...More 3D Model Editing

thr33niL

Can the arm bands be made to look less like tincans and more like that are actually touching the arm?

How are the verts set up?

Thats what I'm going for but the skin comes through pretty easy if you get too close.

Yeah KC. Its just a lot of fiddling around with OEdit and in game testing to see if the skin comes through and if it looks good enough.

Spungo you should jump in on this, accessory master! We are talking about shin guards and elbow guards here. Here the mess I've come up with thus far.

nikeblkshinguardgk9.png

eastonwhtshinguardra1.png

..and I just added a little texture to the generic black pad. You can see it in the ARod pic above.

genblackpadbw0.png

Spungo you should jump in on this, accessory master! We are talking about shin guards and elbow guards here. Here the mess I've come up with thus far.

There's no need now, you've already done what's needed to be done! I got a lot of requests for shin guards last year, but I never thought it would really be worth the effort, as they're such a small accessory and I rarely see them in-game. However, now that everything has pretty much been modded, I guess it makes sense to go after the small stuff.

My favorite thing is that texture on the elbow pad -- I think that looks pretty nice.

yeah, not really sure what he was referring to since most faces have their individual models. but speaking of this modelling stuff...is it possible to make these uni's a little more baggy? for instance, i know you've played with the pants, but it still doesn't look right to me because of the model right behind the knee. it still looks skin tight there. i think if you made that part a little bigger, it will actually give it more of a baggy look. plus the shirts, can we make it anymore baggy? such as bigger and longer sleeves.

yeah, not really sure what he was referring to since most faces have their individual models. but speaking of this modelling stuff...is it possible to make these uni's a little more baggy? for instance, i know you've played with the pants, but it still doesn't look right to me because of the model right behind the knee. it still looks skin tight there. i think if you made that part a little bigger, it will actually give it more of a baggy look. plus the shirts, can we make it anymore baggy? such as bigger and longer sleeves.

I will try and work on this myself, but it will affect the arms.

I am also going to attempt to "bagg-ify" the jersey a little, and I will try and fix a nagging problem with the knee area on the jersey b/c it looks funny IMO.

I will try and work on this myself, but it will affect the arms.

I am also going to attempt to "bagg-ify" the jersey a little, and I will try and fix a nagging problem with the knee area on the jersey b/c it looks funny IMO.

KC if you would design the uniform models to come out very baggy maybe give the players a little weight (ex; Albert Pujols, David Ortiz, Youkilis, Manny Ramerez, etc.)

how is this coming along Thr33nil? I'm eagerly awaiting the arm bands

Still messing with the armbands. Lots of testing on ranging sizes of players. Also still trying to play around with the plastic elbow guards.

I would think they would conflict with players that have arm guards unless he's made them a little smaller

I actually did shorten the black pad version since its the longest down the arm. If you really look at them, the pad version of the elbow guard is way to far down the arm. It almost comes down mid-forearm. Much to far IMO.

Want to make the pads more like this..

ARod elbow pad

Still a WIP though.

• 2 months later...

Archived