There is a way . . .

Or download the MVP 2005 Mini-Image from GameBurnWorld and mount it with Daemon Tools.

Please note the following from the Forum Rules :

No warez or cracks or links to such content.

Help, requests or posts that discuss circumvention of copyright measures are forbidden. This includes linking to illegally obtained software, movies & music files - posting about it, and suggesting obtaining it.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It doesn't really work anyway, so don't worry, I tried. It just crashes when you try to get on the field (Like the loading screen before the introductions). I think I just have a problem w/ my system. Because there is no reason that the game should just crash like that. I must be missing a patch or have installed something incorrectly.

It doesn't really work anyway, so don't worry, I tried. It just crashes when you try to get on the field (Like the loading screen before the introductions). I think I just have a problem w/ my system. Because there is no reason that the game should just crash like that. I must be missing a patch or have installed something incorrectly.

Then I wish you luck in getting your game to work. You will not get any help here if you are using a disk image or a downloaded version of this game. I'm sorry, that is just how it is. This is a copyrighted piece of software from a very well known and influential software company. They would not approve of anyone downloading their games and they also wouldn't approve of us, the people that manage this website, for turning the other way and allowing users here to openly admit to having a pirated game and we did nothing about it except offer assistance. This we can not do.

Or download the MVP 2005 Mini-Image from GameBurnWorld and mount it with Daemon Tools. No emulation needed. This is what I did about 2 years ago because my DVD-ROM drive trashed the play disc. It totally wore through the shiny surface and there were ring marks around the disc. On EBay and Amazon people were selling used copies for $60 because it was still so popular. Lucky for me MicroCenter still had a few copies left for $20.

Same goes for you. Read what I wrote to that other guy. There's one thing about Gameburn World that you are leaving out. On that site it says you must own the game to use those images or no-cd files. And I know as well as anyone that most people ignore that. That's why we can't talk about Gameburn World here.

Any questions, feel free to PM or ask away in here. I'm sorry, but there's no middle ground in this.

OK, well here is a perfectly legal question. Where did you find your copy? EA stupidly stopped producing their 2005 games, so where did you find yours? Here's another perfectly legal question. What are the main differences between 2004 and 2005? 2004 is wicked cheap, but my friend does have an MLB 08 mod. Is there that much of a difference between this MLB 08 Mod for MVP Baseball 2004 and the MLB 07 Mod for MVP Baseball 2005?

The one thing I sorta wanted though was owner mode :(

OK, well here is a perfectly legal question. Where did you find your copy? EA stupidly stopped producing their 2005 games, so where did you find yours? Here's another perfectly legal question. What are the main differences between 2004 and 2005? 2004 is wicked cheap, but my friend does have an MLB 08 mod. Is there that much of a difference between this MLB 08 Mod for MVP Baseball 2004 and the MLB 07 Mod for MVP Baseball 2005?

The one thing I sorta wanted though was owner mode :(

I "found" my copy in February of 2005 at EB games for $29.99. It was on the shelf. I walked in, took it off the shelf, went to the cashier, paid him, and left. That's how I found my copy.

There is also a noted improvement in Mvp 2005 as compared to Mvp 2004. There is a big lefty bug in Mvp 2004 that never seemed to be fixed. The lefty bug in '04 had people like Jason Giambi hitting the ball as hard as he could and it only made it to the warning track. There's other improvements in 05, but that's just one example.

A good amount of the people on this site bought the game before EA stopped producing it, and before the prices skyrocketed to crazy money.

I had a friend ship it over to me from the U.S. to Scotland as it wasn't on sale here, and, all in all, didn't pay too much less than the price the game is currently being sold at on eBay. If you want to honestly play the best baseball game available, those are the lengths you'll go to, and you'll be able to get support from this whole community. If not, you'll be stuck using an inferior no-CD crack that won't allow you to play Owner Mode due to crashing problems.

Take your pick.

I "found" my copy in February of 2005 at EB games for $29.99. It was on the shelf. I walked in, took it off the shelf, went to the cashier, paid him, and left. That's how I found my copy.

There is also a noted improvement in Mvp 2005 as compared to Mvp 2004. There is a big lefty bug in Mvp 2004 that never seemed to be fixed. The lefty bug in '04 had people like Jason Giambi hitting the ball as hard as he could and it only made it to the warning track. There's other improvements in 05, but that's just one example.

OK, so eBay sounds like my only choice. In a way I guess it is worth it, because it is the best baseball game out and it's the newest (roster-wise) and it keeps getting updated, just paying $80 for such an old game feels weird.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been playing MVP with all the great mods but I am getting concerned about the life of my CD that is required to run the game. I have read all the comments about using "Daemon tools" and "Alcohol 120%" to run the game without the MVP disk.

However, the instructions sound a bit too complicated for this simplistic mind....I came across a website talking about "Clone CD".....am wondering if anyone has tried this program which will allow me to make a clone so I can then use instead of my original MVP disk?

Sure would like to know if CloneCD is a valid software program that I can use so I can save my MVP2005 disk. TIA.

Finally!

At last..... I finally downloaded a software program which allows me to put Disc 2 back in the case, never needed again to start the game.

I was getting very concerned about the condition of my MVP discs, especially disc 2....Now I no longer have to worry.

I read all the instructions about Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120% but I realized, due to my limited computer knowledge, I was in over my head.

