Oriole Park at Camden Yards v.4.0 WIP

The Big O

Hey guys you can follow my WIP for my latest update to Oriole Park at my new website here at MVPMods:

http://thebigo.mvpmods.com/opark.html

You can follow all my future work at the main site as well as get a quick download link to all my projects for MVP 2005:

http://thebigo.mvpmods.com/

I'll be updating as I go there, rather than clogging this forum with screens. Stay tuned!

Nice work on the bud sign! I almost have the same ad in dodger stadium. I got to do the same thing because got like three pics that don't even make a complete sign.

Also I dunno if you have rotating ads behind home plate. I think most ballparks do. I figured out from reading old posts that you could rotate them between innings. You can rotate lcd rings or whatever. Lemme know if you need help on that. You prolly already know anyways.

haha that coco crisp sig is hella funny!

The Hilton Convention Center Hotel has been added. Check it out here.

Rolie, as for the adholders, there are two and only one animation texture is provided for Oriole Park so I am choosing to leave them as BofA for the day and change the night version to something else.

The Hilton Convention Center Hotel has been added. Check it out here.

Rolie, as for the adholders, there are two and only one animation texture is provided for Oriole Park so I am choosing to leave them as BofA for the day and change the night version to something else.

I checked out your night version and I noticed you hid away the functional scoreboard. I figured out a way to use those scoreboard vertices to animate between innings. There's 10 seperate shapes that you can animate plus the animated logo. Kinda what Marlins did with the logo but apply that to the scoreboard shapes.

In tanim.csv

change the lines that look like:

h1,0,SCOREBOARD_HOME_SCORE_TENS,16,0,0.000000,0.000000,o

to:

h1,0,SCOREBOARD_INN,16,0,0.000000,0.000000,o

Then in oedit, Uv map the coordinates towards the first number. This is probably the trickiest part. Since it's the scoreboard It should be already set horizontally so you just got to move the vertical ones.

Iv'e tested this out in DS so it should work in Camden Yards. I guess the hard part is finding enough ads but I suppose you could just copy it over the different numbers to change after every few innings. Using this method I'm going animate my ads. A little bit of work but I think adds to realism a lot. Lemme know if you need help.

I checked out your night version and I noticed you hid away the functional scoreboard. I figured out a way to use those scoreboard vertices to animate between innings. There's 10 seperate shapes that you can animate plus the animated logo. Kinda what Marlins did with the logo but apply that to the scoreboard shapes.

In tanim.csv

change the lines that look like:

h1,0,SCOREBOARD_HOME_SCORE_TENS,16,0,0.000000,0.000000,o

to:

h1,0,SCOREBOARD_INN,16,0,0.000000,0.000000,o

Then in oedit, Uv map the coordinates towards the first number. This is probably the trickiest part. Since it's the scoreboard It should be already set horizontally so you just got to move the vertical ones.

Iv'e tested this out in DS so it should work in Camden Yards. I guess the hard part is finding enough ads but I suppose you could just copy it over the different numbers to change after every few innings. Using this method I'm going animate my ads. A little bit of work but I think adds to realism a lot. Lemme know if you need help.

I see what you're getting at but unfortunately the cram32 is stretched to it's limit. I just don't have room for any more enlarged textures and I'd have to resize the .bmp that has the numbers on it quite significantly to avoid loss of quality. To me it's more important to get the major background elements rather than have ads rotating throughout the game. I applaud your efforts but I just can't do it here.

wow, ! just looked at your cram32, That thing is really packed! I still think you can do it since you're not using the animated logo. You can cut that out and save room to enlarge the numbers shape.

Resizing textures wider helps also. Instead of using 1024x1024, you could use 4096x256. That way you could wrap the UV map for all the walls or buildings on the V map.

