How to get strikeouts

teampunjabi

First, for make Ks you have to know your pitcher, let's see, an example, Randy Johnson: he has a Nasty slider and the batter will probrably swing and miss. So, trow the best pitch as strike 3. The best thing to do is to make the batter fish.

First pitch is usally a fastball, down in the zone.

Second pitch, the count is 1-0 or 0-1

1-0: trow another fastball down in the zone (you can trow a 2 seamer or a cutter too)

0-1: now, you have 2 things that you can do: a changeup at the corners or a good pitch outside. What pitch? well, a splitter is good. if you don't have the splitter trow some good pitch that the batters swing.

0-2: now, you can pitch a good breaking ball outside and try the batter fish or, better, a big splitter.

2-0: you have fall behind, BIG BOY, try a changeup at the corners.

1-2: it's time to your best pitch now, cutter, slider, splitter, knuckleball, it doesn't matter. You can trow it inside or just a little outside.

3-0: big troubles here. let's see, this guy will swing on a 3-0 count? No, good, a fastball right down the middle. If this guy is a great poer hitter walk him.

2-2: trow a breaking ball for strike 3. Lights out see ya.

3-1: ok, remeber, this is the hitter's pitch. There's a reason if it's called the hitter's pitch: they know that you will trow a strike and they will probably hit this one out of the park. I usually walk a power hitter but if this hitter is weak try a fastball at the corners.

3-2: the last pitch. This is the time where you will pitch the best pitch in your arsenal. Use it.

Remember, know the pitches of your pitchers. If you don't know it you'll probably get hammered.

I've never got more than 12-13 personally but even then I've only done that about twice. My problem is more that my junkballers who throw 88mph gas get all those K's and not the flamethrowers. And frankly that just doesnt happen in real life.

What difficulty are you playing on? I'm not driving in enough runs to get up to MVP yet so all this stuff happens for me on All-star

My record 21 K's with halladay my plan:

1st i start with a splitter/sinker really low, bad hitters fish good ones lay off. then i throw a huuuuuge backdoor curve down and in/out(depends on lefty righty)

Count is 0-2 i just throw a high curve on the top edge of the zone 7/10 you have a K.

Just work your batters with inside cutters outside curves etc! be creative!

The most I ever got in a single game was 15-16 (I don't remember) with Burnett... it's about setting up pitches. I usually start with a fastball on the bottom outside corner either (I mix up types of fastballs here) then bust them inside just off the plate and under the hands with a 2-seamer or cut fastball... followed by a curve or split for strike 3 down and away if I get 0-2... if they don't swing I usually come back inside or throw a fastball up and just out of the zone.. again if it gets 2-2 I go back to the curve down/away.. usually by this point they got themself out already or got a hit off me

I forget what the slider is called but the one where they swing less will cause them to take more called strikes... and swing more will make them more likely to chase bad pitches out of the zone

Is there anything you can do with sliders? Because with my dynasty I am doing now,The Saga of the Holsinger Brothers, (Check it Out!) they only have two pitches and it's kinda hard to strike people out.

If they only have two pitches what do you expect? With just two pitches they can guess at 50/50 shot to pick the right pitch.

I forget what the slider is called but the one where they swing less will cause them to take more called strikes... and swing more will make them more likely to chase bad pitches out of the zone

If they only have two pitches what do you expect? With just two pitches they can guess at 50/50 shot to pick the right pitch.

True, but don't be suprised by the fact they only have two pitches. Read the dynasty and find out!

It seems like no matter what datfile I use. It is impossible to get more than 5 or 6 strikouts a game and hard to make the computer miss the ball when they swing. THey have AMAZING plate discipline also.

pitch on the edges

after I get 2 strikes I throw slow braking balls in the upper corners

Start hard in one lower corner, then braking in the other lower corner, if you have two strikes try slow braking in the opposite of the strike 2 pitch or away from the hitter

I never throw balls EXCEPT for high heat (up in the zone) with 2 strikes with a pitcher that can throw harder than 96MPH

I get 5-9 Ks with guys with standard stuff and 10-15 with pitchers with good stuff

pitch on the edges

after I get 2 strikes I throw slow braking balls in the upper corners

Oh man, I play with a left submariner, but I pound the lower zone with my sinker and slider, then if it gets to 2-2, I lob a high backdoor screwball. I've never had the batter even try to swing, guaranteed k. It really is all about setting up the batter. The player never expects me to chuck something in that location after relying on the other 2 pitches, and they're frozen. It's most excellent.

Archived