Philliesphan18's Background Overhaul

philliesphan18

I decided to do something out of the ordinary for me, so I am planning on releasing a background overhaul of MVP 05/07 where all the backgrounds are pictures of MLB Stadiums. Don't worry, all the pictures are not the same style. I am using interesting stylish pictures, not all aerial ones. There is going to be at least one picture of every active major league ballpark. I have most of my pictures, but I would like a few more to select some, so if you have a cool picture of a ballpark, high-res of course, please post it here or give me the address.

Also, I was wondering if someone has a list of all the .fsh files in the backgrounds.big file and where they comply with in the game Ex: CTS, License, Loading Sceen, etc...

Thanks

One thing I would suggest you look into is the possibility of providing a team personalization set. I know someone else had mentioned this a while back but I am not sure if they ever got around to doing it.

This is what I mean - maybe you could have a license screen, a splash screen, loading screens, background screens etc... of a particular team. And like that do that for all 30 teams. I understand that it may take a lot of time, but if there are a lot of people interested in something like this, I would be more than happy to help.

i was wondering if u could do a team personalization set if i provide u with pix which i can find here?

Yeah - I'd do it right after I finish the Stadiums one.

how about using some wallpapers too? high res pics are sometimes hard to come by, but you can always created a decent wallpaper out of a picture.

They provide a good high-res picture yes, but I am sort of biased against them because they don't give you that in-game feel. I would consider using them for CTS screens or splash or license screens, and maybe loading screens, but not for backgrounds.

-- If someone knows a good way / place to get high-res pictures, please tell me.

Okay - so I have been checking out my current ones in EA GRAPH, and it appears to me like the screens don't have to be one set size. Is this true? If so, where do I know to put the loading bar / license info etc...?

First off, sorry about bumping my own thread here, I know it isn't exactly the most appretiated thing in the world here. Second, I have been fiddling around with what I said in my last post, and I really haven't been able to find out anything. Any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I am disappointed with the fact that there isn't a quality high-res sports photo site on the internet. CBS Sportsline is alright, but the images aren't big enough to be wallpapers on a modern laptop. 1024x768 is a nice size but my resolution is much bigger than that. You'd think with the sheer volume of games played that there would be more readily available photos. I really want high-res photos of all the ball parks.

I am disappointed with the fact that there isn't a quality high-res sports photo site on the internet. CBS Sportsline is alright, but the images aren't big enough to be wallpapers on a modern laptop. 1024x768 is a nice size but my resolution is much bigger than that. You'd think with the sheer volume of games played that there would be more readily available photos. I really want high-res photos of all the ball parks.
And your posting this here why?

BTW - Try flickr.com, they sometimes have pics big enough.

Archived