Also for extra parts, like ads or background buildings. You can also use the colouradd.o and split your parts into smaller chunks so that the cpu doesn't load 1024 textures. I swapped the colouradd.o with the crowd.o I moved a ton of verts to get those separated parts. I just think the options are only limited by creativity.

coouradd.jpg

wow, ! just looked at your cram32, That thing is really packed! I still think you can do it since you're not using the animated logo. You can cut that out and save room to enlarge the numbers shape.

Resizing textures wider helps also. Instead of using 1024x1024, you could use 4096x256. That way you could wrap the UV map for all the walls or buildings on the V map.

Also for extra parts, like ads or background buildings. You can also use the colouradd.o and split your parts into smaller chunks so that the cpu doesn't load 1024 textures. I swapped the colouradd.o with the crowd.o I moved a ton of verts to get those separated parts. I just think the options are only limited by creativity.

Have you been able to get a 4096 pixel .bmp to work? Because I've tried that and I've found the game displays any part mapped to that size .bmp as solid black. The game can't read anything higher than a 2048 pixel texture to my knowledge.

I'd have to resize that animated number texture quite signficantly most likely to 1024x256 to get the level of detail for the adholder that I want. Keep in mind I've already resized the crane texture to 1024x512 along with its with alphas in order to get the building beyond LF in there, so there isn't much room left. I've already completely repositioned every part on, remapped and downsized the stcs to allow for the large ads0 and its alphas so I'm not doing that again. I also want to keep the crowd animated so switching it around with something else isn't an option.

I am choosing detail and content over animation in this case. It just doesn't make sense to me to do all that work to get some ads to rotate, when I would be sacrificing quality of other textures. It was hard enough to do it to Fenway to get the Citgo sign to work but the results weren't that bad and I liked the animated sign so much and put so much effort into making it work so I made the move. I just can't make the sacrifice for Oriole Park. I'm glad to see that you will have rotating ads in your update though. Thanks for the advice.

Woot! You scared me for a second! Yeah I just loaded a 4096x256 in. I think the key might have been lowering the height in my case. You might have tried to load 4096x4096, that might just be too huge. I've got a high end sli setup so it's hard for me to crash.

oedit2.jpg

I have an idea for your crane to save that texture. I think you can get away with 3d modeling a crane from scratch and instead of using that huge texture. Maybe use a small texture or none at all and just color code the thing in oedit. I don't think 3d modeling a crane is too hard. You can probably use the colouradd. Iv'e got my colouradd.o if you need it. If you want I could try make one from scratch for you. Iv'e got 500 shapes ready to take abuse lol.

More progress to report - The cranes have been moved to their correct positions and the construction has been added beyond CF. I also tweaked the building overlooking the LF stands somewhat. I expect to have some major progress this weekend. As always catch the latest here.

• 2 weeks later...

This looks amazing!!! The flags out in center field are awesome! One question.. is there any way to add the team flags on the flag court above the right field wall?? This would add alot of character to the park.

This looks amazing!!! The flags out in center field are awesome! One question.. is there any way to add the team flags on the flag court above the right field wall?? This would add alot of character to the park.

I could add them but I wouldn't be able to animate them. However I could put Maryland flags and American flags on the flag court though. I don't think it would look right and only those two types can be animated for this mod.

I could add them but I wouldn't be able to animate them. However I could put Maryland flags and American flags on the flag court though. I don't think it would look right and only those two types can be animated for this mod.

I understand that you wouldn't be able to animate the flags on the flag court but I do think it would still be a nice addition to the stadium. It would make it that much more realistic. Your right about putting the MD flags out there on the court... it wouldn't look right.

Either way, this stadium is looks great. I am diehard O's fan so I am really looking forward to this one. Looks like it will be ready for me to start my second season in MVP!!

Big O, I got two pictures of the flags out there in RF back in April. The monsoon that hit the Northeast that week didn't start until about the 5th inning of the game against the Royals so the wind wasn't blowing yet. Maybe it can help you somehow, though, like for their correct order?

IMGP1056.jpg

Archived