gonna start putting together a set too. i'm gonna do the m's (surprise!). looks like i'm gonna have to play a few games.

I look forward to seeing it. I'll be playing the '94 mod to get some classic shots of Griffey, Buhner, and Johnson. Man those were the days!

Well, with just crappy internet photos to go on, this is my work in progress of the foil edition template.

[align=center] :construct: [/align]

[align=center]foilprev1up4.jpg[/align]

I'm happy with it so far, but it just needs a little more I think. The work continues...we'll see what develops. :)

I agree! :)

[align=center]92bowprevri3.jpg[/align]

The foil edition will come in due time. If anyone has a good pic of that, it would be a big help. Also if you happen to find a higher resolution Bowman logo than the one I whipped up, that would be great!

Upload these please

Topps 1986 Temp. By me

michaelbarretttopps1985.gif

Original:

1986_Topps_Traded.jpg

II don't however, I find you get better results making it from scratch.

i actually mine from scratch :)

but you can go either way. there's just going to be some things on these cards that you will need, ie the holograms and such.

Here are two more for the night

1st: Victory (I think a Topps brand?)

Mine

ortizvictoryge5.jpg

Victory Original

varitekvictorymu8.jpg

2nd: A Minor League Set I Found

Mine

nomarminorleagueon1.jpg

Minor League Original

mcclellanminorleaguecopot9.jpg

I am looking for a couple more cards to use for templates, and when I reach about 10 or so, I will upload a template pack.

Archived