This program I found is called "Game Jackal" by Slysoft.....Very easy to use (and it has to be for me to use it :) )....Downloads with a 21 day free trail. Afterward you must pay to keep it and costs approx. $39 U.S.

Ah.....Life is good again!

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

I've tried both Alcohol 120 (trial and bought version) along with IMGburn but neither one works.

Backing up my disc 1 went like a charm with A120 but it's disc 2 that keeps giving me a hard time.

Whenever trying to back up the cd running A120, it tells me Disc Read Error.

When using IMGburn, I get an error stating: Illegal mode for this track

I have two bought versions of the game which means that I've been trying to do the above using 2 different disc 2.

Any thoughts on what could be wrong or another program I could try?

I made perfect img of mvp which I love and it was'nt hard to do and I'm not a wiz. But I have the game which I bought ,and it's the orginal and I figure if you bought it, It your to do what you please and I'm just glad I have a back-up now. just in case.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm getting a bunch of errors when I try to create the .iso image in both Alcohol 120% and ImgBurn. I have all the all the settings set to Anthony's instructions. Is this a problem with the disk? Like scratches or something? It does have a few scratches, but, I mean, it still works when I actually play MVP.

You're supposed to get tons of disc read errors. Just allow the imaging to continue on, and when it's finished, you can use the image. The errors stem from the protection on the CD, I believe. As long as you have legally installed the game already with a valid code, you'll be fine - at least, that's what happened with me.

i personally have the discs and also have the images on my comp using daemon tools.

This is a great way to keep ur cds in good condition and works well.

SIDE NOTE: Anyone looking for a mvp league which we use the 05 disc but all updated stadiums etc,plus we have a salary cap,CAP drafts(created players),trading,free agents,waivers etc go here

http://www.athr.us/ sign up on the forums and the waitlist.

or contact me at mastertrashy44 (aim)

• 5 months later...

This is a little bit old, but I have something to add.

Instead of worrying about 2 different programs, you can just create the image using daemon tools lite, and then mount it using daemon tools lite.

I just tried it, and it ran just fine.

One thing I noticed different from the comments in this thread though, is that I did not get any read errors while backing my disc up. I kinda figured that meant my image would not have the copy protection, and therefore would not work right. Worked just fine.

The copy I got from a co worker a few months back was scratched pretty bad, and didn't work all that well (he didn't take good care of it, obviously, and had not played it in a couple of years), so I just got another copy off of Ebay (since the price is going down), and the discs were flawless. Because of that, I decided to go ahead of back this puppy up, so I don't have to worry about it getting scratched at all.

Hence me doing it now after this thread is so old, and not before.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I thought it might help someone out to know they don't need to download two programs.

• 4 months later...

This is a little bit old, but I have something to add.

Instead of worrying about 2 different programs, you can just create the image using daemon tools lite, and then mount it using daemon tools lite.

I just tried it, and it ran just fine.

One thing I noticed different from the comments in this thread though, is that I did not get any read errors while backing my disc up. I kinda figured that meant my image would not have the copy protection, and therefore would not work right. Worked just fine.

The copy I got from a co worker a few months back was scratched pretty bad, and didn't work all that well (he didn't take good care of it, obviously, and had not played it in a couple of years), so I just got another copy off of Ebay (since the price is going down), and the discs were flawless. Because of that, I decided to go ahead of back this puppy up, so I don't have to worry about it getting scratched at all.

Hence me doing it now after this thread is so old, and not before.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I thought it might help someone out to know they don't need to download two programs.

Hi, can you please tell me how to do this exactly.

I have Daemon tools lite and I'm not sure how to work it.

Thanks.

The easiest way for me to do it is this:

1: Right click on your Daemon Tools icon down on your tool bar, by your clock.

2: A menu will pop up. Click "Daemon Tools Panel"

3: A tool bar will come up at the bottom of your screen.

4: Put your disc 2 into your CD drive.

5: On the tool bar that opened up, find the icon for "Disc Imaging" (hover your mouse over them, and it will tell you what each one is if you are not sure). Click it, and it will open up a new window.

6: In that window, select the drive that holds your MVP 05 disc 2, the speed you want it to read (I think I went max speed, but you could go slower if you are worried it won't read right), and then below that, select where you want to save it to.

7: Hit Start.

Once it is done to 100%, you have your disc image.... Then...

8: You can right click on your Daemon Tools Icon again, and select "Hide Panel" The tool bar will go away.

9: Right click the icon again, and select "Virtual CD/DVD-ROM", and go down to "Set number of Devices".

All you really need is 1 virtual drive, so select "1 Drive".

I think it'll take a second to set your system up, if memory serves me.

10: Right Click the icon once again, and select "Virtual CD/DVD-ROM", then go to the drive it just set up. It'll say something like "Device 0: [ Drive letter here] No Media". select that, then click on "Mount Image".

11: From there, find where you saved your image to, and select it. It will quickly flash a message saying something like "mounting image", and then it will disappear.

You now have tricked your PC into thinking the actual disc is in a CD drive, and can play the game.

A couple of things to note.

#1: For whatever reason, when backing up my images with Daemon, I don't get a bunch of read errors like others have mentioned... But it still works. If you do, I doubt it will be an issue.

#2: This will only work with an original copy of the game. If you use a copy, it will still tell you to load the correct cd into the drive and try again everytime you try to play.

One other thing, I think you need to re mount the image every time you restart your PC (step 10, and 11 of the above process)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived